Comic for June 10, 2020: Hitting a Wall

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for June 10, 2020: Hitting a Wall

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Shouldn't "Why isn't this working!" have a '?' in it?

Anyway, panel 4, can anyone hear Natani crying "Leeroy Jenkins!"?

Also, here's the transcript

Code: Select all

**Red: _Graaah!_**

**Red: _Why isn't this working!_**

**Red:** Come on!

**Red:** Blasting holes in stuff is supposed to be what I'm best at!

**Red:** Alright, wall! This time I'm serious!

**Raine:** Be careful!

**Raine:** I'm afraid if we hit it too hard it could bring down a lot more than we mean to!

CRACKLE!

**Natani:** (In Keidran) **_Outta my way! I've got this!_**

**Raine:** Ah! Wait, hang on!

BZZ-TWZNG

**Red: _Eek!_**

**Natani: _Huh?!_**

**Page transcript provided by BadFoMo**
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

Re: Comic for June 10, 2020: Hitting a Wall

#2 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

BadFoMo wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:09 am Anyway, panel 4, can anyone hear Natani crying "Leeroy Jenkins!"?
Now that you mention it :mrgrin:
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

InTheLionsDen

#3 Post by InTheLionsDen »

steelabjur
Council Member

#4 Post by steelabjur »

BadFoMo wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:09 am Shouldn't "Why isn't this working!" have a '?' in it?
Maybe a "?!" I get the feeling Red's frustrated that he's failing at doing the one thing he's good at (breaking stuff) and a "?" would weaken that.

Wonder if the walls are magically protected?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#5 Post by Bellhead »

I don't see a "Leroy Jenkins", I see "Haduken". And yeah, I bet they are magically protected, knowing Trace. Hope that ricochet doesn't hit anything important...

Also, not sure if accident, but congratulations to Raine for having the control to change your ears back to normal.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#6 Post by Yastreb »

steelabjur wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:00 am Wonder if the walls are magically protected?
Also wonder if that wall is a physical wall at all or some kind of magical force field?

Now that I think of it, using a force field (or equivalent) as a load-bearing structure sounds like something Evil Trace would do. Raine could be very literally right.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#7 Post by CrRAR »

Red wrote:Alright, wall! This time I’m serious!
Yeah! You tell that wall whatfer!

Too bad Maren’s not here. (;_;)
Maren: “Oh great, the boy wonder has achieved intelligent conversation... with a wall. Remarkable.”

Also, how long have we had a Reni emoji? :reni: :heart:
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by aitaituo »

Jeez, is this a murder room that just happened to be used for occasional beach parties?

Ville Saari
Fav. Twokinds Character: Trace

#9 Post by Ville Saari »

BadFoMo wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:09 am Anyway, panel 4, can anyone hear Natani crying "Leeroy Jenkins!"?
That's what he does. It's Keidran for 'Outta my way! I've got this!'.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#10 Post by CrRAR »

Ville Saari wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:30 pm
That's what he does. It's Keidran for 'Outta my way! I've got this!'.
Considering Red is without his sword, Keith's turn next with the shovel for finding a vulnerable spot in the wall.

Everyone knows the destructible parts clang different when struck. :P
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Rafe
Council Member

#11 Post by Rafe »

CrRAR wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:43 pm Considering Red is without his sword, Keith's turn next with the shovel for finding a vulnerable spot in the wall.
The shovel was split by one of the stone dragons a couple of pages back.

Also, Maybe if Raine had yelled "Ah! Wait, hang on!" in Keidran, Natani could have avoided almost blasting them.

All this being trapped and blasting at walls is also starting to remind me of another scene a while back.
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/981/
That time, of course, it was Carver using his rod-charm.
This time, it could be Clovis himself, maybe using his "flawless crystal amulet"
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/946/

Ddraig
Templar Master

#12 Post by Ddraig »

Can't say it was something I thought of beforehand, but magically-reinforced/protected walls makes sense for Trace's manor.

Also, Is it a trick of the angle or a (minor) art oversight that you can't see Nat's bindings in the last panel? Or is the "Huh?" in response to something other than her magic bouncing off the wall? Personally I suspect the middle of the three, but that could just be my eyes playing tricks on me with perspective
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by aitaituo »

Ddraig wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:19 am Can't say it was something I thought of beforehand, but magically-reinforced/protected walls makes sense for Trace's manor.

Also, Is it a trick of the angle or a (minor) art oversight that you can't see Nat's bindings in the last panel? Or is the "Huh?" in response to something other than her magic bouncing off the wall? Personally I suspect the middle of the three, but that could just be my eyes playing tricks on me with perspective
I believe that's Eric's magic mansion that makes women's tops come off when they try to escape. It looks like the angle is hiding it to me. Maybe the edge of it should be visible.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#14 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:53 am I don't see a "Leroy Jenkins", I see "Haduken". And yeah, I bet they are magically protected, knowing Trace. Hope that ricochet doesn't hit anything important...

Also, not sure if accident, but congratulations to Raine for having the control to change your ears back to normal.
I think, on the contrary, she is shifting rapidly between forms without even noticing. But now that you mention Raine I think that is the only way they are gonna punch out of the room. If the place is reinforced with Traces magic the only one with enough raw power to break through it is Raine.
However this time it will have to be a conscious effort to control her powers, it wild be some nice, force, character development besides protecting her friends and herself should be motivation enough. At least I hope, I really rather not see them resorting to take Raines robe off only for her to blow a hole in the wall. Would be a waste of a moment for character growth only for a not so funny joke.
Rafe wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:50 am
CrRAR wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:43 pm Considering Red is without his sword, Keith's turn next with the shovel for finding a vulnerable spot in the wall.
The shovel was split by one of the stone dragons a couple of pages back.

Also, Maybe if Raine had yelled "Ah! Wait, hang on!" in Keidran, Natani could have avoided almost blasting them.

All this being trapped and blasting at walls is also starting to remind me of another scene a while back.
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/981/
That time, of course, it was Carver using his rod-charm.
This time, it could be Clovis himself, maybe using his "flawless crystal amulet"
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/946/
I imagine Clovis Posse, if already breached the manor perimeter, is also being attacked by something. Thought hey may be better at fending them off, they are heavily armed after all.
aitaituo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:41 am
Ddraig wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:19 am Can't say it was something I thought of beforehand, but magically-reinforced/protected walls makes sense for Trace's manor.

I believe that's Eric's magic mansion that makes women's tops come off when they try to escape. It looks like the angle is hiding it to me. Maybe the edge of it should be visible.
Considering his personal... interests... I imgine his mansion makes women's tops come off when arriving not when trying to leave.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Warrl
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Warrl »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:32 am
Bellhead wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:53 am I believe that's Eric's magic mansion that makes women's tops come off when they try to escape.
Considering his personal... interests... I imgine his mansion makes women's tops come off when arriving not when trying to leave.
Unfortunately, tequila is not a good building material.