Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: What made you smile today? Round 2!

#33766 Post by Insomniac »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:32 am
Insomniac wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:19 am Since my last post in this thread, I got a full time job as an unarmed security guard! I work 12 hour shifts at a food bank Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from five PM to five AM, and a four shift at a Marriott hotel on Friday to round out my 40 hour week. I haven't REALLY been this happy in AGES!
Congrats for the job man!
Woke up with my knees aching to high heaven, but I'm still happier than I've been in a long time, and my knees are feeling fine hours later.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#33767 Post by Bellhead »

I was going through my old pictures, deleting old stuff, and I found This old gem. Wonder why this never got colored...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#33768 Post by Insomniac »

The knowage that my first payday should be sometime this week has me smiling right now. The three twelve hour shifts in a row at the top of the week and one four hour shift at the end of it that leaves me feeling like a poached egg are about to all be worth it.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33769 Post by Bellhead »

Saw Ford vs Ferrari last weekend. Holy crap.

Might I just mention how insane it is that they won NASCAR in '66 with a 427 pushing 8000 rpm? :o :mrgreen: Edge of my seat the whole time. I'm still giddy about it.

The whole bureaucracy angle from the people up top was.. disturbingly realistic, and equally disturbingly well done. Also the creation of the car and the larger than life characters that made it happen was just incredible.

Also, my dog says hi. He sniffed the screen. :P
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#33770 Post by Insomniac »

My first payday at my new job! Though for some reason, my third week, with the pay being two weeks behind. I'm told it's normal for this company. Weekly pay, two weeks behind, for everyone. Not something I've ever experienced.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33771 Post by Warrl »

The place I worked before I retired, it was 10 days from the end of the pay period to payday. And we got paid every two weeks.

I think it probably dated back to when a significant portion of payroll processing was manual, and just had never been changed.

(Heck, when I started working there we had to do our timesheets on paper and someone else would then enter the stuff into the computer - eventually we got to enter them into the computer ourselves.)

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#33772 Post by Insomniac »

Warrl wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:45 am The place I worked before I retired, it was 10 days from the end of the pay period to payday. And we got paid every two weeks.

I think it probably dated back to when a significant portion of payroll processing was manual, and just had never been changed.

(Heck, when I started working there we had to do our timesheets on paper and someone else would then enter the stuff into the computer - eventually we got to enter them into the computer ourselves.)
My 30 year old self suddenly doesn't feel old anymore, so thanks for that <3 Meanwhile: After going to the DMV to get started on getting a Texas driver's license and waiting in a line for an hour without even getting inside, I decided to come back another day and get there before it opens, and had my garlic crackburger (Steak 'n Shake's Garlic Steakburger) before coming home. This burger is like...Joy, the love of your parents, orgasm, a pure love with your soulmate, and crack cocaine came together to be the best damn burger ever. The previous hour of nothing just...didn't seem to matter anymore when I walked into that heavenly restaurant. And it barely costs more than McDonald's!

mullac
Templar Inner Circle

#33773 Post by mullac »

Looking back in on the forum for the first time in years! Properly having a look around and seeing all the new faces. Remembering the hours I've spend on there and people i met (And lost contact with for the most part ) but its good to see its all still alive and well here! I do however feel that much older for being back :D
He who wanders....in and out of here every 6 months or so 8)

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33774 Post by Bellhead »

mullac wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:53 pm Looking back in on the forum for the first time in years! Properly having a look around and seeing all the new faces. Remembering the hours I've spend on there and people i met (And lost contact with for the most part ) but its good to see its all still alive and well here! I do however feel that much older for being back :D
Same here. I had that exact reaction when I came back too.

mullac
Templar Inner Circle

#33775 Post by mullac »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:33 pm
mullac wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:53 pm Looking back in on the forum for the first time in years! Properly having a look around and seeing all the new faces. Remembering the hours I've spend on there and people i met (And lost contact with for the most part ) but its good to see its all still alive and well here! I do however feel that much older for being back :D
Same here. I had that exact reaction when I came back too.
Thank the lords it not just me! That makes me feel a little bit less old, I was worried i would have to break out a pipe and slippers at this rate.
He who wanders....in and out of here every 6 months or so 8)

Warrl
Grand Templar

#33776 Post by Warrl »

mullac wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:05 pm Thank the lords it not just me! That makes me feel a little bit less old, I was worried i would have to break out a pipe and slippers at this rate.
I'm sort of old, and wearing slippers at the moment, but not into plumbing.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#33777 Post by Bellhead »

Guy who works next to me blasts a radio station from Trinidad all day, every day, and won't turn it down. I wear earbuds, with noise muffs over them. Listening to Dance Monkey at the moment, and all I hear over it is an impact gun pulsing to the exact beat of the song. I was perfectly happy and content.. for 4 seconds. It was beautiful.

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#33778 Post by puredeathly »

I just found a an old drawing kia made for us (the "perv box population" :P) quite a while ago while browsing the panel shuffle thread and it made my day |D
Spoiler!

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#33779 Post by DariusL »

puredeathly wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:36 am I just found a an old drawing kia made for us (the "perv box population" :P) quite a while ago while browsing the panel shuffle thread and it made my day |D
Spoiler!
I still have the older one RedDwarfIV made before that, when we outgrew the original cardboard box. I'm the one at the bottom, Red above me and the grey wolf was Gabriel of Creosha. Can't remember who the others were. Man, that takes me back, that was all the way back in 2013 :o
Spoiler!

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#33780 Post by Kellard »

puredeathly wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:36 am I just found a an old drawing kia made for us (the "perv box population" :P) quite a while ago while browsing the panel shuffle thread and it made my day |D
Spoiler!
Brb sending this to him

Also wow it's been a while since I last saw you