Comic for November 14, 2020: Shoot for the Moon

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Comic for November 14, 2020: Shoot for the Moon

#1 Post by MuonNeutrino »

So yup, Reni cannonballs out of the roof next, not hard to see coming. So now there's just the question of what happens with everyone else. Though the roof getting smashed seems to have done something to the room's magic, so I suppose that's another monkey wrench - does that do anything to Detritus' control over the guardians?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Comic for November 14, 2020: Shoot for the Moon

#2 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Interesting. Al thought I am a bit disturbed that that massive room had a simple wooden ceiling. Alas I amno architect nor builder so I really can't tell if that is really off...

It seems the illusion magic in the room is broken, maybe the door will appear now and they will be able to escape, or maybe the no teleport barrier crashed along with the illusion or maybe Reni will leave and try to get help. But I am really not very preoccupied by how they are gonna get out. That little stunt is gonna get Detritus attention, before she just threw them into the blender and hoped the would get pureed, now they are a threat to the ritual and he is likely gonna try to get rid of them personally.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by aitaituo »

Did anyone guess that the moon was a magic projector? Presumably it was in sun mode before Detritus attacked.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

I'm not sure if it was the moon falling apart, or the room in general glitched out due to lack of room. Could be either, but i'll bet the room just can't handle not being complete.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Kyrit
Templar

#5 Post by Kyrit »

A thought occurs to me that no matter if they go out the roof like Reni or if they can now go through the doors; they've just made another entry for intruders. Rose had stated the enchantment was built into the stone, which would mean that with a dragon sized hole in the roof anyone able to fly in there plenty of access.

I also saw people wondering if levitation magic was possible on yourself instead of just others like Trace had done with Flora. Seraphina had no trouble levitating, so yeah. It can be done. Who knows, maybe she's managed to get out and joined the other two thanks to all the commotion in town and they'll be joining the fun

Eclipse
Templar Master

#6 Post by Eclipse »

It would be funny if she lands and Kei happens to be right in front of her. When she's naked. That would cause some awkwardness to say the least.

MaverickMopete
Citizen

#7 Post by MaverickMopete »

Did anyone notice that Raine's tail came back? Her mana must be returning.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Bellhead »

MaverickMopete wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:46 pm Did anyone notice that Raine's tail came back? Her mana must be returning.
She doesn't require mana to shift forms, only to use magic. She just tends to shift under moments of intense emotion or stress, which we've seen a few times thus far.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

#9 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

The title makes me think of “and he shoots the moon to the fans!” ... “that is a disgusting act by Randy Moss”

And that is all I have to say besides “good page”

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:57 pm
MaverickMopete wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:46 pm Did anyone notice that Raine's tail came back? Her mana must be returning.
She doesn't require mana to shift forms, only to use magic. She just tends to shift under moments of intense emotion or stress, which we've seen a few times thus far.
I imagine that will be her "character quirk", for a lack* on a better term, for a while. She will partially transform when happy or surprised and will fallback into wolf form when sad, stressed or under duress. I think it is a cute lore friendly character detail. I like it!

*Lack of imagination from my part
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Warrl
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Warrl »

Raine also needs at least a tiny amount of magic to simply be in wolf or mixed form. When the magic-blocking shackle was opened, she'd sometimes spontaneously shift to wolf- or hybrid-form - and when it closed, she'd shift back (even if not wearing it). When she spent all the magic she had at the moment "shoving" that fox to teleport somewhere other than where he intended, she was in wolf form and reverted to human.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Bellhead »

I remember that time back in the tavern, as the wolves attacked.. Red opened the shackle, and she shifted, immediately and completely, and vice-versa when he closed it. Not sure if that process has been retconned at all, though.

That said, I think it has something to do with species, rather than transformation. Lore as of the sketch with Raine explaining things is that humans use magic from their core, while keidran use it from stones. It might be something like, "the keidran form tends to emit mana while the human form absorbs it", so the shackle would cause her to involuntarily shift human to avoid it. It all boils down to why the shackle works on Raine, given that "wolf" is part of her, rather than a curse. What do you guys think?

I dunno. I'm bored and hungry at work, so take this with a few grains of salt.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Warrl wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:19 am Raine also needs at least a tiny amount of magic to simply be in wolf or mixed form. When the magic-blocking shackle was opened, she'd sometimes spontaneously shift to wolf- or hybrid-form - and when it closed, she'd shift back (even if not wearing it). When she spent all the magic she had at the moment "shoving" that fox to teleport somewhere other than where he intended, she was in wolf form and reverted to human.
I think Raine and Euchre for that matter require no magic/mana to trasnform. That is what makes their transformation so special and also the part that it is a perfect transformation and not some illusion.
Bellhead wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:27 pm I remember that time back in the tavern, as the wolves attacked.. Red opened the shackle, and she shifted, immediately and completely, and vice-versa when he closed it. Not sure if that process has been retconned at all, though.

That said, I think it has something to do with species, rather than transformation. Lore as of the sketch with Raine explaining things is that humans use magic from their core, while keidran use it from stones. It might be something like, "the keidran form tends to emit mana while the human form absorbs it", so the shackle would cause her to involuntarily shift human to avoid it. It all boils down to why the shackle works on Raine, given that "wolf" is part of her, rather than a curse. What do you guys think?

I dunno. I'm bored and hungry at work, so take this with a few grains of salt.
I think the shackle is a magic suppressor. It has been hinted than ever since she was born Raine has been able to transform. Instead of teaching her how to control her powers, which is a better long term solution. Her mother decided to simply suppress that whole side of her. The fact she turns wolf without it has more to do with her lack of training than the shackle itself. She can't control her magic hence she changes involuntarily with burst of mana/magic due to external factors such as stress or simply because she is sleeping and not paying attention.
How it really works is anyone guess, i remember once reading on the forum it worked by absorbing magic from the user and diffusing / burning it into the air.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Iron Ed
Merchant

#14 Post by Iron Ed »

LOVE Reni in this one, especially panel three! :reni:
"It followed me home, Mother. Can I eat it?" - Ririt

DragnMastralex