Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3736 Post by IHeartMaeve »

BadFoMo wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:17 pm Also, we have this image.
Wow. She's pulling a Mimikyu. Hope she appears in the comic proper at some point!

("Pull a Mimikyu" meaning that seeing her true form is fatal in one way or another, so she has a disguise of some sort to counteract that, forming a heart-wrenchingly tragic backstory in the process.)
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

vevans0009
New Citizen

#3737 Post by vevans0009 »

Willow looks GORGEOUS!

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#3738 Post by IHeartMaeve »

vevans0009 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:38 pm Willow looks GORGEOUS!
And she's now in color!

...I admit, the colors were nothing like I imagined. I guess that'll teach me to imagine colors solely based on shapes.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#3739 Post by Shockwave07 »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:17 pm
And she's now in color!

...I admit, the colors were nothing like I imagined. I guess that'll teach me to imagine colors solely based on shapes.
Yeah, I thought she'd be more Basitin colored (golden yellow), and did not see the eye color coming!

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#3740 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Shockwave07 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:15 am
IHeartMaeve wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:17 pm
And she's now in color!

Yeah, I thought she'd be more Basitin colored (golden yellow), and did not see the eye color coming!
Well, according to Tom via my own Patreon comment conversations with him, I wasn't entirely wrong, seeing as the friend she is mentioned to have had (and now takes the form of) was actually closer to the standard lion colors, and her current color pattern is basically the result of a Keidran form taken by a Will-o'-the-wisp (which, if anyone wasn't keeping up, is her true form according to a conversation in the sketch detailing her backstory).

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3741 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3742 Post by Ddraig »

Thumbnail for Halfkinds Kiss: Image
Image Image Image
First one is Fitting Room, a remake of a daily sketch from Feb 2018 (And Nat's always been a character I've been partial to, so I certainly don't mind)
The uncolored one is a remake of an old sketch from 2010 (also her eyes are the only thing colored made me think it was Nora playing tricks again at first)
Sort of Bonus: Laura Ref Sheet

Also, did you know Tom has uploaded the sketch thumbnails for the next 6 days?
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#3743 Post by Tetrahedron »

https://www.patreon.com/posts/30562104

Are you kidding me? You look awesome!
Reni, I would appreciate it.

Just one question... How did he work out the Problem with his trousers and his tail?

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3744 Post by aitaituo »

Probably just an illusion spell.

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#3745 Post by Tetrahedron »

Tetrahedron wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:58 pm https://www.patreon.com/posts/30562104

Are you kidding me? You look awesome!
Reni, I would appreciate it.

Just one question... How did he work out the Problem with his trousers and his tail?
aitaituo wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:16 am Probably just an illusion spell.
Maybe...
But maybe:
Alice, wait! One more thing. Get me a tailor. Preferably one, who has experience with Keiren, ah, I meant Keidran clothes. My trousers are hanging on my knees...

Yastreb
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#3746 Post by Yastreb »

Laura Ref Sheet says she is flat-chested, but still her chest looks bigger than in the comic.

greywolf
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#3747 Post by greywolf »

I really like the last several daily pics. Half kind kiss is one of the best. That being said, kei as a lion is a riot. There could be a multi panel mini comic on this adventure. (Pretty please with sugar on top make a mini comic).
Could be something like:
Kei rubs Reni's doggy tummy, Reni gets excited and panics, loosing her focus and turns back into a dragon suddenly. When she does so she accidentally knocks him into a mud puddle (or something funnier) and gets even more flustered
"Oh captain in so sorry let me help you clean up" but alas her flustered magic goofs and poof his clothes disappear.
"Ahhh captain your naked! I'm so sorry that's not what I meant to do! Let me try again!"
Add a few messed up transformations and he stops her at lion guard captain.
Kei trying to control his temper, "princess Reni, this isn't working, let's just take a time out and think this through. I have another patrol to go one soon." Looking down the road he spots Reed. "Lt Reed I have a situation to handle here....."

What would happen next? Any ideas

Warrl
Grand Templar

#3748 Post by Warrl »

My biggest gripe with Keiren is his name. As little respect for keidren as most humans seem to have, nobody would come that close to naming a kid after the species.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3749 Post by Ddraig »

Tuna

I didn't realize just how much I used that ear scar to recognize Keith until I saw him without it
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#3750 Post by Shockwave07 »

https://www.patreon.com/posts/30562162

Trick or Treat Roselyn

...Though I can't help but think of her giving the kids red lyrium... Yeah, Dragon Age corrupt magic stones.