Comic for January 11, 2020: Liquid Courage Required

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

jacobc62
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for January 11, 2020: Liquid Courage Required

#61 Post by jacobc62 »

imalbert wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:09 pm
sivrel wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:29 am Somehow I am expecting Sythe and Maren to get into a situation mirroring the milk induced misunderstanding Trace found himself in when everyone plus a pizza delivering Tom barged in. If so would there be more meaningless battle?

Of course considering male and female relations how Tom handles Keidran anatomy would be particularly relevant as Maren may find herself uhm... staying close by Scythe for some time.
You do realize that is when the two of them first met.
And it would bring everything full circle! Plus, let's say a battle takes place and Red is the guy to go look for Sythe and/or Maren, and catches them together? He might fully commit to a relationship with Raine due to a whole "well if it's good enough for Maren, it's good enough for me!" revelation......

.... After the initial freak out, desire for therapy, and eventual acceptance that it happened, that is......
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

sivrel

#62 Post by sivrel »

Bringing things full circle was kind of the point with that post. Kinda find it weirdly appropriate to somehow use a mirroring call back with these two forming their own relationship. Supernatural pregnancy included. XD

And yes I am fully aware of that being when they first met.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#63 Post by Bellhead »

jacobc62 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:54 pm.... After the initial freak out, desire for therapy, and eventual acceptance that it happened, that is......
Indeed. She's willing to take the step, but doesn't know all the consequences. Don't jinx it, she only wants a good time.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#64 Post by Chicken Man »

Little Red Bikini Maren.

Make the jokes yourselves.
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#65 Post by Bellhead »

I've been staring at those two panels for over a week, and I've finally found the right subtext for Sythe's "so..." bubble!

"So.. you're welcome to see for yourself, if you want."

Just the right amount of forward, without a hint of sarcasm, and a touch of curiosity. If anyone has a better translation of two letters and an ellipsis, I'd be glad to discuss it. Just had to put this in here, before I forget it tomorrow morning.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#66 Post by CrRAR »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:15 am I've been staring at those two panels for over a week, and I've finally found the right subtext for Sythe's "so..." bubble!

"So.. you're welcome to see for yourself, if you want."
*Cue that one John Mayer song in particular*
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

PhooBar

#67 Post by PhooBar »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:15 am I've been staring at those two panels for over a week...

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#68 Post by Dadrobit »

PhooBar wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:54 pm
Bellhead wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:15 am I've been staring at those two panels for over a week...
Alas, Tom was just at a con which itself throws off the schedule. And unfortunately standard con procedure also calls for getting sick, so he's been recovering for the last few days.

PhooBar

#69 Post by PhooBar »

Dadrobit wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:57 amAlas, Tom was just at a con which itself throws off the schedule. And unfortunately standard con procedure also calls for getting sick, so he's been recovering for the last few days.
Yep, my bad.
Just read it on the Patreon page.
Patience (re)engaged.