Last Man Posting

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Last Man Posting

#14716 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Kellard wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:05 pm Myea. I'm no film buff, and don't like South Park because I it's nothing but unapologetic vulgarity to me.
Bellhead wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:21 pm Can't blame you for not liking South Park. I just know a few of the memes. I've only seen like 3 episodes of it, and yeah, there's not much to it besides vulgarity and crude humor.

But Blazing Saddles is a classic and should definitely be watched at least once, just like Spaceballs.
I see you are both men of culture as well.

Never really understood the appeal of South Park besides for edgy teens who feel cursing makes them 2 cool 4 skool or something like that.
Neutral Smith wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:44 pm It's amazing that people who grew up with Southpark can get feel offended.
My theory is that at least half of the people who grew up on south park did not really like it. And just watched it out of peer pressure.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hayate
The Hidden User

#14717 Post by Hayate »

Oops, try again
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#14718 Post by Bellhead »

As in, "Oops I did it again"?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#14719 Post by Technic[Bot] »

You know the thread is going places when mods start paraphrasing Mrs Spears
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Hayate
The Hidden User

#14720 Post by Hayate »

Sometimes, when I see someone is posting a reply, I like to quickly post something so that when they try to post their message the have to review the new posts on the thread before posting. It entertains me to inconvenience people trying to win here. Although this time it seems they either decided not to post, or didn't notice they had to review the new post and their post was lost xD. If so I'm kinda sorry :squirrel:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#14721 Post by Neutral Smith »

I'm too busy to win. But that doesn't stop me from trying.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14722 Post by Bellhead »

WZLX wrote:We know we play way too many good classic rock songs for you ever remember them all. But don't let that stop you from trying!
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#14723 Post by Technic[Bot] »

The unintentional Spears reference becomes much more apt after that explanation.

Remember to never stop trying!
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14724 Post by Bellhead »

95 and humid today. Came home after a 13 hour shift with 2 gallons of milk to find that my father hadn't closed the fridge door all the way before he left. So now the fridge is full of water and warm beverages. Oh happy mother loving day. And to top it off, the condenser got so hot trying to cool off the open fridge that it overheated and shut off. So now we have a fan pointed behind the fridge in hopes that it will be cold by morning, since it won't get below 75 even at night. However, to his defense, the left door has that pivot-y thing that covers the gap between the doors, and the "door alarm" feature that beeps when it's open too long doesn't work anymore. But still.

Here in New England, we have three types of temperature. Cold, hot, and cold-then-hot-then-cold. Never just plain warm. Ever. I miss the cold...

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#14725 Post by Technic[Bot] »

95? That in non freedom units is around 35 °C which is sort of the local climate where I live. Also relatively humid.

I am not a fan of heat but I do not really know what true cold is like: Subzero plus a blizzard for example. Worst part is that if you forget any food out the fridge it will be spoiled next day and on top of that the bugs. Mosquitoes have been calm this year's. Mostly due a lack of rain but God they are annoying and even dangerous.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14726 Post by Bellhead »

95 and humid here is brutal. We actually had a few days off back in school because of the heat. I could easily handle 105+ if it was dry, but with the humidity... Even just walking across a parking lot would leave me out of breath on an 85 degree day.

I've heard it gets pretty bad further south, but where the humidity is always high, life moves slower to compensate for it. Everything relaxes because (I'd wager, anyway) people just can't exert themselves in such weather. Here in New England, we have no such luck. We don't slow down for the heat, whether we have AC or not, humid or not. I've had to wring out my clothes after working outside, and it's still expected that the schedule be kept even with the heat. Even high winds don't help, because your sweat won't evaporate. You just cook faster.

Cold is one thing. I can handle that. More layers for more warm, goggles or glasses for snow. Move more to get more warm. Work harder, and the environment gets more friendly. Heat just sucks in every possible way besides cooking.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#14727 Post by Kellard »

Heat is pain.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14728 Post by Bellhead »

*waggles finger*

See this guy? Right here? This guy gets it.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#14729 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I am not saying I like heat. Far from it, specially where I live heat and rain mend malaria.
That being said I have never felt true cold. Like get stuck outside and die cold. And my cold resistance i very limited I can't operate und -5 °C
Climate here varies from tropical: your are always stewing yourself on your own juicies always over 30. And desértic: you die of dehydration and heatwave can reach 50 °C in a bad day.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14730 Post by Bellhead »

In other, less weather-y news, I have finished my detective work for the wiring of my trailer light hookups. Still don't have the harness, or the connectors, or anything actually done, but I know what to tap into to not fry anything and still have it work.

I got lucky. Everything rearward of the turn signal stalk, and I mean EVERYTHING, goes through one single harness, there's a grand total of 4 wires in it, and that harness runs right up to the firewall where I could trace the wires easily. And each switch is a loaded switch, so there's no relays anywhere either, so even LESS wires.

My plan is to set up a three-relay box, and use the loaded sides of the tail and turn light circuits to power the relay coil, which will let me use the original fuse panel instead of some modern crap.

Progress!