The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Comic for April 14, 2021: No Hard Feelings

#1 Post by Zaigan »

Sketch: http://twokindscomic.com/images/20210414_sketch.png

I hope I haven't overstepped by doing this... but hey, Brutus is getting avenged and more sign of just how far back he went with Clovis. I just wanted to talk about it.

It looks like they bonded as kids, maybe Clovis had a rough time even with a family he later betrayed?

I like the Clovis/Brutus story, and for all of Brutus's... passionate fans, it looks like Reni might be in time to save him. Go Reni! :reni: :heart:

Even if it's so toxic, I still ship it.

Sky Shatter
Citizen

Re: Comic for April 14, 2021: No Hard Feelings

#2 Post by Sky Shatter »

Zaigan wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:58 am I hope I haven't overstepped by doing this...
I was in the process of trying to myself, but this website insists on a weird password length that necessitates a modification I can never remember to my normal forum one.

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Zaigan »

Man, yeah, I can understand that. I was surprised to see it wasn't up yet, but I guess this is sort of an odd day for an update, and it was only an hour. I tried to edit for formatting.

So, yeah, confirmed poison spell and hopefully timely rescue. It does seem like it was right after, so the poison might still be reversible. I'm not sure what that would mean for Brutus and Clovis. Would he forgive him after that? He probably shouldn't and Clovis should be punished, but we are also being seeded with his regret. Maybe he'll get one last shot he doesn't fully deserve.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#4 Post by tony1695 »

This little revelation that Clovis and Brutus were around each other long before Clovis' ascension to criminal kingpin really does change just how significant the murder is. Killing a completely loyal underling is one thing, but a childhood friend? In a way, it's reassuring to see that he's desperately trying to convince himself that it was the right thing, because it shows that he knows it wasn't. That none of this twisted logic is working in this situation.

And I guess now we get to see just what else Clovis' new bit of jewellery can do. We know it can stop the manor's defences from frying him, but what about dragonfire?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

SangheiliSpecOp
Traveler

#5 Post by SangheiliSpecOp »

It didn't have to be this way, Clovis

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#6 Post by Neutral Smith »

Reni sensing the emotions and the poison should be enough...
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#7 Post by Bellhead »

Don't worry about overstepping your bounds by posting the new comic thread. It's been first-come-first-serve as long as I can remember.

Clovis 'bout ta get it. Reni might recognize him from Brutus' memories, but I doubt she'd be so friendly as to simply arrest him. And given what happened around the manor recently, I'd bet she's more of the "knock him out, fix the damage and sort it out later" mentality.

Also. Minor squee from child Clovis and Brutus. Much cute.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Rafe
Council Member

#8 Post by Rafe »

I'm sure Clovis has a way out of this in his plans. He may lose his chance to get Zen this time, but he hasn't ben amassing all that magical power for nothing. The only question is, will Remus (or was it Romulus?) be captured alive, escape, or maybe even get his hands on Zen? And, of course, what will Mrs. Nibbly and Sythe find?

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#9 Post by Cosmacelf »

Rafe wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:31 am I'm sure Clovis has a way out of this in his plans. He may lose his chance to get Zen this time, but he hasn't ben amassing all that magical power for nothing. The only question is, will Remus (or was it Romulus?) be captured alive, escape, or maybe even get his hands on Zen? And, of course, what will Mrs. Nibbly and Sythe find?
Tune back in January 2022 to find out! :D

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#10 Post by AmigaDragon »

We've already seen Clovis has protection from dragonfire and teleport. With Reni in the doorway, a teleport is his only escape option, with the protection giving him time to use it. Do the estate protections prevent teleporting out of the property or only in? Reni's flaming entrance seems to tell me that she was close enough to 'hear' Clovis' monologue. That coupled with a teleport (rather than run) escape would be incentive to try to save her prisoner for further interrogation rather than immediately hunting down his killer.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

#11 Post by FuryoftheStars »

Panels 4 & 5 have still got the flashback border coloration, but they look more in context with the current events/monologue?

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#12 Post by stlsf4003 »

Well we called it!
The cavalry has indeed arrived. But the question now is if she's too late to do anything about it? Besides giving Clovis the KFC treatment of course! ;)

And that little flash back just makes what Clovis did hit even harder! (;_;)
the lurking furry railroader

Eclipse
Templar Master

#13 Post by Eclipse »

Look like Reni came just in time to save Brutus' [censored]. Maybe he'll make it out of this mess alive after all.

And yeah, that flashback just makes Clovis look even more like a scumbag. Enough Tom, we already get that Clovis is a scumbag that tried to off his friend to keep him from hurting his business. Revealing that Clovis is a scumbag that tried to off his childhood friend to keep him from hurting his business is just unnecessary overkill.

Honestly I'm starting to get a little sick of the last few scenes focusing on Clovis' men when there's a lot more going on in the chapter, we've had what, 3 straight scenes of that? Not that I entirely hate Clovis and his men, but it's getting tiring seeing just them lately. What's happening back in the Oasis Room? Or better yet, how are things going with Trace and Stoney trying to stop Detritus or Zen's recovery? Those are some characters we haven't seen in a while. Is Tom having writer's block or something?

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#14 Post by AmigaDragon »

Eclipse wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:24 pm And yeah, that flashback just makes Clovis look even more like a scumbag. Enough Tom, we already get that Clovis is a scumbag that tried to off his friend to keep him from hurting his business. Revealing that Clovis is a scumbag that tried to off his childhood friend to keep him from hurting his business is just unnecessary overkill.
"Friend" might be too strong a word, the way Clovis treated him down here. Sure he made it painless but his intent was still death.
If Reni can revive him, how devastated will Brutus be over Clovis' betrayal? Will he try to make excuses for him or switch sides?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Spiffydragon
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Remus, Evals

#15 Post by Spiffydragon »

AmigaDragon wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:10 pm
Eclipse wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:24 pm And yeah, that flashback just makes Clovis look even more like a scumbag. Enough Tom, we already get that Clovis is a scumbag that tried to off his friend to keep him from hurting his business. Revealing that Clovis is a scumbag that tried to off his childhood friend to keep him from hurting his business is just unnecessary overkill.
"Friend" might be too strong a word, the way Clovis treated him down here. Sure he made it painless but his intent was still death.
If Reni can revive him, how devastated will Brutus be over Clovis' betrayal? Will he try to make excuses for him or switch sides?
Brutus will probably either think it was some kind of loyalty test or just want his friend back / forget about what just happened.