Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Comic for March 28, 2020: Stone Lick

#16 Post by Hecklerbird »

phpBB [video]

targetdrone
Traveler

#17 Post by targetdrone »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:31 am They'd fit right in in a circus as it is. Could you imagine walking down the street with THAT by your side? Might as well be holding a banner while shooting fireballs.
yeah, but it'll be a circus no matter the stone lizzard or not.... so why not just keep it? :P
Insert signature here

Eclipse
Templar Master

#18 Post by Eclipse »

I don't think it'll be coming along with Team A. Unless it can actually speak and interact with the characters through more than just "wark" and licking their faces, I don't think there's really much that can be done with it as a character. It might be good for an occasional gag or fight scene, but as a regular cast member so far it doesn't really have much to add to the story. Assuming the Estate survives, I think it and Rose stay there, maybe it could be called upon to help fight using the gate key, but that's about it.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#19 Post by Neutral Smith »

Weren't there a few sketches where it acted like some kind of dog? (Patreon? can't remember)

The last bit of action was a long time ago (with an angry Reni), maybe this stone thing is some good fodder. Likable, but fragile. And there is an attack incoming.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#20 Post by Cosmacelf »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:38 pm I don't think it'll be coming along with Team A. Unless it can actually speak and interact with the characters through more than just "wark" and licking their faces, I don't think there's really much that can be done with it as a character. It might be good for an occasional gag or fight scene, but as a regular cast member so far it doesn't really have much to add to the story. Assuming the Estate survives, I think it and Rose stay there, maybe it could be called upon to help fight using the gate key, but that's about it.
Maybe the guardian will be pressed into service to defeat Clovis’ attack on the manor.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#21 Post by Eclipse »

Cosmacelf wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:49 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:38 pm I don't think it'll be coming along with Team A. Unless it can actually speak and interact with the characters through more than just "wark" and licking their faces, I don't think there's really much that can be done with it as a character. It might be good for an occasional gag or fight scene, but as a regular cast member so far it doesn't really have much to add to the story. Assuming the Estate survives, I think it and Rose stay there, maybe it could be called upon to help fight using the gate key, but that's about it.
Maybe the guardian will be pressed into service to defeat Clovis’ attack on the manor.
I think there's a very strong possibility of that. Trace doesn't want it hurting his friends, but would probably be okay with it defending the Estate against Clovis' men (although he'd probably be less okay with it hurting them as brutally as it hurt Maddie). They'll probably be glad it's on their side now, they're going to need it.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#22 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Called it!
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Panther
Merchant

#23 Post by Panther »

steelabjur wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:14 am
Panther wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:34 am
Eclipse wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:58 am
Panther wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:35 am Is this "wark" meaning : "- Daddy" ? :nora:

This "golemed" female lizard is so cute :heart: :heart:
Female? Daddy? Well, that's a disturbing mental image, I had no idea that stone lizards were into that sort of thing.
What , "disturbing" ? All childs loves their parents , normally ; or a pet and the owner

About the "golem" : fast moves , so flexi tongue and eyes ; it's impossible for a stone creature . I think this is a female lizard been statue and surely brainwashed to become a guardian
The Stone Guardian is male. Also, the last time we saw Trace create something like the Guardian (the "Man-Made Dragon") it was pretty lively seeming too.
Look at the guardian head in the "wark" panel , and say to me if you see a male or female head ? For the "man-made dragon" , it was a summoning and not a creation
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

steelabjur
Council Member

#24 Post by steelabjur »

Neutral Smith wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:06 pm Weren't there a few sketches where it acted like some kind of dog? (Patreon? can't remember)

The last bit of action was a long time ago (with an angry Reni), maybe this stone thing is some good fodder. Likable, but fragile. And there is an attack incoming.
The Guardian has appeared in three sketches, Mistletoe Mistake, Stone Lick, and Sunbathing Servants.
Panther wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:52 am
Panther wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:35 am Is this "wark" meaning : "- Daddy" ? :nora:

This "golemed" female lizard is so cute :heart: :heart:
Female? Daddy? Well, that's a disturbing mental image, I had no idea that stone lizards were into that sort of thing.
What , "disturbing" ? All childs loves their parents , normally ; or a pet and the owner

About the "golem" : fast moves , so flexi tongue and eyes ; it's impossible for a stone creature . I think this is a female lizard been statue and surely brainwashed to become a guardian
The Stone Guardian is male. Also, the last time we saw Trace create something like the Guardian (the "Man-Made Dragon") it was pretty lively seeming too.
Look at the guardian head in the "wark" panel , and say to me if you see a male or female head ? For the "man-made dragon" , it was a summoning and not a creation
I didn't realize I was dealing with an expert in Dragon phrenology, I'll bow to your expertise and not bring up the fact that in two out of three of his non-canon appearances he was either addressed as male by another character, or dressed as a male.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#25 Post by Ddraig »

steelabjur wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:16 am
Neutral Smith wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:06 pm Weren't there a few sketches where it acted like some kind of dog? (Patreon? can't remember)

The Guardian has appeared in three sketches, Mistletoe Mistake, Stone Lick, and Sunbathing Servants.

I didn't realize I was dealing with an expert in Dragon phrenology, I'll bow to your expertise and not bring up the fact that in two out of three of his non-canon appearances he was either addressed as male by another character, or dressed as a male.
and definitely not bring up that he was referred to by Tom as male in at least one of the sketches' descriptions
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Emp_Dragon
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#26 Post by Emp_Dragon »

Ddraig wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:40 am
steelabjur wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:16 am

and definitely not bring up that he was referred to by Tom as male in at least one of the sketches' descriptions
Ah, but are we sure it's the exact same guardian as in the sketches? There may be half a dozen of them for all we know...

Panther
Merchant

#27 Post by Panther »

Ddraig wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:40 amand definitely not bring up that he was referred to by Tom as male in at least one of the sketches' descriptions
Well ; a perfectly flat chested female can wear only short without problems . For the "stone lick" sketch , Nora says "he" , OK ; but she means the guardian as a no gendered statue . So , by grammatical rule , the masculin beats the feminin in such case

Ddraig
Templar Master

#28 Post by Ddraig »

Panther wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:53 pm
Ddraig wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:40 amand definitely not bring up that he was referred to by Tom as male in at least one of the sketches' descriptions
Well ; a perfectly flat chested female can wear only short without problems . For the "stone lick" sketch , Nora says "he" , OK ; but she means the guardian as a no gendered statue . So , by grammatical rule , the masculin beats the feminin in such case
English doesn't have that grammatical rule. Technically, english doesn't have an ungendered single person article, but afaik common parlance used "it" up until the past couple decades (despite "it" nominally being a nonperson article) and "they" for the most recent couple decades (despite "they" nominally being a plural). If you don't know a person's gender, it is a common practice to assume male in most contexts, but that it a habit not a rule. Tom, however, does know the statue's gender (he's the artist, after all) and used "he".
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Warrl
Grand Templar

#29 Post by Warrl »

Ddraig wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:08 pmTechnically, english doesn't have an ungendered single person article, but afaik common parlance used "it" up until the past couple decades (despite "it" nominally being a nonperson article) and "they" for the most recent couple decades (despite "they" nominally being a plural).
Actually, "they" as neutral third person singular, while not popular until recently, has seen steady albeit infrequent use going back several centuries. (I still don't like it - but so far have seen nothing less ugly proposed in its place.)

"It" has been solidly third unperson singular for my entire life, which covers a good bit more than the last two decades (but not several centuries).

Panther
Merchant

#30 Post by Panther »

Ddraig wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:08 pmTom, however, does know the statue's gender (he's the artist, after all) and used "he".
What if Tom does it intentionally because he enjoys to see the members debate about such question ? :Lynn: