Magic translation

Got a question? Ya just gotta ask! Go on, ask about anything.

Moderator: Moderators

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

Magic translation

#1 Post by AmigaDragon »

Back when Zen attacked team B, Raine was hearing him speaking keidran while the others (or at least Red) were hearing human. Did Natani somehow make or find a translation spell for a language she doesn't know? Did her illusion somehow tap into her and Zen's link, creating a telepathic overlay of verbal intent the same way dragons' telepathy works across languages?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Magic translation

#2 Post by Bellhead »

Entirely possible. I think it's more likely that Raine's innate ability saw through Zen's illusion just as it did Carver's, part of which was making it appear as though they were speaking human. Also, if I remember, Zen can understand human well, but is only fairly proficient in speaking it, hence he had to swap a few words in the explanation on Clovis.

Illusions are, after all, all about altering one's perception of something. Also magic, so anything's possible and I could be dead wrong.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.