Comic for July 12, 2020: The Rose Garden

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Comic for July 12, 2020: The Rose Garden

#1 Post by Bellhead »

Nice long comic this time. That would explain the delay.

So we kinda called it.. Trace used Rose as part of his necromancy experiments. I do wonder if it was her actual body that was moving around, or if it was a projection of.. that. Maren doesn't look too good either.

I wonder what Rose's feelings are toward this... resurection Trace is planning for Maren and Saria. Would she approve of bringing her friend back, or would she be angry at his defiling of her memory?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

Re: Comic for July 12, 2020: The Rose Garden

#2 Post by Cosmacelf »

Well, it seems that Trace now has a choice to make. Bring back Saria or not. Obv not much of a choice anymore.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#3 Post by Hayate »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:33 pm Well, it seems that Trace now has a choice to make. Bring back Saria or not. Obv not much of a choice anymore.
May not be his choice... Rose seems to be a lot more in charge of what’s happening here...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

Thoe more I look at those tendrils, the more they look like dark magic, like Trace used at the Basitin tower. And that crystal at the top... Is that just a massive dark mana crystal or something? 'Cause that would be dangerous.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

#5 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

Holy cow, there’s so much to chew through in this page.

I love the “rose petals” falling from the roof, it’s more of that classic Twokinds irony. The upper section of the page is pretty cute with Flora and Stoney both putting their hands (claws) on Trace’s shoulders. And seeing Maren seemingly trapped in that crystal is very intriguing, but also makes me wonder what happened to Sythe: did he get left behind, killed as “a spare” (like Cedric), or taken with her?

All very interesting questions I’m excited to see answered.

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#6 Post by BadFoMo »

And now Rose has SHODAN's voice in my head.

Also, transcript.

Code: Select all

**Trace: _Rose?!_**

**Trace:** Huh...? I heard her.
**Trace:** Flora, stay here, I'll-

**Flora:** No way! You're not leaving me alone in this haunted place!

**Trace:** Stoney? Stay close. Protect Flora, okay?

NOD NOD

**Trace:** Good boy.

**Rose:** _Trace... Detritus...._

**Trace:** Rose! What's going on?! You can't really be... a-are you... dead?

**Rose:** _Dead...?_
**Rose:** _Not entirely. But I am... less than I was._
**Rose:** _And more, I suppose. You'll see._

**Rose:** _Not long ago, death was your obsession._
**Rose:** _Researching ways to extend life, and bring it back._
**Rose:** _You needed someone to test your work on, and I was all you had left. So when I got old and my time drew near..._

**Rose:** _You used me._

_Page transcript provided by BadFoMo_
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#7 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Hayate wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:45 pm
Cosmacelf wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:33 pm Well, it seems that Trace now has a choice to make. Bring back Saria or not. Obv not much of a choice anymore.
May not be his choice... Rose seems to be a lot more in charge of what’s happening here...
I imagine that ever Maren touched the table, the manor is simply running Trace's scripts. What I am saying is that the resurrection ritual is probably automated. Even with her restriction removed i doubt Trace ever allowed Rose to have a direct influence over the resurrection ritual. As a simply failsafe, you do not want your undead minions trying to mess up you grandiose plans at the last moment.
It also has been hinted that there may be more than once presence in the manor other than Rose. What I have come to call Trace's personal necromany assistant, like Igor from the frankstein movies.

Alas i have been wrong on everything i have said about this chapter so far, so maybe Rose is 100% on board this necromancy thing, not that it matters at the end, Trace would have used regardless of her opinion. I do hope tha tis not the case and that she will try to prevent this, because otherwise she will turn into the chapter villain and i like Rose too much for that :(
Bellhead wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:52 pm Thoe more I look at those tendrils, the more they look like dark magic, like Trace used at the Basitin tower. And that crystal at the top... Is that just a massive dark mana crystal or something? 'Cause that would be dangerous.
The tendrils look like pipes and cables to me, it actually gives Rose a GLaDos like motif. Also I give it a 95% change the manor will blow up at the end of the chapter.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

MarbleTower3
Fav. Twokinds Character: They're all great

#8 Post by MarbleTower3 »

Holy crap! I had read posts and theories on what this comic might look like, but W O W, that is some dark stuff. Anyone see Maren in the crystal spire below Rose? I mean jeez, that is creepy! Creepy enough that, as a causal watcher of the forums and reader of the comic, I created an account to talk about it. This just highlights the depths of former Trace's evil. At first, when Madelyn looked through the door, I thought the shadow was dark Trace with tentacles coming out of him or something. One of the theories that kept popping up on forum pages I had viewed was Trace's experimentation on Rose with resurrection. The comic went into how the dark magic warped his mind, but damn, that tentacle levitation resurrection body stealing crap is DARK

Eclipse
Templar Master

#9 Post by Eclipse »

Rose used the word "Detritus" after addressing Trace. So she's using it either to refer to Trace or Flora I guess? She's probably either showing her disdain for what Trace did to her in the case of the former, or she's under Old Trace's influence for the latter. Not entirely sure which is the case, I'm leaning more towards the latter, but I'm not solid on that. Either way, it sounds like Rose is responsible for at least teleporting Trace and Flora to the Forbidden Corridor and probably a lot more of what's gone wrong in this chapter.

PkmnTrainerLucas
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#10 Post by PkmnTrainerLucas »

Wow, I'm speechless! While going down the page, at first I laughed at Stoney acting like a dog with Trace calling him a good boy, then I was left without words upon looking at the last panel!

themunck
Traveler

#11 Post by themunck »

Eclipse wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:49 am Rose used the word "Detritus" after addressing Trace. So she's using it either to refer to Trace or Flora I guess? She's probably either showing her disdain for what Trace did to her in the case of the former, or she's under Old Trace's influence for the latter. Not entirely sure which is the case, I'm leaning more towards the latter, but I'm not solid on that. Either way, it sounds like Rose is responsible for at least teleporting Trace and Flora to the Forbidden Corridor and probably a lot more of what's gone wrong in this chapter.
Detritus is word from geology, usually used for loose materials like gravel (lit. "That which has been disintegrated"". As such, it may be Stoney's real/official name?

Panther
Merchant

#12 Post by Panther »

Since the page where we've seen the doors open , i've theorized about Rose being the body in there and "defended" my theory against other peoples saying it was Saria or even Trace ............. And now that it's confirmed , i feel pain and tears for Rose (;_;) (;_;) (;_;) (;_;)
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Loveknowsbest
Citizen

#13 Post by Loveknowsbest »

I feel like that character in the film that goes...
"WHAT DID YOU DO TRACE....WHAT DID YOU DO?!? YOU GONNA HAVE TO FIX THIS" Oh my I dont know whether to feel sad at this or angry. Poor Rose. No one should be used like this. Darn you evil trace.

MatyMaty
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#14 Post by MatyMaty »

I'm still pretty sure Rose is going to want to bring Saria back >_> Rose already said she has absolute power over the house with the restrictions removed, likely to a degree old evil Trace even feared. Also, I'm pretty sure "Detritus" is just the name of the lizard statue.

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

#15 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

themunck wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:00 am Detritus is word from geology, usually used for loose materials like gravel (lit. "That which has been disintegrated"". As such, it may be Stoney's real/official name?
Interesting you should mention that. My theory is Rose is doing this as a screw-you to Eucere after he told her not to show Trace whatever was in this room. I noticed when Trace and Flora were teleported away in the previous chapter, the “particles” were identical to the ones used by Rose to teleport Maddie and Karen earlier. Also, Rose’s using “detritus” seem to have no effect on Stoney, which makes me think she’s using that magic to influence Trace’s other lizard prototypes the others are dealing with on the beach. It would explain both why they are there and also attacking known guests in the manor. What other reason do they have to attack?

All I know is that the plot is now rife with mystery.

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.