Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for May 22, 2022: Saria and Trace

#16 Post by Bellhead »

Eclipse wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:40 pm
Elio wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:24 am
Eclipse wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:38 pm
Elio wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:27 am Saria looks some what miffed and not happy with the baby
Are you talking about that last panel? I don't think that's supposed to be anger, I think it's supposed to be sadness/guilt. She's upset that she lied to Trace about not being her wife. And because he ended up in this mess.
Look of her eyes have the half glazed eyes and the straight deadpan face. it gives me sense that she miffed that she lost her baby,but understands that trace moved on but it then look of her eyes that shows differently when she find flora is with child
That's not a deadpan face. I can see how you can mistake it for one because of the way Tom drew it from this angle, but I'm pretty sure her face is supposed to show a look of depression and regret for lying to Trace. It might've been more effective if Tom drew her head tilted down a bit, but other than that I'm pretty sure that's what it's supposed to be
I agree with that, but I don't think it's so much regret for lying to Trace, as it was depression over the loss of the child. When I first read it, I saw that moment as her attempting to retain her composure through the ordeal by not looking away, all the while trying not to draw attention to her own depression.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

multilis
Citizen

#17 Post by multilis »

Trace is not *SUPPOSED* to be able to get a non human pregnant, so it may be shock rather than jealousy. Saria may even be able to guess that Floria got pregnant due to power struggle between the Masks (because miracle which suggests Masks involved). Her death and death of her unborn child may have also been tied to power struggle between the Masks. Rather than jealousy over Flora's unborn child she may have a desire to make sure what happened to her does not happen again to Floria

Eclipse
Templar Master

#18 Post by Eclipse »

multilis wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:45 am Trace is not *SUPPOSED* to be able to get a non human pregnant, so it may be shock rather than jealousy. Saria may even be able to guess that Floria got pregnant due to power struggle between the Masks (because miracle which suggests Masks involved). Her death and death of her unborn child may have also been tied to power struggle between the Masks. Rather than jealousy over Flora's unborn child she may have a desire to make sure what happened to her does not happen again to Floria
That's true, but I don't think that's the reason for her expression in the last panel. The 4th panel is her shock towards seeing Flora pregnant, she was so surprised that she stopped mid-sentence and she has quite a troubled look on her face. She's well past Flora's pregnancy by the last panel and she's talking about her lying to Trace about not being her wife.

dtlux1

#19 Post by dtlux1 »

It's crazy to see that 4th wall reference where it feels like it's been years, but also no time at all. It really has been years since some events in the comic have happened, despite it only being a few months total in the entire comic. It also feels like no time at all since I started to read the comic 8 years ago as well. Time really does fly.
I am new here. I've been reading Twokinds since 2014! :natani: :keith: