Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

jacobc62
Grand Templar

Re: Sketch of the Day

#4021 Post by jacobc62 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:56 pmI do not understand why we have not had a female vixen side/sketch character, specially now with Very Vixen Mike
If you want to get technical, Laura IS the vixen side character.
Kellard wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:51 am Bro a ton of the sketches are just fetish fuel, and once a new fad appears it gets spammed in the suggestions. The collar, the body swaps, the tf, and whatever the hell.

It's really, really tiring.
At least those suggestions make the list. Every time I've created a sketch suggestion (it always being some variant of "Zen celebrating winning a NASCAR championship"), it has not appeared ONCE on the voting list. I don't know if I just happen to miss an unknown/unseen deadline to submit it, Tom doesn't happen to see it, or if Tom just hates NASCAR that much, but I have yet to see what I have suggested be put on the voting list, which is why I've not even bothered for quite a long time now.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#4022 Post by Technic[Bot] »

aitaituo wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:34 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:56 pmConsidering the popularity of Laura, Fem!Mike, Fem!Clovis and the existence of Vixen Fem!Keith and Extra Vixen Nat. I do not understand why we have not had a female vixen side/sketch character, specially now with Very Vixen Mike. Think fox Erilas or something like that. The demand for something like that seems to be there but the supply is not...

The last two Mike centric pieces also remind me of "Niebla" by Miguel de Unamuno. It is very meta as the protagonist gets to meet the author and argues with him...
Well, Erilas exists because Evals has never been chosen for a gender reversal or Tom thought it would be more interesting (Mike embarrassment) to have a sister of Evals going hitting on him than Evals, this time a girl, hitting on him. A lot of the sketches are fetishistic stuff. I'm guessing most patrons, and most definitely Tom, prefer the gender reversals over a new female fox character. I'm not into the gender reversal thing, so I would be happier with some of Mike's relatives showing up in the sketches. It'd even have the long lost relative angle!
I think Evals has been gender bent in some other sketch. I think he even went, begrudgingly, on a date with mike.
In any case That is actually my point. I doubt you are the only one not really into gender reversal and even if the vast majority of patreons are. The characters are not fit for all kinks that exists and a different character might be able to fit other "tastes" in a more organic way that is why i assume Erilas was created. All I am saying some extra character variety, even if only on sketches, would be a positive change for everyone regardless what you are into.
I would also really like seeing Mike family featured if simply because I like how Tom draws foxes.

Kellard wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:51 am Bro a ton of the sketches are just fetish fuel, and once a new fad appears it gets spammed in the suggestions. The collar, the body swaps, the tf, and whatever the hell.

Repetition always leads to boredom.
jacobc62 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:06 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:56 pmI do not understand why we have not had a female vixen side/sketch character, specially now with Very Vixen Mike
If you want to get technical, Laura IS the vixen side character.

At least those suggestions make the list. Every time I've created a sketch suggestion (it always being some variant of "Zen celebrating winning a NASCAR championship"), it has not appeared ONCE on the voting list. I don't know if I just happen to miss an unknown/unseen deadline to submit it, Tom doesn't happen to see it, or if Tom just hates NASCAR that much, but I have yet to see what I have suggested be put on the voting list, which is why I've not even bothered for quite a long time now.
Pun intended?
I was thinking on someone more proportioned like Erilas but yeah you are correct.

I was planning to get a couple months pledge to Tom patreon. As a way to to thank him if you will. I was not sure I i would add a sketch suggestion but i really would like to see a jaguar Keidran. In any case then Covid happened and my currency took a heavy blow so I decided to shelf the idea for now. Besides Patreon might be sued out of existence in the foreseeable future so I think i will wait a bit...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4023 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Sorry about double post but it has been 2 days already:

Today we have Aztec Adelaide
And since this sketch is tangentially related to my country i decided it would be fun to comment on it:
First the Macuahuitl, her weapon. It may simply be the perspective but hers look to short. Thing of it like a sword not a dagger.
Her Chimalli, the shield is mostly ok, but a bit too round, most shield tended to be quite flat.

Now her wardrobe. The quetzalapanecáyotl or heardress is a bit too large. There were instances of even larger ones being used but those were ceremonial you used something much more discrete on the battlefield to identify your rank plus a hardwood helmet. Also it does not look particularly aztec, seems a bit more something like a war bonnet from the american plains indians.
Her armor, or in this case lack thereof. Aztec soldiers used Ichcahuilpilli a very thick cotton armor that was very good at stopping arrows darts and other American weaponry. High ranking officers also complemented their cotton gambeson with leather and animal skins making it more effective. So she really is wearing too little, but that seems a problem with Tom style in general not this pieces in particular.
Actual codex display casual clothing was a loincloth and either a shawl like cape or a tunic. Which under normal situations is what the emperor would wear.

In general she seems slightly based on some portraits of Cuahutemoc last emperor of Tenochtitlan and i think it fits the general aesthetics, specially considering we have very few portraits from that era, most of them by spaniards.

I used to live in Tenochtitlan you know, although these days it is called Mexico City

Also this was a nice way to scour for other Mexican twokinds fans in the Patreon comments, but did not find much...

Source:
I am part aztec and they teach this in High School here.

Cualli yohualli!
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#4024 Post by Yastreb »

Remember that Adelaide is well over 2 meters tall, 214 cm I think. So the sword isn't that short. Of course it would make more sense for someone of her size and strength to use a large weapon for more reach etc.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#4025 Post by aitaituo »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:14 am *snip*
I was hoping you'd write a post like this. Thanks!

steelabjur
Council Member

#4026 Post by steelabjur »

Yastreb wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:42 pm Remember that Adelaide is well over 2 meters tall, 214 cm I think. So the sword isn't that short. Of course it would make more sense for someone of her size and strength to use a large weapon for more reach etc.
7'2", so nearly 220 cm. Wouldn't surprise me if the width of her palm is 12" (famous professional wrestler Andre The Giant was 7'4" with a 16" palm, a normal sized beer can in his hand was like a mini can in a normal persons). I think Vixen Adelaide gives a good example of how absolutely BIG she is (compare her hand on her chest to the head of the soldier in front of her, she could cover his entire face with her open hand and touch both his ears at the same time!) The biggest Macuahuitl average around 4', so one would naturally look small in her hands (anything short of something like a Highland claymore or a Zweihänder would look small in her hands).

Andre with a beer can (a Vintage Molson Canadian straight side can 12oz./341 ml):

Oh and, yesterday I guess, we got Cat in the Road. Nora naps hard, yo.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#4027 Post by SpottedKitty »

steelabjur wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:27 am Oh and, yesterday I guess, we got Cat in the Road. Nora naps hard, yo.
For some reason, the fact that someone failed so hard to lever a large dragon's worth of mass off the road with that shovel hit me right on the funny bone.

Although something similar is occasionally encountered in real life; look up the "Theory of Variable Cat Gravity". :twisted: :roll: :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#4028 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Today we have ALL THE FEELS, in

Rose's Last Days

(;_;)

I know this is half about Trace's reaction, but I'm not sure I really *want* to see inside Dark!Trace's head here - that can't be a comfortable place to be under normal circumstances, let alone ones like this. One also wonders what (if anything) Rose knew in advance. Did he tell her anything? Or did she just go to sleep one evening and wake up as a ghost bound to the manor?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4029 Post by Technic[Bot] »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:33 pm Today we have ALL THE FEELS, in

(;_;)

I know this is half about Trace's reaction, but I'm not sure I really *want* to see inside Dark!Trace's head here - that can't be a comfortable place to be under normal circumstances, let alone ones like this. One also wonders what (if anything) Rose knew in advance. Did he tell her anything? Or did she just go to sleep one evening and wake up as a ghost bound to the manor?
I do not want to be a downer but I doubt Trace just let her go to sleep before turning her into a necromancy experiment.
Most likely one day once he had the preparations ready he simply drugged her and plugged her into the machinery
Really not nice....
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#4030 Post by SpottedKitty »

Rose's Last Days
Very much agreed; I think I might have forgotten to breathe for a few seconds when I saw it. :shock: :(

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#4031 Post by stlsf4003 »

Rose's Last Days

(;_;)

Damn.....this has got to be the most depressing and darkest thing Toms's ever produced.

And the worst part is that i fear this is how Roses's final hours where in canon. She knew she wasn't long for this world and was more then ready to embrace the peaceful release of death, to be with Saria once more.

Only for her master to have....much crueler plans in mind.
the lurking furry railroader

steelabjur
Council Member

#4032 Post by steelabjur »

stlsf4003 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:32 pm

Rose's Last Days

(;_;)

Damn.....this has got to be the most depressing and darkest thing Toms's ever produced.

And the worst part is that i fear this is how Roses's final hours where in canon. She knew she wasn't long for this world and was more then ready to embrace the peaceful release of death, to be with Saria once more.

Only for her master to have....much crueler plans in mind.
You know, I read her face, body language, and phrasing differently. That isn't a look of surrender, she isn't giving up the ghost and embracing death; that is a look of determination. I think she not only knew, but saw the opportunity to be involved in bringing the only person she ever gave a damn about back from dead and embraced what Trace was offering. She isn't saying she'll see Saria because she's close to death, but because she believes Saria can be made to live again and she will be there in the flesh to see it happen. She might even have manipulated Trace into testing his ideas out on her, taking advantage of the inner conflict tom mentions in the description. We know rose can be cold blooded in dealing with anyone not-Saria.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#4033 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I usually try not to post much in this thread unless there is something i really want to add to the sketch or if I feel a more detailed archival is required.

But I could not resist this time. Professor Silverlock is just too damn adorable not to! She looks so happy and content, Happy Raine is best Raine. Beside i could totally see her as an academic. Also nice lore exposition. Did not expected Basitin to be basically magic superman, minus the flying and eye beams.

Now that I am at it: in a decision that surprised absolutely no one both Very Vixen Mike sketches got colored.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#4034 Post by SpottedKitty »

Also in this month's colour batch, Keidran Playing Poker. Brutus has a perfect poker face; he always looks like that. Can't say the same for his tail, though.

Tom's teasing us again, look at the card Mrs. Nibbly's holding... :twisted: :roll: :wink:

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#4035 Post by aitaituo »

SpottedKitty wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:51 pm Also in this month's colour batch, Keidran Playing Poker. Brutus has a perfect poker face; he always looks like that. Can't say the same for his tail, though.

Tom's teasing us again, look at the card Mrs. Nibbly's holding... :twisted: :roll: :wink:
Are Brutus and Evals the only ones not cheating?