Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33811 Post by Kellard »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:55 pm
Insomniac wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:50 pm Got a text yesterday that the barbershop I use was reopened, and RAN to my car because it's been too many months since my last haircut. I. Feel. ALIVE AGAIN!
I gave up I hate having long hair but I my local barbershop is still closed. So I ordered a clipper online and did my own hair. The result is terrible but I am way more comfortable now and since I am not going outside, who cares? besides every barber in the city charges a ridiculous fee for a simple haircut. So it is self haircuts for me!
I actually had to maintain a crew cut all of last year and I'm really happy to have hair again. Haven't gotten a haircut in 5 months and I don't intend to cut it anytime soon. I hated having short hair.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#33812 Post by Insomniac »

Insomniac wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:50 pm Got a text yesterday that the barbershop I use was reopened, and RAN to my car because it's been too many months since my last haircut. I. Feel. ALIVE AGAIN!
I gave up I hate having long hair but I my local barbershop is still closed. So I ordered a clipper online and did my own hair. The result is terrible but I am way more comfortable now and since I am not going outside, who cares? besides every barber in the city charges a ridiculous fee for a simple haircut. So it is self haircuts for me!
Mm, mine is 26 dollars for a cut, shampoo, hot towel, and back massage. Pretty good price. One I used to go to up in Washington did all that but the shampoo for 12.50, but this place is nice.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#33813 Post by Insomniac »

Kellard wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:35 am
I actually had to maintain a crew cut all of last year and I'm really happy to have hair again. Haven't gotten a haircut in 5 months and I don't intend to cut it anytime soon. I hated having short hair.
Brother. It is HOT here. And I sweat easily lol.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#33814 Post by Bellhead »

Insomniac wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:01 pm
Mm, mine is 26 dollars for a cut, shampoo, hot towel, and back massage. Pretty good price. One I used to go to up in Washington did all that but the shampoo for 12.50, but this place is nice.
Interesting. For that price, I can get a cut and shampoo. No massage, but they don't offer them there.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#33815 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:07 pm
Insomniac wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:01 pm
Interesting. For that price, I can get a cut and shampoo. No massage, but they don't offer them there.
I can get shampoo a cut and a shave for around 10 usd dollars considering the current exchange. But I I find that too expensive. Back when I lived in Mexico City I could get a haircut for around 3 dollars and the result was way better than I whatever it is they try to do here.
Also if around here if a place offers massages and charges more than 25 dollars then it is not a barbershop.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33816 Post by Bellhead »

My radio fell off my toolbox yesterday. I use a vintage boombox as an amp for my computer, through an aux to RCA cable. When it fell, the RCA plugs ripped apart, to literal pieces.

So today, I pulled it apart and soldered in a 3-wire harness connector, and spliced the mating end into the old aux wire.

Now I have an '80s boombox, with an A/C power adapter, hooked up to an XP machine via an automotive harness connector so I can play Quake III with surround sound without it breaking when it falls. I am proud of this.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#33817 Post by TheMouse »

Today the Supreme Court said that LGBTQ+ people are protected under title 7 of the civil rights act.

That's a hell of a win for people like me.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#33818 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I am not knowledgeable on American law. But even then I was surprised that was not the case.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33819 Post by Bellhead »

Yeah. Civil rights here have always been a battle, even if this has been the direction things have been moving in for decades. The BLM movement, for example, had its roots centuries ago, and is just now getting traction.

Land of the Free, of you're a rich, white, straight man.

More on topic, they've finally finished painting the shop, and now I'm back to my bay in the far corner, where it's nice and quiet. Much happy. Lots good.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33820 Post by Bellhead »

I know it's a double post, but it's been a week.

FINALLY BACK TO MY OLD SETUP!! After literal years of trying to make do with a smartphone and a busted laptop, I finally have the space to use my old PC again! I now return to 16x9 1920x1080P widescreen, XP service pack 2 and a FULL KEYBOARD! And SPEAKERS! Oh, the joy~ |D

The Enter key keeps getting stuck, but I suppose it makes sense. When I first turned it on, a cloud of dust blew out of the cooling fan... :P

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

#33821 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

Well today was Canada day, but it also rained so that sucked. Hopefully it won’t rain on the Fourth of July for you folks. :raine: haha get it?

I’m gonna leave now.

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33822 Post by Warrl »

TheMasterOfOats wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:20 am Well today was Canada day, but it also rained so that sucked. Hopefully it won’t rain on the Fourth of July for you folks. :raine: haha get it?
Well, it won't rain on our parade...

... at least, not officially...

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#33823 Post by Technic[Bot] »

First of all I would like to apologize for my Canada comment prior. It did not occur to me it was Canada national day and a real holiday for some reason I just though it was something like taco-day or the like. So sorry about that.

In any case I know tomorrow, july 3th, is a holiday in the US. My employers company is from there and a bunch of colleagues will be on holiday tomorrow. However upper management decided we have been nice here in Mexico and let us take July 3th off too. So i do not have to work tomorrow!

So happy 4th of july 🇺🇸!
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

TheMasterOfOats
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Florence Ambrose

#33824 Post by TheMasterOfOats »

Haha, no problem man. Considering Canada only has a population of ~36M people it’s pretty understandable that some people don’t know when Canada day is.

Happy first 4 days of July folks.

You’re welcome.
Mr. The master of Oats, master of Oats Canada and Canada Oats, in Oats, Canada.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#33825 Post by aitaituo »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:41 am I am not knowledgeable on American law. But even then I was surprised that was not the case.
It has been the case at the state level in much of America for some time, but not federally (nationwide). The decision has been pretty controversial for complicated legal reasons. It is a win, but it opens the door for future decisions in lower courts to do some pretty outlandish things. Say if the Defense of Marriage Act (homosexual marriage ban) was still on the books, by the same rationale it could ban the marriage of a trans man and a trans woman or the Immigration and Naturalization Act could be interpreted to not grant birthright citizenship to children of citizens born abroad. American law is...weird and complicated.