What made you smile today? Round 2!

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

microwave
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33916 Post by microwave »

i noticed two days are subtracted from how many days i have left until i can see my dad again

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#33917 Post by Insomniac »

After eight months in a nursing home, four of which I didn't need to be there, the family got me into an assisted living facility. It was then I realized they had no intention of bringing me home. So, a few weeks ago, my fiance talked her mother into driving all the way down to Texas from Indiana to move me in with them. But wait, it gets better! Despite being explicitly told when I moved in there that guests could stay for three nights and eat for two days for free, when they got there they couldn't even get in the DOOR. So we said [censored] IT, shoved my TV, gaming [censored], and clothes into their trunk and left the rest of my [censored] to be the assisted living place's problem, and I got to drive for ten hours of the drive home because mom was TIRED. And tired or not, that she slept while I was driving, when I hadn't driven for a solid year, I take as a huge compliment :D

And we have the best doggo! Pit bulls are cats lol She is the sweetest baby ever, and MAN she loves everyone and everyTHING. On our last walk (after a LOT of jogging), she saw a kitty. That was absolutely terrified of her and wanted nothing to do with her lol. I somehow managed to keep a hold on the leash.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33918 Post by Bellhead »

That sounds like an ordeal, glad it's over with. And yeah, pits get a bad rap, but if raised properly, they're very friendly. Though, they still hog the bed.. :roll: :grin:
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#33919 Post by Insomniac »

Bellhead wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:16 am That sounds like an ordeal, glad it's over with. And yeah, pits get a bad rap, but if raised properly, they're very friendly. Though, they still hog the bed.. :roll: :grin:
Worse than the family abandoning me, living like an infant for four months was horrible. Hope my condition never gets that bad again. This dog though, she's a perfect baby. She was unsure of me at first because of my beard that Beth loves, but after I drove their car for ten hours she fell in love with me. Plus the fact I can jog with her when I take her out probably helps lol
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33920 Post by Bellhead »

Oh, indeed. I have yet to meet a dog that doesn't like to do run-run. That, and being stuck in a car for a day tends to make any creature a little bit more calm. Especially when it's followed by a walk.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#33921 Post by Insomniac »

Oh man, our long car ride ended with me passing the heck out with her against my back lol. The NEXT day was all walkies :D

Edit: I tried on my coveralls from the navy last night. I couldn't zip them up, but I got them fully on, which I couldn't do last month. Soon I'll be able to zip them up and fully, properly wear them again, and I have my dog to thank for that. Soon...I'll be back in shape soon, in terms of weight at least. I have this dog to thank for my pending victory over my body. And I have my fiance to thank for it all, and her mother, for coming down to Texas from Indiana to pull me out of the hell I was in.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#33922 Post by Hulk10 »

Insomniac wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:08 am After eight months in a nursing home, four of which I didn't need to be there, the family got me into an assisted living facility. It was then I realized they had no intention of bringing me home. So, a few weeks ago, my fiance talked her mother into driving all the way down to Texas from Indiana to move me in with them. But wait, it gets better! Despite being explicitly told when I moved in there that guests could stay for three nights and eat for two days for free, when they got there they couldn't even get in the DOOR. So we said [censored] IT, shoved my TV, gaming [censored], and clothes into their trunk and left the rest of my [censored] to be the assisted living place's problem, and I got to drive for ten hours of the drive home because mom was TIRED. And tired or not, that she slept while I was driving, when I hadn't driven for a solid year, I take as a huge compliment :D

And we have the best doggo! Pit bulls are cats lol She is the sweetest baby ever, and MAN she loves everyone and everyTHING. On our last walk (after a LOT of jogging), she saw a kitty. That was absolutely terrified of her and wanted nothing to do with her lol. I somehow managed to keep a hold on the leash.
I love pit-bulls too they are so sweet. I would hate to be abandonded by my family.

For my own news I got to cuddle with some very cute kitties. One a kitten fell asleep on my shoe! Awwwwww!
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33923 Post by Warrl »

Cats can be weird about dogs. How can you be afraid of a Husky that is lying there with a kitten asleep on top of his head and another between his shoulder blades? The mother cat was absolutely terrified.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#33924 Post by Insomniac »

Beth, this dog, and cooking for Beth have made it all worth it.

mullac
Templar Inner Circle

#33925 Post by mullac »

After what must be 8 months I have finally found time to come on here and catch up with the comic and poke though the forums!

A few major life events have happened in that time. I've managed to buy a place with my partner and have spent a good deal of time decorating and such in preparation for the other major event. We are both the to a beautiful baby girl born 2 weeks ago! Who is happy and healthy and an absolute joy.

Sorry a bit of a quick post before bed, I just wanted to share some good news!

I hope you've all be well and staying safe out in the world!
He who wanders....in and out of here every 6 months or so 8)

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33926 Post by Warrl »

Well, "conga rats" is getting a bit old, so here are some ballet mice instead...

kevin
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#33927 Post by kevin »

mullac wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:54 pm After what must be 8 months I have finally found time to come on here and catch up with the comic and poke though the forums!

A few major life events have happened in that time. I've managed to buy a place with my partner and have spent a good deal of time decorating and such in preparation for the other major event. We are both the to a beautiful baby girl born 2 weeks ago! Who is happy and healthy and an absolute joy.

Sorry a bit of a quick post before bed, I just wanted to share some good news!

I hope you've all be well and staying safe out in the world!
Hey man, congrats to the both of you! ^^

That made me smile a bit as well, but originally I came to this topic to say that, after years, I finally found the passion to start writing again. Hopefully I can stick with it and not fall off for several years again :|
My 2K fan fic story ---> The Adoptive Father: Chapter 11 Part 2 now up
Head over and give it a read if you would be so kind, any comment is appreciated.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33928 Post by Bellhead »

Great news! An Adoptive Father remains one of my favorite fanfics, so I'd like to read what you have in store for us.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#33929 Post by Insomniac »

Our GFuel has arrived, I've tried the PewDiePie Lingonberry flavor, it is DELICIOUS, I am SO HAPPY WITH THIS PURCHASE! We also got bubblegum flavor, and it literally tastes like bubblegum. Along with the Doctor Strange blood orange flavor, haven't tried that yet, but it smells like orange candy.

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#33930 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

I have returned for my twice-per-year check in to the forums. No, I still haven't gotten around to rereading the comic like I said I would last time I was here (or maybe the time before?). But you know what I did do? Graduate uni with my MBA and get a job. And to think I joined this board about a year and a half into high school... On second though, I'd rather not. Makes me feel old.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed