Comic for February 12, 2021: Defending her Wolf

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tyger42
Apprentice

Re: Comic for February 12, 2021: Defending her Wolf

#16 Post by Tyger42 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:58 am Besides they are only sell swords i do not think they deserve ... Well whatever nibss is gonna do to them..
The excessive level of bloodlust to go actively hunt down a wounded opponent that isn't even a target of the job they're hired for? No, they deserve it. You can be a sellsword without being a bloodthirsty jerk.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#17 Post by Warrl »

Tyger42 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:29 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:58 am Besides they are only sell swords i do not think they deserve ... Well whatever nibss is gonna do to them..
The excessive level of bloodlust to go actively hunt down a wounded opponent that isn't even a target of the job they're hired for? No, they deserve it. You can be a sellsword without being a bloodthirsty jerk.
I dunno... the fact that they came in with someone who wounded Sythe would fix them in HIS mind as foes, and it's poor tactics to leave a wounded but still somewhat functional foe behind you (unless you have an ally following close behind on cleanup duty - which can range from "finish them off" to "secure them and treat their wounds").

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#18 Post by Chicken Man »

Their objective might be "kill them all" or "leave no survivors but capture Trace." In which case these sellswords are doing what they're paid to do.
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

#19 Post by FuryoftheStars »

Chicken Man wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:42 pm
Their objective might be "kill them all" or "leave no survivors but capture Trace." In which case these sellswords are doing what they're paid to do.
Based on their conversation when first entering, I don’t get the impression that they’re sellswords. Also, they were given explicit instructions to leave Sythe.
https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1122/
https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1123/

Rasol
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#20 Post by Rasol »

FuryoftheStars wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:31 pm
Based on their conversation when first entering, I don’t get the impression that they’re sellswords. Also, they were given explicit instructions to leave Sythe.
Instructions one of them is CLEARLY ignoring. If this little bout of bloodlust costs them their mission, that wolf had better hope to be dead before Clovis finds out.

Rafe
Council Member

#21 Post by Rafe »

Bellhead wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:37 pm *cue reference to recent Monty Python sketch*

I wonder if we'll see Nibs' true power here. Good to see Sythe is still conscious, at any rate.
trantor wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:31 am Referring to the really nice Monty Python sketch :shock: The monster is not behind the squirrel....IT IS THE SQUIRREL! And another poor guy bitten his head of :twisted:

Dfgming
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#22 Post by Dfgming »

At first I said "Did Mrs nibs get bigger?' Then I realized it is zoomed in for effect and when he zooms out she is the same size. I hope sythe doesnt get killed. I like him. this wolf is sure out to kill him for some reason.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#23 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:09 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:48 amBy the way back when they got to the Oasis room didn't we got a look at Nibs reflection on the waterfall? I remember it was very distorted due to the moving water but that was not a squirrel on the reflection
Thank the Amenon Search Engine, but I think you mean This one, where Nibs is riding on Sythe's back, hidden under a towel. Good memory. With that, it looks like her true form is tethered or held by some kind of magic, given that her tail's reflection seems to smoke-trail off behind her.

My theory has been upgraded to "Nibs is related to the dragons in some way, and has run away from home for some reason." It would explain her need to imprint upon larger creatures (to survive without the use of any powers) and it would explain why she was afraid of Reni, one with the power to recognize her, even when Raine couldn't.
On a second look the reflection is clearly off but it can be simply effect of the waterfall distortion. In any case Nibbly has never been a normal squirrel, by that I mean that despite having the general shape of a squirrel her shape is off, If i were to see something like that around, well i would not call it a squirrel, not my first option.
FuryoftheStars wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:31 pm
No i did not tried to imply they are only mercenaries, they are clearly full time employed good in Clovis's payroll. What I tried to say they are attacking the manor only because Clovis said so, and pays them. They have no personal interest in the matter. As pointed out it is not a good tactical decision to let an enemy go specially if you are not sure if he is incapacitated or not.
And no I do not want to imply they are good in any way, and they probably deserve to be locked up at the very least, but killed by some eldritch abomination/squirrel probably not.
Rasol wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:28 pm -snip-
Instructions one of them is CLEARLY ignoring. If this little bout of bloodlust costs them their mission, that wolf had better hope to be dead before Clovis finds out.
And considering he is not in a good mood at the moment I doubt he would be willing to let any disobedience, perceived or otherwise, unpunished.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Eclipse
Templar Master

#24 Post by Eclipse »

Yeah, if Mrs. Nibbly or someone else doesn't kill that twin, Clovis sure will. He's in a pretty murdery mood right now, so he has a very low tolerance for failure and disobedience. If Clovis finds out he disobeyed a direct order and got his [censored] handed to him by a squirrel, he'll end up a pile of ash and bones like Roan.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#25 Post by Bellhead »

Eclipse wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:59 pm Yeah, if Mrs. Nibbly or someone else doesn't kill that twin, Clovis sure will. He's in a pretty murdery mood right now, so he has a very low tolerance for failure and disobedience. If Clovis finds out he disobeyed a direct order and got his [censored] handed to him by a squirrel, he'll end up a pile of ash and bones like Roan.
I agree with the "low tolerance for failure and disobedience", but I disagree with "murderous mood", given that he just killed the best friend he ever had, while he smiled back warmly. I mean, he'd be touchy, sure, and would probably kill anyone who didn't do what he told them to, but his psyche is too broken to feel much joy in anything at the moment. He'd kill out of rage, rather than punishment, and would probably be less observant of his subordinates for at least a short time.

Provided the mission is completed without further "incident", which I highly doubt, Clovis would likely not even notice that his underlings went at all out of their way. He'd probably only blame them if the mission failed because of it.

Then again, it's late and I'm tired and just coming up with random thoughts... :roll:
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

detrius
Citizen

#26 Post by detrius »

Hayate wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:01 am I am really excited to see if we finally get more insight on Nibbly’s true nature! There have been so many theories :squirrel:
Or maybe... she's a squirrel.

Jae
Apprentice

#27 Post by Jae »

Isn't Nibs the missing dragon princess from the bulletin board? I thought this theory was accepted on the forums a while ago, but this thread seems like we're unsure. Did I miss a beat? I only rarely lurk on the forums, so it's likely.
—Jae Lynn

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#28 Post by aitaituo »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:50 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:59 pm Yeah, if Mrs. Nibbly or someone else doesn't kill that twin, Clovis sure will. He's in a pretty murdery mood right now, so he has a very low tolerance for failure and disobedience. If Clovis finds out he disobeyed a direct order and got his [censored] handed to him by a squirrel, he'll end up a pile of ash and bones like Roan.
I agree with the "low tolerance for failure and disobedience", but I disagree with "murderous mood", given that he just killed the best friend he ever had, while he smiled back warmly. I mean, he'd be touchy, sure, and would probably kill anyone who didn't do what he told them to, but his psyche is too broken to feel much joy in anything at the moment. He'd kill out of rage, rather than punishment, and would probably be less observant of his subordinates for at least a short time.

Provided the mission is completed without further "incident", which I highly doubt, Clovis would likely not even notice that his underlings went at all out of their way. He'd probably only blame them if the mission failed because of it.

Then again, it's late and I'm tired and just coming up with random thoughts... :roll:
Why did he kill Roan, again? I know he gave an explicit reason, I just think it was flimsy. For the Clovis haters, remember, "Violent men die violent deaths."

FuryoftheStars
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: ---

#29 Post by FuryoftheStars »

Jae wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:03 am Isn't Nibs the missing dragon princess from the bulletin board? I thought this theory was accepted on the forums a while ago, but this thread seems like we're unsure. Did I miss a beat? I only rarely lurk on the forums, so it's likely.
All I know on that is this: https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/898/

Eclipse
Templar Master

#30 Post by Eclipse »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:50 pm I agree with the "low tolerance for failure and disobedience", but I disagree with "murderous mood", given that he just killed the best friend he ever had, while he smiled back warmly. I mean, he'd be touchy, sure, and would probably kill anyone who didn't do what he told them to, but his psyche is too broken to feel much joy in anything at the moment. He'd kill out of rage, rather than punishment, and would probably be less observant of his subordinates for at least a short time.

Clovis showing his idea of "mercy" to Brutus doesn't change the fact that he felt the need to kill him. He's killing off every minion that keeps him from amassing money and power, whether they're loyal to him or not.
aitaituo wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:47 am Why did he kill Roan, again? I know he gave an explicit reason, I just think it was flimsy. For the Clovis haters, remember, "Violent men die violent deaths."
Roan took it upon himself to rescue Brutus against Clovis' orders and got himself captured. Which is.. almost exactly what this twin is doing. He's one Mrs. Nibbly [censored]-kicking away from replicating the same circumstances that got Roan killed.