Comic for may 16. 2020; A Second Chance

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

Comic for may 16. 2020; A Second Chance

#1 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Love how Flora says "Filthy Keidran. It shows how much they grown as characters for her to use it.

Wow. was that three comics within almost a week ? :kathrin:

Is the giant stone lizard Sarias child or a companion for her and the child? (language barrier)
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

targetdrone
Traveler

Re: Comic for may 16. 2020; A Second Chance

#2 Post by targetdrone »

yay, so stoney may be staying around... what better play companion than a giant powerful stone lizzard..... if that child has any kind of adventurous/mischievous traits, the future might become ... interesting :D
Insert signature here

Valerio

#3 Post by Valerio »

"I had nora growing up" Hm, what does that mean?

targetdrone
Traveler

#4 Post by targetdrone »

Valerio wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:43 pm "I had nora growing up" Hm, what does that mean?
probably that nora would get arrested for liking 'em young in our world :P
Insert signature here

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#5 Post by Bellhead »

Stoney was meant to be a companion for their child, not to be the child itself.

And from the conversation in the previous thread, that last panel basically confirms him snapping at some point later on. Well, that, or coming VERY close to it.

Also good to see Flora acting like that. She seems less afraid of Trace's old self than before.
Valerio wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:43 pm "I had nora growing up" Hm, what does that mean?
Likely that he knew her when he was young, and she was very close to him, friend or otherwise. Old Trace probably wanted his child to have a lifelong companion like that.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#6 Post by Neutral Smith »

Trace has forgotten everything, didn't even know what a Keidran was, and now remembers things? Oh well...
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#7 Post by Elemental Templar »

Bellhead wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 12:46 pm Stoney was meant to be a companion for their child, not to be the child itself.

And from the conversation in the previous thread, that last panel basically confirms him snapping at some point later on. Well, that, or coming VERY close to it.

Also good to see Flora acting like that. She seems less afraid of Trace's old self than before.
Likely that he knew her when he was young, and she was very close to him, friend or otherwise. Old Trace probably wanted his child to have a lifelong companion like that.
To elaborate and somewhat ponder on this statement further, we know that when Trace was pretty young when he was taken in by the Templar (Best guess around 7 or 8 years old) and it was in Edinmire presumably where he met Nora and she took her liking to him, going as far as be with him throughout his "courtship endeavors" and his eventual breakdown.

However, I find it odd that in that entire time that he never had any visits from his parents or any relatives, and with this new quote about Nora being his "life-long companion" is it presumable that his parents died while he a student? If so, his inevitable breakdown seems all the more tragic because that means he virtually had no emotional support network to help deal his grief.

He had little if any friends in the Academy (the only one we know of is Red and he was kicked out from the templar academy ), Nora although seemingly obsessed with the Lesser Races of Mekkan (Lesser by Dragon Standards) probably wouldn't been able to give Trace much if any consoling given how she just see's death as something that happens to all mortals, and Saria's Father (Although we haven't heard any mention of him in the comic proper) probably would've closed Trace off, either blaming him for the deaths of his daughter and grandchild or thinking the only thing he could do would be to give him time to grieve.

All this loss and with no-one to help him emotionally, ultimately led him down the path of desperation and subsequently to his path genocide against all keidran.

In retrospect I now realize this all may be an elaborate metaphor as to how tragedy and depression lead can ultimately lead to awakening the darkest parts of the human psyche
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Ecthudan
Citizen

#8 Post by Ecthudan »

Woah, has it ever happened before that a new comic was uploaded after only three days? Well, I sure ain't complaining.

I'm glad that Evil Trace is taking a backseat for now, though I still think he may come out a bit later. This is just the calm before the storm, I'm sure of it. After all, where is that monster that Maddie had seen? Shouldn't it have arrived by now? Odd.

And Trace even knew that his child was going to be a girl, apparently? Or maybe he's just guessing wildly.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by aitaituo »

Does anyone else find the last panel a little ominous?

Ecthudan
Citizen

#10 Post by Ecthudan »

aitaituo wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:00 pm Does anyone else find the last panel a little ominous?
Yeah, Trace is really tempting fate there.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#11 Post by Eclipse »

Trace is obviously referring to Stoney being a companion for the baby. He seems to want Stoney to be a friend/protector like Nora was for him.
Ecthudan wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 5:47 pm Woah, has it ever happened before that a new comic was uploaded after only three days? Well, I sure ain't complaining.
I'm kind of not surprised because we had 2 weeks of no updates before the string of 3 we've had recently. I'm guessing Tom may have ran behind or something and managed to catch up somehow. IDK.

steelabjur
Council Member

#12 Post by steelabjur »

Tesla Foxtrot wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:16 am Is the giant stone lizard Sarias child or a companion for her and the child? (language barrier)
A companion for the child, like Nora was his companion as he was growing up with the Templars.

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Adira

#13 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

Gotta love Trace just loading up Chekhov's Gun in the last panel. Tom's thumb's on the hammer and it's pointed right at Flora's head -- now it's a question of "when" and "how", not "if", it goes off.

...that sentence made sense, right? xD
Grumpily succumbing to the moral imperative of tentacle-delivered pleasure like a good utilitarian :evil:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#14 Post by Bellhead »

JonahAndTheWolf wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:37 am Gotta love Trace just loading up Chekhov's Gun in the last panel. Tom's thumb's on the hammer and it's pointed right at Flora's head -- now it's a question of "when" and "how", not "if", it goes off.

...that sentence made sense, right? xD
'Bout as much sense as a flashing LED strobe warning sign on a road with no street lights. Enough to get the point across, while simultaneously making somebody tilt their head sideways. :P I kid, of course. Great analogy, but I think I'd add "pulling" in there. Works fine either way.

And yeah, somebody's heading for a serious beatdown, just a matter of who, where and when Trace will catch up to them.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

SilentYay
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Lady Nora

#15 Post by SilentYay »

Maybe this is just me being nit-picky, but the last panel is really just straight-up foreshadowing, not a chekhov's gun. A chekhov's gun is an unimportant object or detail that becomes important later. The classic example, and where the name comes from, is the idea that, if you have a gun hanging on a wall in one act, it needs to be used in a later act.