Moon Knight

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

GioeleST
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Willow

Moon Knight

#1 Post by GioeleST »

Someone had to post a topic on Moon Knight, because this series is awesome! The more episodes you watch, the more you fall in love with them.
I think Oscar Isaac has already become irreplaceable; I really like how he gets to play two characters in a short time and with different personalities and I love how he manages to change from Steven to Marc in such a natural way. In general all the characters are interpreted and written very well, so as to make this series fabulous.
The costumes are fantastic for both Marc and Steven; they fit the two personalities perfectly, i prefer Mr. Knight's.
CGI is not bad, apart from sometimes, it has managed to give us epic scenes.
I can't wait for Jake to appear, he is so sure that he will appear, especially if we talk about the latest episode, the fourth, which left me speechless and with so many theories in mind.
However, I still haven't figured out if the series is set in the MCU universe.
I am very confident in the continuation of this series. :mrgreen:
👍

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

Re: Moon Knight

#2 Post by The Blue Fox »

GioeleST wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:42 pmI still haven't figured out if the series is set in the MCU universe.
It is. Moon knight is a Marvel superhero from the comics, in which he has interacted with other Marvel superheroes. I'm sure something alluding to exactly how the show fits into the MCU will come up at some point.

I'm waiting till all the epsisodes in this season are released so I can binge watch the whole thing.

GioeleST
New Citizen

#3 Post by GioeleST »

I hope that in the future, as you said, this character will also have contact with the MCU. I hope I haven't spoiled anything important to you, since you haven't seen it yet and then be careful with spoilers, you never know where they might come from.
👍

The Blue Fox
Traveler

#4 Post by The Blue Fox »

Don't worry, I already knew about the whole different personalities thing thanks to a sort of trailer review for Moonknight I saw.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#5 Post by Insomniac »

Fun fact: My fiance has dissociative identity disorder just like Moon Knight, and she says the show is a fantastic depiction of it, if a bit fantastical. She has had multiple times one of her alters has been in control where she told them she'd throw their body off a cliff if they did something particularly bad lol
I also love how Marc is ruthless, but not a bad guy. "That was a hell of a punch. Look around though. Give me the body before one of these people gets hurt." Yeah, he's ruthless, but he cares about innocent people, like Marco from Animorphs. I love ruthless characters done right.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

GioeleST
New Citizen

#6 Post by GioeleST »

If you like ruthless characters, then you will also like the third personality who has not yet appeared, namely Jake Lockley, who I have heard is even more ruthless than Marc; I hope he appears in the last episode and I hope for Steven: I hope he survives somehow, seeing Marc so sad was really sad. However I think it's very interesting and cool at the same time to know a person with multiple personalities, it's like meeting two people at the same time, if it works like that.
👍

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#7 Post by Insomniac »

GioeleST wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:50 pm If you like ruthless characters, then you will also like the third personality who has not yet appeared, namely Jake Lockley, who I have heard is even more ruthless than Marc; I hope he appears in the last episode and I hope for Steven: I hope he survives somehow, seeing Marc so sad was really sad. However I think it's very interesting and cool at the same time to know a person with multiple personalities, it's like meeting two people at the same time, if it works like that.
in my fiance's case, it's more like ten lol. I've even gotten to know a few of her alters, and they're all as crazy for me as she is. And as crazy for me as our dog is lol
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

GioeleST
New Citizen

#8 Post by GioeleST »

Spoiler for those who have not seen the season finale.

I saw the season finale and was a little disappointed with it.
There are a few things that I didn't like, for example how they solved some problems in the series, like: the relationship between Marc and Steven, who in the final fight swap bodies as if they have been doing it for a long time when instead an episode ago they quarreled over who should have it; the traumas that Marc had from his past with Khonshu are no longer mentioned; Layla was not characterized well, as if she had been put in the middle to characterize the series a little more; we don't know much about Taweret's abilities (plus the costume given to him to Layla seemed a bit lacking in detail, apart from the wings that I liked); how did Steven fight like that having proved early in the series that he had no fighting skills (although it was very cool to see him fight like that).
It cannot be said, however, that there weren't some scenes that made us move, such as the fight between Moon Knight and Layla against Harrow (although I really didn't like the way it ended, with Jake getting in the way and finishing the fight in a second without even being able to see the end of the fight)., the one between Khonshu and Ammit and the post-credits scene which is what everyone wanted, that is the official appearance of Jake Lockely showing himself as the exact same way as how he appears the comics.
I hope they will really do a season 2 so as to close all the unsolved question marks.
It must be said that however it is this series has given us so many emotions and that, apart from the ending, I loved it.
What do you think of the ending in your opinion?
👍

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#9 Post by Insomniac »

Oh man...Episode five got so damn real. Like damn...Finding out that
Spoiler!
Marc was the original personality, his brother Randal died when they were kids, and Steven is the alter...And seeing that his mother became abusive after...
That hit me hard. Not gonna lie, I cried. And then TAWERET coming in with her giddy teen energy, I loved that. Though the wings on Layla's costume were confusing, given that Taweret is...Y'know...A hippo lol. And then the ending, HOO BOY that got me HYPED. Marc overall was a perfect depiction of ruthlessness, like Marco from Animorphs. Absolutely not a bad guy, but ready willing and able to do what's necessary. And the pair of them in general were a fantastic depiction of DID. My fiance has it, has a fair few alters, and we all get along fairly well. Though despite getting along with her alters, she's pissed off by people who say getting rid of your alters is like murder, because sometimes it really is necessary to get treatment for the condition and get rid of them.

The Blue Fox
Traveler

#10 Post by The Blue Fox »

Insomniac wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:18 pmThe wings on Layla's costume were confusing, given that Taweret is...Y'know...A hippo lol.
Her costume is modelled after an egyptian scarab rather than anything to do with hippos. I guess Taweret figured modelling an outfit around the theme of a hippo wouldn't work. Hippos aren't particularly agile fighters.

One thing that kinda bothered me is how come Taweret didn't show up to help Konshu fight against Ammit in the giant god fight? Her avatar is helping Konshu's avatar against Ammit's avatar after all. Even if she isn't an agile fighter she coulda done SOMETHING to help. Maybe tank Ammit's attacks or something.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#11 Post by Insomniac »

The Blue Fox wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 8:59 am
Insomniac wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 7:18 pmThe wings on Layla's costume were confusing, given that Taweret is...Y'know...A hippo lol.
Her costume is modelled after an egyptian scarab rather than anything to do with hippos. I guess Taweret figured modelling an outfit around the theme of a hippo wouldn't work. Hippos aren't particularly agile fighters.

One thing that kinda bothered me is how come Taweret didn't show up to help Konshu fight against Ammit in the giant god fight? Her avatar is helping Konshu's avatar against Ammit's avatar after all. Even if she isn't an agile fighter she coulda done SOMETHING to help. Maybe tank Ammit's attacks or something.
I'd imagine best hippo gf was a little busy with all the souls flooding into the Duat lol

Also, I loved how Harrow was ready and willing to die the moment he freed Ammit, for the evil things he'd done and would continue to do if left alive. Also also something just hit me about Moon Knight. Marc Specter is a mentally handicapped JEWISH protagonist, enslaved by an EGYPTIAN god.