Citizen

Comic for February 20, 2021: Nibs Goes Nuts

#1 Post by Thebestofrobin »

I feel his pain!

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

Re: Comic for February 20, 2021: Nibs Goes Nuts

#2 Post by Cosmacelf »

So, are we going to find out that Nibs doesn't look like a squirrel next comic, and Tom is just teasing us with this extended sequence, or is Nibs just that powerful?

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by aitaituo »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:49 pm So, are we going to find out that Nibs doesn't look like a squirrel next comic, and Tom is just teasing us with this extended sequence, or is Nibs just that powerful?
I think she just used VATS to get a critical hit, if you know what I mean.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#4 Post by Cosmacelf »

aitaituo wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:52 pm
Cosmacelf wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:49 pm So, are we going to find out that Nibs doesn't look like a squirrel next comic, and Tom is just teasing us with this extended sequence, or is Nibs just that powerful?
I think she just used VATS to get a critical hit, if you know what I mean.
Oh! I missed that part. Well then, carry on.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#5 Post by Bellhead »

:oops: Well then.

Very nice reaction by Remus, there. Even the highest of pain tolerances do not protect from THAT. Hope you didn't want pups, buddy...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#6 Post by Eclipse »

Nah, this isn't all that unusual for a squirrel. After all, squirrels love nuts.

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#7 Post by Shockwave07 »

I used to be a bodyguard like you until a squirrel nibbled my nuts.

Spazoid
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#8 Post by Spazoid »

My own testes just retracted in horror.
"Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse!"

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#9 Post by Bellhead »

I'm reading this again, and I find myself wondering if "whimper" should be in the word-art style, like *CHOMP*, but smaller and in a different font.

I find it more likely he made a whimper, rather than getting bit and saying "whimper.." very softly. Eh.. Artist's choice, I suppose.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#10 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I think no one expected this.

Alas I cannot disagree with Nibs strategy. What was the phrase? Surgical precision?

On the other hand that area is well vascularized and innervated. If Remus (or Romulus) does not back off after that Nibs could bite the femoral artery and he would bleed to death.

Also that title...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Spazoid
New Citizen

#11 Post by Spazoid »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:56 pm I think no one expected this.

Alas I cannot disagree with Nibs strategy. What was the phrase? Surgical precision?

On the other hand that area is well vascularized and innervated. If Remus (or Romulus) does not back off after that Nibs could bite the femoral artery and he would bleed to death.

Also that title...
Going for the nads is a time-honored attack. In one of the issues of "ElfQuest -- Final Quest", the elf Krim nailed the human baddie in the crotch....took a long time for him to die, however, but he was unable to sire more kids.

And, of course, there was the warrior who got hit there in the Battle of Stamford Bridge in 1066.
"Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse!"

Naldru

#12 Post by Naldru »

I had been thinking of the possibility of Nibs being a disguised Nora. After all, when Nora shape shifts, she prefers four footed forms. When I saw the title, I was thinking "Nibs Nabs Nuts". However, I'm afraid I don't understand the reference to VATS. ( https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... ic-surgery ) The body parts being affected are accessible without having to enter the thoracic cavity. Unless you are considering Nibs burrowing into the thoracic cavity and removing the heart and lungs.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#13 Post by Hayate »

Oh dear...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Foolishfate
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#14 Post by Foolishfate »

Naldru wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:54 amHowever, I'm afraid I don't understand the reference to VATS. ( https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... ic-surgery ) The body parts being affected are accessible without having to enter the thoracic cavity. Unless you are considering Nibs burrowing into the thoracic cavity and removing the heart and lungs.
Same letters, different meaning: https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Vault-T ... ing_System
In brief, a targeting system from the Fallout game series where you can target specific body parts to cripple enemies in different ways.

As much as everyone wants to see a 'big reveal' on Nibs' true identity - whatever it ends up being - this was an amazing way to retaliate while still remaining plausibly a squirrel to all observers.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#15 Post by tony1695 »

Sure, it's comedic, but any kind of trauma there, especially of a biting nature, can be very... damaging. If she's latched on, then trying to remove her could result in... tearing. Almost certainly (depending on the damage) followed by death by blood loss because, well, hostile environment, no easy access to first aid, all that.

I wonder, are the twins here linked in a way similar to Nat and Zen?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD