Comic for May 28, 2022: Saria and Trace pt2

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tiennos
Citizen

Re: Comic for May 28, 2022: Saria and Trace pt2

#16 Post by Tiennos »

Rasol wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:49 am
Tiennos wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:40 pm I guess old Trace needed to hear that, but damn, that's brutal. I kinda feel bad for him.
I don't. Old Trace's madness and despair led him to torture, murder, and even genocide.

The man she loved died with her, and what was left was broken on a fundamental level. This also explains exactly why Saria tried to hide so much from him when they met. What if he remembered? What if he fell to madness again? New Trace might not be the man she loved, but compared to the monster he became when she died? Still an improvement. I can see why she would prefer he remain ignorant of his past.

The amnesia was the best possible outcome for him, but it doesn't wash away his sins either. At the end of the day, Fallen Trace did a lot of damage, and SOMEBODY is going to have to fix it. Given the power of many of his former cohorts, there also aren't a lot of other options that are even qualified to stand up to the corrupt templar at this point.
Oh, I agree that what old Trace did was, as Saria put it, just unforgivable and new Trace needs to fix what he can. But at the same time, Trace cared about only one thing: Saria. Now that she's told him how she feels about all of this? Well, it's a good thing there's a "new" Trace because the old one has lost absolutely everything. He deserved as much, but that's still a sad fate.

Not that I'm complaining, I love a good greek-style tragedy.
I'm adorable !

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#17 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Ah yes please Trace do grow a spine an get to fixing some of the problems you caused!

I do not agree that new Trace is completely off the hook here, he is not a different person just the same guy minus all his pain and grief. Which i know it is completely the opposite of what Saria asserted but... i still think there is not fundamental difference between old Trace, Dark Trace and New Trace.

To be fair this may be problematic, if after Saria leaves with Rose to the afterlife Dark Trace may reassert control out of sheer rage and try to level the whole place, which is something i was honestly hoping for... Also that deals with our Dragon problem on the foyer!
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Elio
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora,remi

#18 Post by Elio »

Bojack727 wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:01 am
IHeartMaeve wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:29 pm Geh! That expression in the bottom right isn't just getting Old Trace. I'm feeling the sting of it as well. And I don't even have any real reason to! Tom's just that good at this!
I hear you. At first, I was like "DAMN! That's cold-blooded!" But someone HAD to say this! Trace has managed to avoid the consequences of his previous actions for a long time, and so Saria's condemnation of him was cruel but warranted. While I don't believe that the Trace we know is accountable for the actions of his previous self, there was no way that he could go on avoiding the emotional/psychological fallout forever, and we have to see where things go from here- in the wake of Trace receiving this metaphorical slap to the face in the midst of this epic condemnation from Saria! Good luck, everyone, it's anyone's guess for what's going to happen from here on out.
Thwpft... Message for you sir, ugh that felt so bad I even winced

Twilight
Traveler

#19 Post by Twilight »

Something which may or may not be worthwhile of note. Saria had looked at Flora, noticed she was pregnant, and reflexively touched her own belly. Suggesting she feels for what was lost. Which kind of makes me think that "in the spirit world" she wasn't with the spirit of her unborn child, otherwise she probably wouldn't have had that reflex action. Which offers a little nugget of existential trivia for the setting of TwoKinds: new souls don't inhabit bodies until the moment of birth.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#20 Post by Warrl »

Twilight wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:13 pmWhich offers a little nugget of existential trivia for the setting of TwoKinds: new souls don't inhabit bodies until the moment of birth.
Until some time after the point at which Saria was killed.

Evariskitsune
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#21 Post by Evariskitsune »

Not gonna lie, just finished binging through the series.

I'm rather hoping that Rose sticks around as an active character, she was looking awfully translucent a couple chapters back. Necromancy aside, she's been one of the more enjoyable components of character interaction for a while. She still has to have family time / mage training with Raine, and I figure if we see another split between the A and B crews, it'd make sense for the B crew to stay in the castle, if they're not continuing into tiger territory with the A crew.

If, of course, the A crew even plan on continuing their way there, what with Trace now seemingly more invested in correcting his past mistakes, as alluded in earlier panels, and Rose being aware of Brahn having a trail following trace, thus if they continued to the village of myth, he'd just be endangering everyone there..

As for this latest-latest chapter, this was something I kinda expected to come up, and I'm wondering exactly what kind of reaction Trace is going to have. I kinda am thinking that Trace is just having the shocked face we see in the left-side panel, and the body-shot with longer hair is just an allusion to past-trace (or inner evil-trace), much as the pictures of Saria in the latter panels, but...

OTOH, building on the earlier point, Trace was already nudging towards correcting his past mistakes, so perhaps this is the Acceptance of the Call moment where Trace decides instead of running from the problems of the world, he's going to take on the evils of the world he's partially responsible for.

Regardless of how it goes, I do look forward to seeing where things go from here.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#22 Post by Foxx Trotter »

S U S P E N S E.

We shall see how things go. That is all. :mrgrin:
Videre videnda.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#23 Post by Hulk10 »

I think that she still loves the Trace that she knew but certainly not the corrupted Trace. At least I hope so. But yeah the corrupted Trace needed to hear that.

However I would liketo see some sort of reconciliation between Saria and Trace in the future or in the afterlife........ But that seems unlikely.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#24 Post by Bellhead »

Hulk10 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:33 amsnip

However I would like to see some sort of reconciliation between Saria and Trace in the future or in the afterlife........ But that seems unlikely.
Oh, absolutely. There's no saving Dark Trace. She might be able to get along with New Trace, but not as she did with the man she loved. That person, sadly, is gone forever.

The only thing I can see happening between Dark Trace and Saria, in this or any resolution, would be her cutting ties with him, almost completely, and him resigning himself to being alone; or giving in to New Trace and relinquishing control.

Though I could see her working to reform him, I see that as highly unlikely, given what we see here.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#25 Post by Hulk10 »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:43 pm

However I would like to see some sort of reconciliation between Saria and Trace in the future or in the afterlife........ But that seems unlikely.
Oh, absolutely. There's no saving Dark Trace. She might be able to get along with New Trace, but not as she did with the man she loved. That person, sadly, is gone forever.

The only thing I can see happening between Dark Trace and Saria, in this or any resolution, would be her cutting ties with him, almost completely, and him resigning himself to being alone; or giving in to New Trace and relinquishing control.

Though I could see her working to reform him, I see that as highly unlikely, given what we see here.
Yeah she knows that her husband is gone and I think that's part of the reason she looks so sad.

Though in the afterlife the original Trace could end up existing again, theoritically. And by original I mean the Trace she loved.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#26 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:43 pm

I think the old Trace wont simply fizzle away into nothingness... long term solutions is both coalescing into one. New Trace accepting his past wrongdoing and trying to fix them. Old Trace accepting the pain and moving foward as one man not two halves broken by grief and some Ex Machina
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide