Comic for February 8th, 2020: Informal Proposal

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Stunner
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

Re: Comic for February 8th, 2020: Informal Proposal

#31 Post by Stunner »

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:10 am
Stunner wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:51 am As someone who asked their now-spouse to marry them in an unorthodox way, I feel that last panel. :mrgreen:
Yeah, had an unorthodox marriage just last weekend with my brother funnily enough.

His now wife was having her baby shower and my brother arranged for the whole family on both sides to be there so that he could propose in front of everyone, and then get married right then and there without nearly anyone aware beforehand. She wanted her wedding to be a surprise and he pulled it off. Took maybe a half hour to go from opening diaper gifts to cutting the cake, they just had to wait for the officiator he put on standby to arrive. :mrgrin:
That's pretty awesome, Mine wasn't quite so cool. But part of that is because I married a Catholic woman and with that comes a certain expectations for ceremony. I get the feeling the only reason her dad didn't kill me because of how I asked is because he liked me.

Which seems to be the case in this particular last panel, doesn't it? We just lack a protective personality for Flora. Where is Euchre these days...?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#32 Post by Bellhead »

Stunner wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:12 amWhich seems to be the case in this particular last panel, doesn't it? We just lack a protective personality for Flora. Where is Euchre these days...?
To be fair, Euchre might have thonked the back of his head for not asking his permission first. But assuming he was all proper about asking and all that, Euchre's reaction would probably be some sort of scowl or nod of disappointment.

Of course, if he had asked anyone about the traditional ways of doing things, he'd know better. Bit of a dunce, he is. :trace:
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

JohnTheWysard
Apprentice

#33 Post by JohnTheWysard »

Of course you should never ask someone to marry you unless you're confidant that they will say yes... but hey, Trace, it's still a QUESTION, not to be taken for granted1

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#34 Post by Hulk10 »

He was sure Flora would say yes and she did in a matter of speaking.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#35 Post by Ddraig »

JohnTheWysard wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:26 pm Of course you should never ask someone to marry you unless you're confidant that they will say yes... but hey, Trace, it's still a QUESTION, not to be taken for granted1
It was still phrased as a suggestion, not a statement or command, so it kind of counts?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#36 Post by Chicken Man »

Are there going to cosplayers proposing like this at the next furrycon?

:trace: Marry me!
:flora: Probably!

:natani: :keith: blush and avoid eye contact with each other.
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

Murphy

#37 Post by Murphy »

When she first spoke of marriage, it was almost as clumsy.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#38 Post by Bellhead »

Murphy wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:56 pm When she first spoke of marriage, it was almost as clumsy.
I'd say moreso. Then, he hasn't considered it at all, and was completely shocked. This time he was just embarrassed about his own cluelessness, and having let something so important go awry because of it.

Certainly doesn't hurt that he didn't blush and run.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.