Comic for June 27, 2020: The Painting Pt. 2

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cpt. H.L. Rodney
New Citizen

Re: Comic for June 27, 2020: The Painting Pt. 2

#31 Post by Cpt. H.L. Rodney »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:09 am Then again, he removed her restrictions AFTER she got her memories back, and AFTER she learned that he forgot... everything. So I still think that she would help him, even if not directly. She was never the "evil" type from anything we know, and strange as it may be with what we know now, she still seems to hold hope for a brighter future. I just don't think she'd jeopordize all of that possibility for a vendetta against a person who is, essentially, completely reformed.
This... is good to hear, ngl. And it makes sense, she doesn't seem the type to deliberately harm innocent people, and she does like to mess with people for fun after all (it's in her ref, and she was messing with Trace in that one page to scare him for laughs) So... I'm hoping her entrance is just her doing the same thing here with him and Flora (they can berrate her for poor timing later xD Unless she meant to wait until they found out?)

All the same, while she can't harm Trace directly, I'm hoping and praying with much anxiety that she doesn't harm Flora ;n; (;_;) please leave the mama tiger alone...

:flora: :heart: :trace:

steelabjur
Council Member

#32 Post by steelabjur »

Cosmacelf wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:23 am
steelabjur wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:51 pm The fact that she called him "Master" is telling here, imo. Before this incident Rose was previously calling him by his name. This thing might be wearing Rose's form, but I'm pretty sure that's not the Rose we've came to know up to now.

Regarding Euchre, I doubt he knew.
It wasn’t that long ago that Rose was calling Trace master.

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1046/
In that very comic he asks her to stop calling him Master and in later comics she has. The fact that she's back to calling him Master suggests she might not be the one in the driver seat.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33 Post by Warrl »

Ecthudan wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:50 pmIf Rose is indeed a spirit, then she's a very unconventional one. She's been seen interacting with physical objects quite a few times.
I think it's only twice we've clearly seen her physically interact with something that is definitely a physical object, as verified by someone else interacting with it. The two occasions I know of: when she handed Reni a bowl/mug of coffee, and when she passed Raine the obedience collar.

(Floors don't count as she could be hovering over them and pretending to walk - also if she's the chatelaine, the building itself is pretty much hers to control. Anything she carried, that nobody else was seen to touch, could be a manifestation rather than an actual object.)

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#34 Post by Bellhead »

Warrl wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:17 pm
Ecthudan wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:50 pmIf Rose is indeed a spirit, then she's a very unconventional one. She's been seen interacting with physical objects quite a few times.
I think it's only twice we've clearly seen her physically interact with something that is definitely a physical object, as verified by someone else interacting with it. The two occasions I know of: when she handed Reni a bowl/mug of coffee, and when she passed Raine the obedience collar.

(Floors don't count as she could be hovering over them and pretending to walk - also if she's the chatelaine, the building itself is pretty much hers to control. Anything she carried, that nobody else was seen to touch, could be a manifestation rather than an actual object.)
You're forgetting the Gate Key she handed Trace in the study.

Wait... Have we seen ghosts in this world? Illusions of dead people, sure, but have we seen ghosts? I'm starting to think she's not a spirit at all, but a physical form inhabited by Rose's soul, like a shell, or a robot. One that could use the power of teleportation (via traditional magic, of course) and would have some semblence of control over the manner through a magic tendril of sorts. And while we know she can interact with objects and materials around the manner, have we seen her actually touch another person? She greets people with her hands behind her back, never offers a hand... She might just be a magi-mechanical shell kept alive by the mannor, for which body heat would be irrelevant. But in that case, she would lose her ability to shift forms like Raine... Maybe it is her actual body, resurected with her soul stuffed back in. Maybe he made a copy.

The mind boggles with the possibilities...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#35 Post by stlsf4003 »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:33 pm
Warrl wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:17 pm

You're forgetting the Gate Key she handed Trace in the study.

Wait... Have we seen ghosts in this world? Illusions of dead people, sure, but have we seen ghosts? I'm starting to think she's not a spirit at all, but a physical form inhabited by Rose's soul, like a shell, or a robot. One that could use the power of teleportation (via traditional magic, of course) and would have some semblence of control over the manner through a magic tendril of sorts. And while we know she can interact with objects and materials around the manner, have we seen her actually touch another person? She greets people with her hands behind her back, never offers a hand... She might just be a magi-mechanical shell kept alive by the mannor, for which body heat would be irrelevant. But in that case, she would lose her ability to shift forms like Raine... Maybe it is her actual body, resurected with her soul stuffed back in. Maybe he made a copy.

Assuming that the events of Chapter 6 haven't been retconned. We have belt with an actual ghost before in the form of Saria her self.
the lurking furry railroader

Panther
Merchant

#36 Post by Panther »

steelabjur wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:58 pmIn that very comic he asks her to stop calling him Master and in later comics she has. The fact that she's back to calling him Master suggests she might not be the one in the driver seat.
We can too see it as an hesitation : Rose asking to herself if she continues to call him "Trace" as wished or "Master" again , not wanting to be so familiar now the truth is being revealed ......... ??
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#37 Post by Bellhead »

Panther wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:16 am
steelabjur wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:58 pmIn that very comic he asks her to stop calling him Master and in later comics she has. The fact that she's back to calling him Master suggests she might not be the one in the driver seat.
We can too see it as an hesitation : Rose asking to herself if she continues to call him "Trace" as wished or "Master" again , not wanting to be so familiar now the truth is being revealed ......... ??
Honestly, either is a possibility at this point. We're still don't know where Maren is, either, or who -or what- is with her.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#38 Post by Yastreb »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:33 pm Wait... Have we seen ghosts in this world? Illusions of dead people, sure, but have we seen ghosts? I'm starting to think she's not a spirit at all, but a physical form inhabited by Rose's soul, like a shell, or a robot. One that could use the power of teleportation (via traditional magic, of course) and would have some semblence of control over the manner through a magic tendril of sorts. And while we know she can interact with objects and materials around the manner, have we seen her actually touch another person? She greets people with her hands behind her back, never offers a hand... She might just be a magi-mechanical shell kept alive by the mannor, for which body heat would be irrelevant. But in that case, she would lose her ability to shift forms like Raine... Maybe it is her actual body, resurected with her soul stuffed back in. Maybe he made a copy.

No, Rose has not touched anyone directly. The closest thing has been her and somebody else touching an object simultaneously.

And as stlsf4003 said, we have seen Saria's ghost.

voidrunner404
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#39 Post by voidrunner404 »

OOOOF, I just had a very dark thought, and it could be wrong, but what if Rose, the REAL Rose, is being used as a sort of magic battery for the estate? Could explain all the tables that can summon anything?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#40 Post by Bellhead »

voidrunner404 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:59 am OOOOF, I just had a very dark thought, and it could be wrong, but what if Rose, the REAL Rose, is being used as a sort of magic battery for the estate? Could explain all the tables that can summon anything?
Not unreasonable, given what Dark Trace was capable of, and was willing to do. That said, with the amount of energy required to keep the Estate running, one single person's life force would likely run out after a very short time. That, and I highly doubt his memory of Saria and Rose's relationship would allow it.

There's also the death date, two years ago, three years after Saria was killed. The manor would have been in use long before Rose passed, since she was the seneschal at time of death. She's definitely related, somehow, though.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#41 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:09 am
voidrunner404 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:59 am OOOOF, I just had a very dark thought, and it could be wrong, but what if Rose, the REAL Rose, is being used as a sort of magic battery for the estate? Could explain all the tables that can summon anything?
Not unreasonable, given what Dark Trace was capable of, and was willing to do. That said, with the amount of energy required to keep the Estate running, one single person's life force would likely run out after a very short time. That, and I highly doubt his memory of Saria and Rose's relationship would allow it.

There's also the death date, two years ago, three years after Saria was killed. The manor would have been in use long before Rose passed, since she was the seneschal at time of death. She's definitely related, somehow, though.
I half expect Rose to come out of the shadow looking like an enemy from resident evil or bloodborne.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#42 Post by stlsf4003 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:17 am
I half expect Rose to come out of the shadow looking like an enemy from resident evil or bloodborne.
Give the current trajectory of this chapters, I fear that might not be too far from the truth.......

Here's hoping i'm wrong

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#43 Post by AmigaDragon »

tony1695 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:20 pm Well, we all knew something was off with Rose. Though I can't imagine that Saria was okay with Trace doing whatever he did.

Also, wasn't Flora illiterate, or did she pick up enough on the naval voyage to the Basitin Isles? Or am I just misremembering?
From their earlier interaction, ghost Saria didn't know whatever old Trace did to Rose.

Illiterates can still know numbers to some extent, and a painting or whatever with two dates like this is pretty obvious as to its meaning, even to illiterates.
Yastreb wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:52 pm
Bellhead wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:33 pm Wait... Have we seen ghosts in this world? Illusions of dead people, sure, but have we seen ghosts?...
No, Rose has not touched anyone directly. The closest thing has been her and somebody else touching an object simultaneously.

And as stlsf4003 said, we have seen Saria's ghost.
And even though it was accomplished as an illusion (Heart's Desire), I believe we also saw Laura's ghost (possessing the illusion, making a noticeable change in its behavior).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#44 Post by Technic[Bot] »

stlsf4003 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:50 am
Give the current trajectory of this chapters, I fear that might not be too far from the truth.......

Here's hoping i'm wrong
I do hope i am wrong too. I think this is the first time I have been a bit afraid of what might happen in the comic. I know it is a bit silly, but i cannot help it.
I do think the evidence points out that despite not being alive, Rose might not be evil.
On the other hand she might come out of the shadow looking like the Orphan of Kos or the Nemesis, calling out Trace horrible behavior before, making him face what kind of monster he was. And ready to exact revenge on his former master by killing his unborn child, again. As she attack Flora Trace would probably snap and obliterate Rose out of existence to protect Flora unfortunately after that I imagine he would revert back to Dark!Trace and well that is kinda worse...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#45 Post by stlsf4003 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:03 am
stlsf4003 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:50 am

Here's hoping i'm wrong
I do hope i am wrong too. I think this is the first time I have been a bit afraid of what might happen in the comic. I know it is a bit silly, but i cannot help it.
I do think the evidence points out that despite not being alive, Rose might not be evil.
On the other hand she might come out of the shadow looking like the Orphan of Kos or the Nemesis, calling out Trace horrible behavior before, making him face what kind of monster he was. And ready to exact revenge on his former master by killing his unborn child, again. As she attack Flora Trace would probably snap and obliterate Rose out of existence to protect Flora unfortunately after that I imagine he would revert back to Dark!Trace and well that is kinda worse...
One thing's for sure though. Things are definitely gonna go sideways from here on out!
The estate is more the likely surrounded by Clovis' men, Maren has unwittingly set in motion Dark Trace's end game and then there's the question of where the loyalty's of the Specter formerly know as Roselyn lie's..........

Gonna be a helluva ride!