Comic for January 21, 2022: Unstoppable Process

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for January 21, 2022: Unstoppable Process

#16 Post by Bellhead »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:50 am That or Trace just ends up manually tearing Maren from the "danger zone" at the last second.
Ooh. I could see that happening. Or, plot twist, Sythe runs in, following Nibbly, sees Maren, and does so himself while Trace tries to help, causing all 3 to suffer some rather serious injuries from it.

Then again, I could also see Rose somehow sacrificing herself to stop the process, possibly during that. I mean, from a character standpoint, she doesn't seem to have many flaws, and doesn't have much room to grow. Her story is pretty much told already, at this point...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#17 Post by Elemental Templar »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:38 pm
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:37 pm
Tornir wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:54 pm
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:32 pm I wouldn't be surprised if Trace goes to the dark side to save Maren
If you mean use dark magic, then that might kill him, or send him back into insanity.
And that might make him then kill Maren (and maybe Rose and Flora too) to ensure Saria returns.
If he does use dark magic again, he may have the presence of mind not to lose control and hopefully the strength not to lose himself.
Also keep in mind, that every time he's lost control so far, his only goal has been protecting Flora. I've mentioned it before, but I believe pretty strongly that Flora is a big enough part of his life now, that he wouldn't hurt her, even if his memory returned. But if they didn't, and he does lose control, Flora's safety isn't really a concern. Anyone else within firing distance, sure, but definitely not her.
There is also the fact that Stoney now has the instinct to protect Flora (And her unborn child); which I think is also a possibility for how this situation may be resolved.

I know it would seem kind of anti-climactic to kill him off in this manner, but he still would be fulfilling his purpose to protect; furthermore, given that this process was initiated by Detritus (whom Stoney incinerated on page 1161) he's probably the only entity in the Mansion that can stop it, or at least be resistant enough to the magical bindings to free her.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#18 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:37 am
IHeartMaeve wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:50 am That or Trace just ends up manually tearing Maren from the "danger zone" at the last second.
Ooh. I could see that happening. Or, plot twist, Sythe runs in, following Nibbly, sees Maren, and does so himself while Trace tries to help, causing all 3 to suffer some rather serious injuries from it.

Then again, I could also see Rose somehow sacrificing herself to stop the process, possibly during that. I mean, from a character standpoint, she doesn't seem to have many flaws, and doesn't have much room to grow. Her story is pretty much told already, at this point...
Whatever happens i kinda hope Rose gets to rest after this. All she had gone through she kinda deserves it. Besides there are very little ways she could "tag along" so to speak after the current chapter ends
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#19 Post by Tornir »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:37 am Then again, I could also see Rose somehow sacrificing herself to stop the process, possibly during that. I mean, from a character standpoint, she doesn't seem to have many flaws, and doesn't have much room to grow. Her story is pretty much told already, at this point...
Rose may take Maren's place/redirect the spell and either becomes, or bonds with Saria. She then shuts herself down, or asks Trace to do it.

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#20 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:38 pm
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:37 pm
Tornir wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:54 pm
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:32 pm I wouldn't be surprised if Trace goes to the dark side to save Maren
If you mean use dark magic, then that might kill him, or send him back into insanity.
And that might make him then kill Maren (and maybe Rose and Flora too) to ensure Saria returns.
If he does use dark magic again, he may have the presence of mind not to lose control and hopefully the strength not to lose himself.
Also keep in mind, that every time he's lost control so far, his only goal has been protecting Flora. I've mentioned it before, but I believe pretty strongly that Flora is a big enough part of his life now, that he wouldn't hurt her, even if his memory returned. But if they didn't, and he does lose control, Flora's safety isn't really a concern. Anyone else within firing distance, sure, but definitely not her.
I agree, Flora has done a lot of good with Trace, he has changed for the better. Now those who have did what they did to Trace, what they did was it to stop what he did and had set into motion or was it to see if he could change for the better?
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...