Comic for August 15, 2020: Interrogation

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafe
Council Member

Comic for August 15, 2020: Interrogation

#1 Post by Rafe »

As has been suspected, Maddie has been up to her usual intelligence gathering activities, and by the way she was blushing in the first panel, she knows where Maren went.

steelabjur
Council Member

Re: Comic for August 15, 2020: Interrogation

#2 Post by steelabjur »

Yes, "intelligence gathering", with all them bare ankles around. ;)

Eclipse
Templar Master

#3 Post by Eclipse »

Karen is truly a master interrogator. Forget Lt. Reed, they should just have Karen interrogate Brutus. What could possibly go wrong?

EDIT: Also just noticed Mrs. Nibbly in the last panel. Guess the spy is being spied on herself. Spyception!

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

#4 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

It’s nice to see a slightly different side of Maddie, especially since she’s so often a very prudish Bastian (which isn’t all that odd, I guess.) Fun page, I’m just wondering why it took an extra week (I’m not judgin’, just wonderin’)

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

Rafe
Council Member

#5 Post by Rafe »

Eclipse wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:54 pm Karen is truly a master interrogator. Forget Lt. Reed, they should just have Karen interrogate Brutus. What could possibly go wrong?
That would be good. Those two together might cause some kind of apocalypse of stupid.
Also just noticed Mrs. Nibbly in the last panel. Guess the spy is being spied on herself. Spyception!

No doubt Maddie and Mrs. Nibbly are both in in the act of watching Sythe as he interacts with Maren, very closely.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by aitaituo »

Maddie has fast drying hair.

Someone should try to figure out who was in the pool when Maddie was creeping in it.

SomeBody
Citizen

#7 Post by SomeBody »

Hey, I was right. Snorkel in the water.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#8 Post by Bellhead »

aitaituo wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:09 pm Someone should try to figure out who was in the pool when Maddie was creeping in it.
SomeBody wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:19 pm Hey, I was right. Snorkel in the water.
I think somebody already knows.

Also, "Tell me something I wouldn't know" made me laugh so hard... :grin: And yeah. Distance. Where your stealth can't be detected, and neither can your blush.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#9 Post by Eclipse »

Rafe wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:05 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:54 pm Karen is truly a master interrogator. Forget Lt. Reed, they should just have Karen interrogate Brutus. What could possibly go wrong?
That would be good. Those two together might cause some kind of apocalypse of stupid.
The phrase "apocalypse of stupid" amuses me way more than it should. XD

I was joking about Karen interrogating Brutus in case you couldn't tell, but yeah, it'd be interesting to see that meeting of the (not so great) minds and the monumentally bad ideas that could spawn from it.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#10 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Despite not being a good interrogator Karen has a good point. How can they tell anything is even real if the manor is capable of creating magic holograms?

That is a rather scary though.

Also it is my theory now that basitin had a double coat that lets them dry fast.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

steelabjur
Council Member

#11 Post by steelabjur »

aitaituo wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:09 pm Maddie has fast drying hair.

Someone should try to figure out who was in the pool when Maddie was creeping in it.
Raine and Karen (Comic #1087: Time To Party!).

Oh, pool! I was thinking of when Maddie was snorkeling. Could be Sythe and Maren (very next comic is those two alone in the pool eating pizza).
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:58 pm Despite not being a good interrogator Karen has a good point. How can they tell anything is even real if the manor is capable of creating magic holograms?

That is a rather scary though.

Also it is my theory now that basitin had a double coat that lets them dry fast.
One of my suggestions last comic thread was the reason they don't seem to be doing any damage to the walls is they are, but it's being hidden by illusions (and that the door is still there too, just under illusion of being gone).

Tyger42
Apprentice

#12 Post by Tyger42 »

I don't expect it to become canon and don't care, but I ship it. XD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#13 Post by Bellhead »

steelabjur wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:41 am

Raine and Maren (Comic #1087: Time To Party!).
I think you mean Karen.

That said, I'd also assume that Maddie had moved between that panel and the following page, given that she saw them leave, and that there was apparently a time skip between them, let alone during that page. My guess is she was either on the pillar or the overhang by then, if she saw them leave.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

steelabjur
Council Member

#14 Post by steelabjur »

TheMasterOfOats wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:42 pm It’s nice to see a slightly different side of Maddie, especially since she’s so often a very prudish Bastian (which isn’t all that odd, I guess.) Fun page, I’m just wondering why it took an extra week (I’m not judgin’, just wonderin’)
Scripting issues basically, Tom wasn't liking how things were coming out and basically scrapped and redid the page. The next page should be right on time though, he actually drew it in the same stream he finished this one in (today).

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#15 Post by CrRAR »

Simple! It's all the blushing, flusteredness, and heightened physical activity from the rescue. Elevated body temp, hair dries quicker. SCIENCE~ :grin:
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!