Comic for January 4, 2020: Chicken Chaser

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

Comic for January 4, 2020: Chicken Chaser

#1 Post by AmigaDragon »

So, these transformations aren't so permanent,an attempt to kill appears to dispel them. How soon will Rose be aware of this? Brutus isn't giving too much thought as to where the egg came from, it's just food. Has anyone fed him anything yet since he awoke in the dungeon? How possessive is Roan about his egg? :mrgrin:
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for January 4, 2020: Chicken Chaser

#2 Post by tony1695 »

Roan is outside the cage, which is very significant. An enemy with potential free reign of the estate, assuming Rose doesn't pick up on this, is a very big problem.

I wonder if they were sent to rescue Brutus, or if they're operating outside the chain of command to rescue a friend.
Also, that last panel makes for a perfect reaction image.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3 Post by Bellhead »

tony1695 wrote: Roan is outside the cage, which is very significant.
Except I don't think he is, anymore. Brutus grabbed him and chomped, which would mean his leg, at least was inside the cage, and I don't see any bars between them.

And Rose will know. She knows everything. Integrated and unrestricted. She may well be looking for Reni right now, but more likely she's just keeping an eye on them.

Also, I'm pretty sure we already knew this to some extent, but Brutus is dumb as rocks. No wonder Clovis picked him for a personal assistant, he's not smart enough to betray him.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#4 Post by tony1695 »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:59 am
Except I don't think he is, anymore. Brutus grabbed him and chomped, which would mean his leg, at least was inside the cage, and I don't see any bars between them.
No, in panel 4 Brutus is clearly sticking his arms and head through the bars. Which actually raises the question of whether that cage he's in is even an effective prison.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#5 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Is it just me or does Roan look like a rat? :P
Something about those eyebrows...

Also I guess this reveals that those "Templar" who came to the estate were in fact wolves trying to free Brutus... I'm impressed by their acting, they really put on a good show of calling Keidran "filthy beasts" and referring to the wolf as "it"... and the fact that they know that Rose is "Trace's pet" means they did their research

Eclipse
Templar Master

#6 Post by Eclipse »

Had a feeling we'd be moving on from Sythe and Maren unfortunately. It's hard to come up with a followup for "Is there a drink in your room" that doesn't go into full on NSFW territory. That's usually something you end the scene on and let your imagination fill in the blanks.

Anyway, looks like [censored]'s about to hit the fan. Now not only is the estate being surrounded, but one of Clovis' men is actually free inside the estate. This party looks like it's about to be interrupted soon.

Tendo
Master

#7 Post by Tendo »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:51 am So, these transformations aren't so permanent,an attempt to kill appears to dispel them. How soon will Rose be aware of this? Brutus isn't giving too much thought as to where the egg came from, it's just food. Has anyone fed him anything yet since he awoke in the dungeon? How possessive is Roan about his egg? :mrgrin:
Bellhead wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:59 am And Rose will know. She knows everything. Integrated and unrestricted. She may well be looking for Reni right now, but more likely she's just keeping an eye on them.

Also, I'm pretty sure we already knew this to some extent, but Brutus is dumb as rocks. No wonder Clovis picked him for a personal assistant, he's not smart enough to betray him.
I mean, Rose was already somehow fused mentally with the estate in some way, and Trace recently releasing her limits apparently made that link significantly more powerful, to the point where she was able to shift things around and teleport people out of secure areas while she was on an entirely different room and floor by just concentrating. Not only am I certain she knows, but I woulden't be surprised if she was the one who undid the transformation, either just good timing on her part, or she could actually see what was happening and did it intentionally to prevent a prisoner who could yield potentially useful information from getting killed before they could be interrogated.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#8 Post by Insomniac »

Brutus being a cutie mcdoofus gives me life lol. Also, Roan's FACE in the last panel lol!
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#9 Post by Bellhead »

tony1695 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:05 am
Bellhead wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:59 am
No, in panel 4 Brutus is clearly sticking his arms and head through the bars. Which actually raises the question of whether that cage he's in is even an effective prison.
Ah, missed that. And yeah, why is he able to stick his entire head through there?

For simplicity's sake, I'll just assume the "cage" part of that cage is magically enforced. :roll:
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by BadJoke »

That last expressions is perfect. The exact middle between "Seriously? You think we have time for that?" and "Urg, man! That thing got out of my [censored] turned reproductive canal in a species/gender forced transition! If conservation of mass applies, it's been made out of my own body mater!"

And now we will follow Eyebrows and Dumber trying to find a way to escape the innumerable dirty tricks Rose will use on them just for fun... Unless she is too busy using her powers to check out Sythe and Maren banging.

Also, Tom wrote on his twitter account that Roan is the one who tried to incinerate Maeve with a fire ball. (Do what you want with that information.)
AmigaDragon wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:51 amSo, these transformations aren't so permanent,an attempt to kill appears to dispel them.
Seems like a retcon.

That's surprisingly nice. I'm sure Old!Trace would have felt personally insulted if there had any risk of his magical defenses NOT inflicting a fate worth than death. Heck, he'd surely start eating even MORE roasted chicken after having the trap installed. And Rose, with her "we could use the eggs", seemed to think it really was definitive...

Unless Nora is more considerate and cautious than he though she was, and she made sure to add a few safety locks so the trap would result in nothing more than a scary prank and a temporary bad time, while lying to the two psychos to make sure they would not try to find a loop hole around that.
Who knows, maybe she did spend a long time around Trace after his "fall", to reign him a bit and prevent the worst from happening.
AndreRhineDavis wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:50 am Is it just me or does Roan look like a rat? :P
Something about those eyebrows...

Also I guess this reveals that those "Templar" who came to the estate were in fact wolves trying to free Brutus... I'm impressed by their acting, they really put on a good show of calling Keidran "filthy beasts" and referring to the wolf as "it"... and the fact that they know that Rose is "Trace's pet" means they did their research
Probably a retcon too.

Through it's also possible the true templars they're working with filled them with some info (While staying silent about the potential dangers, because who cares if they die? They're beasts anyway. And the less survive, the less you'll have to pay and the less you'll risk having any "info leaks" later on.)

Also they proved to be talented actors before. They were quite convincing, even for us readers, when they attacked the city under templar disguise.

... In both cases, I'll go with the old benefit of the doubt.
Bellhead wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:31 pmAh, missed that. And yeah, why is he able to stick his entire head through there?
Probably because if the bars had been drawn with a more realistic spacing the action would have been harder to depict and the gag harder to understand. It's a visual shortcut, like Natani displaying a black eye after sparing with Keith when he's, you know, covered in fur.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by SpottedKitty »

Insomniac wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:18 pm Also, Roan's FACE in the last panel lol!
"Wolf.exe has encountered a stoopid input and has crashed. Restart? Y/N" :twisted:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#12 Post by AmigaDragon »

Since these wolves are the only ones present (no humans, basitins or dragons), I see Tom has decided to not use <> to bracket the dialogue (or just forgot). While Roan might possibly know other languages, I kinda doubt Brutus does, otherwise he might have said something more than "hey" to Karen (the only one not speaking keidran or telepathically).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#13 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:26 am Since these wolves are the only ones present (no humans, basitins or dragons), I see Tom has decided to not use <> to bracket the dialogue (or just forgot). While Roan might possibly know other languages, I kinda doubt Brutus does, otherwise he might have said something more than "hey" to Karen (the only one not speaking keidran or telepathically).
I literally just noticed this and was about to comment it but you beat me to it :)

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#14 Post by AmigaDragon »

BTW, I'm reading that last question as an omega asking a beta or higher if he can have food, with no thought given to who it came out of. How embarrassed or revolted might Roan be about laying an egg? :mrgreen:

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#15 Post by Yastreb »

tony1695 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:29 am Roan is outside the cage, which is very significant. An enemy with potential free reign of the estate, assuming Rose doesn't pick up on this, is a very big problem.
Cage that is made to hold humans or Keidran can't exactly stop a chicken. But I bet the dungeons have more than one layer of security.
AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:26 am Since these wolves are the only ones present (no humans, basitins or dragons), I see Tom has decided to not use <> to bracket the dialogue (or just forgot). While Roan might possibly know other languages, I kinda doubt Brutus does, otherwise he might have said something more than "hey" to Karen (the only one not speaking keidran or telepathically).
Tom often omits < > if everybody is speaking Keidran. There are countless pages like that.