Comic for December 10th, 2019: It's Time to Party!

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Re: Comic | December 10th, 2019 | It's Time to Party!

#16 Post by CrRAR »

steelabjur wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:34 am
Loveknowsbest wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:13 pm Karen must have a magical bikini on since it changed color. Its green in the first panel and pink in the third.
And blue in the panel with Raine where she walked into the wall.
Esn wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:49 pmKaren's bikini is 3 different colours on 3 different panels. Definitely magical.
Yes, most certainly a request from the summoning table I'd wager. When? Dunno, but I wouldn't put it past Karen.

About deceptive objects... whatever force has been unsealed in that Rose room makes me wonder that if the Oasis room can be a place of wonders, should control fall into the hands of another, it could also then be used for more hostile purposes. The day at the beach could completely flip nightmarishly rather quickly, and everyone's (mostly) naked. D: D: D:

If those wall fountains begin flowing red... beachtime is OVER. xD *hurried dash to the hallway* *door slams* :shock: :shock: :shock:

Gonna have to change that plaque outside the door.
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#17 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

CrRAR wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:53 am
steelabjur wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:34 am
Loveknowsbest wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:13 pm Karen must have a magical bikini on since it changed color. Its green in the first panel and pink in the third.
And blue in the panel with Raine where she walked into the wall.
Esn wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:49 pmKaren's bikini is 3 different colours on 3 different panels. Definitely magical.
Yes, most certainly a request from the summoning table I'd wager. When? Dunno, but I wouldn't put it past Karen.

About deceptive objects... whatever force has been unsealed in that Rose room makes me wonder that if the Oasis room can be a place of wonders, should control fall into the hands of another, it could also then be used for more hostile purposes. The day at the beach could completely flip nightmarishly rather quickly, and everyone's (mostly) naked. D: D: D:

If those wall fountains begin flowing red... beachtime is OVER. xD *hurried dash to the hallway* *door slams* :shock: :shock: :shock:

Gonna have to change that plaque outside the door.
So what you're saying is, the Oasis Room is basically the holodeck. xP

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for December 10th, 2019: It's Time to Party!

#18 Post by tony1695 »

Safe to say that Clovis and Brahn's team (no doubt they're collaborating to some degree here) are up to no good.
But why attack the estate? Apart from it being part of the plan to begin with, what with powerful magical items surely being present, there might be another purpose. Clovis was never meant to lose Brutus. There's every possibility this attack doubles as a rescue mission, given Brutus's position in Clovis's inner circle. Or they simply want to silence Brutus themselves to make sure he can't spill any secrets. The schedule may be being rushed here.
And I'm willing to bet that at least some of the wolves are gonna be those from the wolfpen. Whether they are entirely willing...

As for the amulet from that page? Brahn was part of Evil!Trace's inner circle, even if he planned to betray him from day one. He'd be at least aware of the defences. He'd know what to plan around, what contingencies to prepare.

One thing they can't account for is Rose being unshackled. They'd have no reason to expect it. I wouldn't be surprised if her original directives were to always keep intruders alive no matter what (can't interrogate a corpse).
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Chicken Man
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The pizza

#19 Post by Chicken Man »

It seems whatever was hiding in that room is about to emerge.

What is the twist?

Perhaps it is evil Trace. Perhaps it is a corruption that made Trace evil. Perhaps it is what the user wants to see, have, or be, and gives visions of the fulfillment of ones deepest desires only to consume and control the observer that succumbs.

Whatever it is should be fun!
I'll cross the road and cluck with you.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#20 Post by Bellhead »

Thank my lack of coordination in the morning, but has anyone else noticed that this crack in the window isn't shown in the sketch version? It's probably cosmetic if that's the case. I'd call that good news since whatever this is seems to be contained still. Still creepy and nightmare inducing, but contained.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

greywolf
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#21 Post by greywolf »

In the lower right corner behind the red gem there is something on the wall with 3 red dots, I'm wondering if that's just background or a significant detail for some security system.

Emp_Dragon
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#22 Post by Emp_Dragon »

Another thought, what if that crystal cracking is a magical reflection of Traces mental state, that the crack happened when Trace fell unconcious and some kind of connection to an enchantment kept within that crystal tied to his evil personality broke.

Perhaps some kind of power focus which was created to dam enough mana to bring back Saria, and that Trace, in his grief and desperation dismissed the probability of the enchantment corrupting him in turn as it stored ever more mana...

And if Clovis knows or have discovered that it exists and is still active or close to full capacity, it would be an irresistible urge to seize that enormous mana capacitator for his own ambitions at any and every cost.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#23 Post by Bellhead »

greywolf wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:21 pm In the lower right corner behind the red gem there is something on the wall with 3 red dots, I'm wondering if that's just background or a significant detail for some security system.
The page transcript is below the comic. The dots is an unknown character skulking.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#24 Post by Warrl »

Rafe wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:15 pmSythe wondering about Mrs. Nibbly who appears through the sky light,
For a moment I thought Mrs. Nibbly had a friend with her, but on closer examination I think it's just her tail.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#25 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I have nothing to add but:

Ya les cayó el chahuistle.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Warrl
Grand Templar

#26 Post by Warrl »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:52 am I have nothing to add but:

Google Translate tells me this is Spanish for "they already dropped the chahuistle".

There's something a bit... lacking... in that translation.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#27 Post by Neutral Smith »

Warrl wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:28 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:52 am I have nothing to add but:

Google Translate tells me this is Spanish for "they already dropped the chahuistle".

There's something a bit... lacking... in that translation.
Not lacking, just a case of https://theculturetrip.com/north-americ ... n-english/
What it actually means: It can either mean ‘caught red handed’ or that someone has put a stop to your plans. ‘Ya nos cayó el chahuistle’ is one of those phrases so intricately linked to Mexican culture that it’s unlikely to be understood by other Spanish speakers – ‘chahuistle’ is a type of fungus that attacks the corn plant and the word has its roots in Nahuatl.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Esn
New Citizen

#28 Post by Esn »

tony1695 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:31 am One thing they can't account for is Rose being unshackled. They'd have no reason to expect it. I wouldn't be surprised if her original directives were to always keep intruders alive no matter what (can't interrogate a corpse).
They wouldn't have accounted for Raine, either. Carver was surprised by her presence and never got back with the news to Clovis. Assuming Nibbly is not on the same side, which seems unlikely considering her fight with Carver (although it's possible that Nibbly is connected to Brahn in some way, considering she started tagging along with them shortly after they escaped Brahn's men... Other possibilities are that Nibbly is a shapeshifted Nora, or Euchre). But in any case, Nibbly didn't see Raine breaking Trace's slave collar.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#29 Post by BadJoke »

I just hope Tom worked up something a bit better than last times. Because he clearly has two big flaws when it comes to writing his story: planning in the long run and making functional villains. And here we're heading towards a mix of the two... ouch.

Tom is a "panster" as they say. He writes the plot as he goes (it's pretty visible if you consider how much change has been made by comparison to where the story started from, and how the patreon commissions seem to affect the main story through plot and background details), which is not a bad thing in itself, it makes for very good characterization and development, which is why the more "social" part of the comic is so captivating. But when it comes to planning an actual plot... it's bad.
And so we end up with nebulous antagonists, heroes getting away of the main conflict (they're literally running away from the war), a lack of clarity about Natani's case (which may be partially responsible for the "forum wars" that unfold every time his/her identity is brought upon), an integration of Zen in group B who was very clumsy, a travel on boat far too long (when some of the character development on it could have been used for later times, on land), a hard to follow and lengthy zigzagging between characters in the manor (not dissimilar on what happened with the boat precisely)...

The villains... can any of us name a villain that, in 16 years, did anything interesting or plot relevant? The only ones worth mentioning are the basitin generals and Carver (and while interesting the later can't be called "exceptional" by any means), and none of them are Templars themselves. All we have as the great antagonistic force is a bunch of guys in shadows that put in action convoluted plans conveniently out of sigh so we can't see the holes in it... We just had the master Seer execute that whole false flag affair, of questionable interest (were the tigers so predisposed to say no that you needed to take such a risk as pulling out such plan? Because being discovered would been having them definitely turning against you...) and big risk taking (politically, but also personally, you don't put yourself close to a massive clawed person who will consider you a menace to take down the moment your plan is in motion; what if she hadn't believed him after she grabbed him and killed or wounded him?).

Frankly, last time we saw our antagonists enact any plan, it was to send two dummies ring at the door of the magically protected mansion of Trace Legacy (aka "Sauron Adolf the First")... two guys far too weak to do anything against group A alone if they ever managed to get in, but still Templars, powerful troops hardly replaceable (when you have mercenary wolves you could send in), when the master seer is supposed to know Old!Trace pretty well (no need to test the defenses). [Unless of course said guys were wolves in disguise...]

PS: Red is probably uneasy because Sythe is hugging him while naked. He can't be outdrinked by Natani, keidrans have a very weak alcohol resistance (unless he really can't handle it).
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#30 Post by AmigaDragon »

Socializing with all these "fleabags" should help reduce Red's racism to tolerable levels (and Raine's second form (and between) is a big help in working at it). Sythe has pretty much forgotten it for now and Maren just has to admit that they aren't so bad (perhaps that she even likes Sythe). Karen is perhaps one of the most accepting of them.

I see Flora is retracting her claws now, just slapping Eric (can we get her a squirt bottle? :mrgrin: ).

After spiking Mike in the face/chest/whatever like that, did Karen run over to apologize and help him up? While competitive (obvious from the big spike), she's not mean. Maren is a bit amused, though I don't think necessarily mean either.
Esn wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:49 pm Is that a snorkeling tube next to Raine?
From the yellow in the water, was thinking maybe Eric's blond hair but it is too far away from the tube, unless it's a foot or more long before a 90 degree bend up. I have no other ideas what/who it is (wouldn't Raine notice if her bikini bottom were missing? ...I'll just meet you over there in the box).

Other than a suggestion from Brahn, I can't think of much reason for Clovis to be attacking or sneaking into the mansion, unless there's a strong enough attachment to Brutus to want him back. From what we've heard, I doubt it's for his brains, he doesn't strike me as that bright.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen