Filler for October 22, 2021: Twokinds 18th Anniversary

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Filler for October 22, 2021: Twokinds 18th Anniversary

#1 Post by Bellhead »

First thing's first. CONGRADULATIONS TOM!!
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

amenon
Grand Templar

Re: Filler for October 22, 2021: Twokinds 18th Anniversary

#2 Post by amenon »

Happy Twokinds day!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by Bellhead »

Now that I get a good look at it... Natani's vest is missing its trademark pattern, Keith is still rather happy, Eric is missing, Kat and Zen aren't next to each other, and there's a weird lizard demon in Raine's hair. Is that supposed to represent Stoney, or are we going to see something come up in the next few dozen pages?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Dadrobit »

Happy anniversary all y'all!

Bellhead wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:55 pm there's a weird lizard demon in Raine's hair. Is that supposed to represent Stoney, or are we going to see something come up in the next few dozen pages?
Kinda sorta almost looks like a mini Nora up to no good! :mrgrin:

Nutster
Traveler

#5 Post by Nutster »

18 Years. Wow! Way to go. Going all that time without a major hiatus either. Most of the other long running web-comics I follow have had a major hiatus from time to time to let the author catch u/ relax/get paying work done, etc.

Hasn't Flora :flora: been around since the beginning? 18 years is a really long time for a tiger to live, but she still looks quite chipper here and decidedly non-pregnant. Mind you, in-story, it has been less than a year.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#6 Post by Technic[Bot] »

They say you can tell you are getting old when your career becomes a teenager. And now Toms career can drink legally
Dadrobit wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:07 pm Happy anniversary all y'all!

Bellhead wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:55 pm there's a weird lizard demon in Raine's hair. Is that supposed to represent Stoney, or are we going to see something come up in the next few dozen pages?
I think her colors are off for Nora also she has something in it's mouth. Or a necklace?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

harlequingnoll

#7 Post by harlequingnoll »

18 years! pushing runtime close to my favorite finished scifi comic, Schlock Mercenary.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#8 Post by Tornir »

So. big celebrations all over Mekkan today. (I wonder if the statue in Shepherd Square gets a traffic cone on it's head?)
Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:33 pm ////
Dadrobit wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:07 pm ////
I think her colors are off for Nora also she has something in it's mouth. Or a necklace?
Well Mini-Noras have appeared in past filler pages, so there's precedent for it being her. The light source on Raine is high/behind/left, so that would put Nora(?) in shadow. I think that thing on her mouth is her tongue. *blep*
If we can infer anything from character placement. maybe this contention does have some validity?

It looks like Nat is getting in a sneaky ear-scritch while striking an action pose. Is it just my imagination, or is Keith looking a bit dreamy-eye'd there?

Also looks like Red still has a bit of a problem with Maren :heart: Sythe.

I nominate Maeve for cutest character there. :maeve:

No Maddie? Oh, wait... :roll:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#9 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Does the newest Book preorder pager qualifies for another thread or is it ok to group it with the 18th aniversary filler page right here?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master

#10 Post by Tornir »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:02 pm Does the newest Book preorder page qualifies for another thread or is it ok to group it with the 18th aniversary filler page right here?
It's already got it's own thread in the Twokinds Print and Merchandise subforum.

Joachim de Toul
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kathrin

#11 Post by Joachim de Toul »

Woohoo, as would say Karen. :karen: :) Already 18 years of Twokinds ! This is awesome. Too bad I didn't know it before the past four years.
Love mini Nora with her blep, that's cute. Maybe we'll see her again in the comic soon? :nora: She knows for sure.

I'm surprised Maddie is so much hidden behind :kathrin: and :flora: . She is usually less shy looking at us, right?

I agree with Tornir, Maeve is the cutest here ! :maeve: Give her high five. Or hugs. Or whatever she wants, in fact. :maeve: Oh well.

Where is Natani's outfit pattern though? And is it just me or Kat's chin is a bit weird too? Kinda strange. Ah, I do always care too much about details.

I really love this picture anyways, opening to another great year of Twokinds! Wonderful! :heart:
:kathrin: is love ; :kathrin: is life !

Tornir
Master

#12 Post by Tornir »

Joachim de Toul wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:08 pm ////
Love mini Nora with her blep, that's cute. Maybe we'll see her again in the comic soon? :nora: She knows for sure.
I can't find it now, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Nora was given a really long nap to take her out of the plot so the characters weren't travelling with a friendly "Dergus ex machina" that could just smooth out any problems or opposition they may encounter. She may well be back, just not any time soon.
Joachim de Toul wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:08 pm I'm surprised Maddie is so much hidden behind :kathrin: and :flora: . She is usually less shy looking at us, right?
////
She's not so much shy, as habitually sneaky. Being a spy, she'll default to covert observation unless she needs to directly interact with someone. Just look how she behaved in the Oasis room.

Joachim de Toul
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kathrin

#13 Post by Joachim de Toul »

Tornir wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:32 am I can't find it now, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Nora was given a really long nap to take her out of the plot so the characters weren't travelling with a friendly "Dergus ex machina" that could just smooth out any problems or opposition they may encounter. She may well be back, just not any time soon.
Yes, it was in Chapter 12. The explosion of the tower drained almost all her energy while she was looking for Trace. She used the rest to take him and Laura out of the castle and treat him, so after that she was in need of a long nap (never precised how long it would last though). She did not even have enough energy to save Laura. :laura: (;_;)
I don't think she'll return while the team is in trouble. The famous "I came back just in time to solve all the problems you had" is not interesting. Nora ex Machina :nora: :wink:

I would say Maddie is just like "WTF, no cake this year?! Shame on you ! Welp, I'll look to Maeve instead. For...information gathering purposes. Yeah, right." :Maddie:
Dunno why, I thought it was fun.
:kathrin: is love ; :kathrin: is life !

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by Bellhead »

From a plot standpoint, yes. Nora was WAY too O.P. for the normal cast. Her introduction and travelling portions were well-paced, but she needed to leave for the cast to really move forward with character development. I mean, let's face it; she never would have left Trace's side if she didn't enter a coma of some kind.