Comic for December 19, 2020: Streaking Dragon

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafe
Council Member

Comic for December 19, 2020: Streaking Dragon

#1 Post by Rafe »

Seriously, of all the things to be worried about...
I guess the question about Landen and Sealeen still being around has been answered. Although who they're working for and just what they're watching still isnn't very clear. They presumably missed seeing Clovis and the wolf twins.

And speaking of wolves, Raine continues to lose it. She now has ears.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for December 19, 2020: Streaking Dragon

#2 Post by Bellhead »

To be fair, Raine's still almost completely human. For her, that's pretty good.

And there's a chance that those two are still looking for wolves, so until we see otherwise, that's my assumption.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Well Reni was raised mostly around humans so it makes sense her sense of modesty is human. Wonder if all the Royal Dragons are also like that. Besides I think her real issue is not being naked per se but being "seen naked" she seems like a rather introvert person.
But your points stands, if i were running away from some dark ritual, naked because some cultists decided they liked my clothes. It would definitely be a concern but not my top priority.

Oh right I forgot about our faker trio. Considering it took almost 15 years to figure out what Trace was doing when he going his brain zapped we may have to wait a couple years to figure out what they want and who do they work for and it is likely to be very damn dark...

I have the feeling Tom prefers half-wolf Raine's form over her human design.

Is it just me or the forum is quieter than usual, specially given there is a new comic page
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Eclipse
Templar Master

#4 Post by Eclipse »

Nah, Sarah wouldn't love this. She'd hate the fact that the camera (probably) doesn't exist in her world so she can take lewds.

Also still holding out for Kei to see her. That would bring the awkwardness of the situation up to 11.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by aitaituo »

I like the way Tom draws Reni's expressions. She just looks, you know?

GammaEradon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#6 Post by GammaEradon »

Heh! A bunch of us were joking last night in the picarto stream that the dialogue would be something like that. I'm just stunned at how close we came!

I do hope we see Reni clothless for a while longer. Just enough to make it awkward for her.

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

#7 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

Not a bad page, a humorous break from everything that’s been happening. I don’t quite understand why it took 3 weeks (unless Tom took a break) to get this page but hey, here it is.

I like to see Raine slowly shifting to wolf, first tail, now ears (and teeth, I think people missed the canine just starting to peek out). But when Reno says “be careful, stick together” I imagine the lot of them sweeping each room with AR’s and door breaching shotguns. Weird train of thought.

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#8 Post by Eclipse »

TheMasterOfOats wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:47 am Not a bad page, a humorous break from everything that’s been happening. I don’t quite understand why it took 3 weeks (unless Tom took a break) to get this page but hey, here it is.
Tom addressed that on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/TwoKinds/status/1339717196772237314
Working on the next few pages of Twokinds. Didn't mean for the long delay, I was working on a big side project and got distracted from what I should be doing. Very sorry, I'm back on track now. Expect a new page within a day or two.

Diabolicon
Citizen

#9 Post by Diabolicon »

I admit after seeing Reni so long in her gold and stuff, seeing her like this is one part 'hah hah this is funny" and one part "ACK! PUT SOME CLOTHES ON GIRL, YOU'RE RUMP IS SHOWING!" :reni: :heart:

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

#10 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:49 pm
TheMasterOfOats wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:47 am Not a bad page, a humorous break from everything that’s been happening. I don’t quite understand why it took 3 weeks (unless Tom took a break) to get this page but hey, here it is.
Tom addressed that on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/TwoKinds/status/1339717196772237314
Working on the next few pages of Twokinds. Didn't mean for the long delay, I was working on a big side project and got distracted from what I should be doing. Very sorry, I'm back on track now. Expect a new page within a day or two.
I don’t have twitter so that ones on me for missing it

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Bellhead »

There's a Twitter feed right below the comic on the main page. Does it show up for you?

It works for me on mobile, but not on my outdated desktop.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#12 Post by Yastreb »

I just want to know why Raine is speaking in italics.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by Bellhead »

Yastreb wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:03 pm I just want to know why Raine is speaking in italics.
Best guess, typo. Judging by how much of this page was Reni, I'd wager he just forgot to turn off italics for that one bubble.

And if not, I guess Raine just has the ability to communicate telepathically now. :raine:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#14 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:41 pm
Yastreb wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:03 pm I just want to know why Raine is speaking in italics.
Best guess, typo. Judging by how much of this page was Reni, I'd wager he just forgot to turn off italics for that one bubble.

And if not, I guess Raine just has the ability to communicate telepathically now. :raine:
Transcript has not been provided so i will agree with you, most likely a typo.
That being said Reni is a telepath and communicates mainly through her mind. Given the difference in altitude it may have been easier to simply read Raine's mind than trying to listen to what she was saying from that afar. Or given how Raine cannot control her magic she may be using telepathy too without since, again, Reni is a bit far away.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by Bellhead »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:03 am Given the difference in altitude it may have been easier to simply read Raine's mind than trying to listen to what she was saying from that afar.
Can't provide link on mobile, but Reni can't speak or understand much language, and thus instinctively "listens" to thoughts instead of voices.