Book 5 preorders now open

Discussion of Twokinds print media and other merchandise

Moderator: Moderators

Qwe304
Citizen

Book 5 preorders now open

#1 Post by Qwe304 »

https://keenspotshop.com/collections/tw ... inds-vol-5

Preorders are also now available for reprints of books 1, 2, and the art book.
Reality is a cool place but I wouldn't want to live there -anonymous

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Book 5 preorders now open

#2 Post by Bellhead »

Ordered mine. Can't wait!
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Turaiel
Administrator
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Turaiel »

Same. I may have also ordered new copies of the first two volumes just for the updated cover art. :)
Website Administrator

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#4 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Man in times like this i wish i had space for this things.

Even the poster, do not have anywhere adequate to display it :/
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Joachim de Toul
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kathrin

#5 Post by Joachim de Toul »

Hello, I am new here. :D

I would like to do the same as you guys, but I am really worried about keenspot shipping since I heard (I mean read) a lot of bad things about it. I live in France and it costs almost 50$ just for shipping, and I can't take the risk of not receiving anything... or waiting 3 months after the book release for that price.
Could someone please give me some advice about that?

Thank you very much. :heart:
:kathrin: is love ; :kathrin: is life !

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Joachim de Toul wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:24 pm Hello, I am new here. :D

I would like to do the same as you guys, but I am really worried about keenspot shipping since I heard (I mean read) a lot of bad things about it. I live in France and it costs almost 50$ just for shipping, and I can't take the risk of not receiving anything... or waiting 3 months after the book release for that price.

Unfortunately there is not advice i can offer. International shipping for the books has always been ridiculously high and despite having a significant following in Europe for the comic this has remained the same. Even I who live relatively close to the US still have to pay around 40$ in shipping alone.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#7 Post by Tornir »

I spoke to someone a while back who thought the cost was due to the handling requirements.
Apparently, domestic shipping can be packed, franked, bagged, and picked up in bulk from their site by a van and put straight into the postal system.
International shipping requires a CN22 on every package, and they have to be taken to a post office and processed individually.

Dunno if it's true, but I could send 2.75kg/6lb of books from Europe to US for $50.

Joachim de Toul
Traveler

#8 Post by Joachim de Toul »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:48 pm
Joachim de Toul wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:24 pm Hello, I am new here. :D

Unfortunately there is not advice i can offer. International shipping for the books has always been ridiculously high and despite having a significant following in Europe for the comic this has remained the same. Even I who live relatively close to the US still have to pay around 40$ in shipping alone.
Oh, I see, thank you. But does someone know if everyone who purchased Twokinds on keenspot have always got their books? Because I heard some had a lot of issues with shipping.
Sorry for bothering you about that but I am really worried in nature, and mother tells me not to purchase anything if it's not safe, especially for this amount of gold. I mean money :wink: . And Mom is always right, as the saying goes...

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by aitaituo »

Tornir wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:25 am I spoke to someone a while back who thought the cost was due to the handling requirements.
Apparently, domestic shipping can be packed, franked, bagged, and picked up in bulk from their site by a van and put straight into the postal system.
International shipping requires a CN22 on every package, and they have to be taken to a post office and processed individually.

Dunno if it's true, but I could send 2.75kg/6lb of books from Europe to US for $50.
Meanwhile, it costs less to ship from China to the US than it does for flat rate domestic shipping (~$14). Mexico and Europe need to negotiate better shipping deals.

Joachim de Toul
Traveler

#10 Post by Joachim de Toul »

aitaituo wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:53 am Meanwhile, it costs less to ship from China to the US than it does for flat rate domestic shipping (~$14). Mexico and Europe need to negotiate better shipping deals.
Yes, I agree, this is ridiculous. :|

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#11 Post by Tornir »

aitaituo wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:53 am Meanwhile, it costs less to ship from China to the US than it does for flat rate domestic shipping (~$14). Mexico and Europe need to negotiate better shipping deals.
I've heard it contended that Chinese exporters can ship at no cost, courtesy of their Govt. That's how they can afford to sell nockoff iphone chargers for $0.99 with free international shipping. You couldn't even send a postcard to China for that.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Another issue is that unlike cheap knock off chargers Tom books are likely printed and stored somewhere in the us so it is naturally more expensive to ship them anywhere else.

But now i wonder how much money would it take to ship to say china?

Also i ordered far bulkier stuff from the US with less than 10 usd shipping and fees. I think the distributor is the one who can't get good deals for international shipping.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Joachim de Toul
Traveler

#13 Post by Joachim de Toul »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:30 am I think the distributor is the one who can't get good deals for international shipping.
Yes, it is probably the origin of the problem, or at least one of them. My father odered some car parts from the US and the shipping cost was under 30$.
Ah well, we have to deal with it, I guess, since there's nothing we can do about that. Quite sad. :(

Null42x86
Traveler

#14 Post by Null42x86 »

I wonder how much you will need to invest to buy all the twokinds merch

The official ones of course

Joachim de Toul
Traveler

#15 Post by Joachim de Toul »

Null42x86 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:25 am I wonder how much you will need to invest to buy all the twokinds merch

The official ones of course
For all the books, I will need more than 300$, shipping included. Ouch. This without the importation tax, which is 6% of the price, if I buy everything at once.
But I could not have that much money until Decembre 15th, anyways. Maybe I'll be able to afford the fifth book and the Artbook, that's all. It would cost me 120$.

Wait, there are unofficials ?