Comic for September 14, 2019: The Unfortunate Request

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for September 14, 2019: The Unfortunate Request

#16 Post by Rafe »

Kelden wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:16 am Okay, I haven't posted here or even logged in, in *ages*, but I just had to toss in...

How will Red react when he realizes what method they've been using to try to help her learn to control her transformations? I can't imagine he'll approve of Raine being put in a slave collar like that, whatever the reason!
...unless he finds that Raine will have to do what he commands as well.

Letting him discover that could be a whole new comic adventure in itself. He might not even believe Raine if she tells him. He's skeptical enough that he'd have to try it out for himself - and malevolent enough that he'd probably want to have some harmless (but embarrassing) fun at Raine's expense.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#17 Post by AmigaDragon »

He's been standing outside the door the whole time and hearing much if not all of it.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Eclipse
Templar Master

#18 Post by Eclipse »

Rafe wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:18 pm ...unless he finds that Raine will have to do what he commands as well.

Letting him discover that could be a whole new comic adventure in itself. He might not even believe Raine if she tells him. He's skeptical enough that he'd have to try it out for himself - and malevolent enough that he'd probably want to have some harmless (but embarrassing) fun at Raine's expense.
Yeah, if Raine doesn't immediately overcome the collar in the next panel, I could see this being a running gag. It'd be hard for him to resist having his crush do anything he wants. He'd probably have the heart not to ask her to do anything too pervy, but I could see his orders getting very PG-13.

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#19 Post by Tetrahedron »

"Raine! Bring me some beer!"

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#20 Post by Neutral Smith »

Why not the simple command of 'change back'? If the collar works on the subconscious mind forcing the bearer to do the thing that might be the trick. Maybe Red Haired Guy is going to blurt that out.

8<-----------------------------------------------------
Tetrahedron wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:14 pm "Raine! Bring me some beer!"
* Raine brings in a stale Bud Light, the only beer available in the mansion *
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Cinnibar
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21 Post by Cinnibar »

Ok, so I'm assuming now that Rose is not Keidran even in wolf-form. I somehow doubt the collars are supposed to allow other Keidran to give orders (such as 'take off your collar', 'run away', 'Sit!'). Any human yes, Keidran no.

greywolf
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#22 Post by greywolf »

So there is still a chance that the silver haired wolf will go to the beach? Sweet. She needs a bit to unwind and have fun like everyone else. :D

Rafe
Council Member

#23 Post by Rafe »

Neutral Smith wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:01 pm Why not the simple command of 'change back'? If the collar works on the subconscious mind forcing the bearer to do the thing that might be the trick. Maybe Red Haired Guy is going to blurt that out.

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#24 Post by Tetrahedron »

Rafe wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:36 pm
Neutral Smith wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:01 pm
*Raine brings fine craft beer
*Red pets Raine
Red: Goodest girl!

AkiraWolf98

#25 Post by AkiraWolf98 »

Well Played Rose. Well Played.

Based on the new sparks and lack of the immediate compliance we saw with the earlier commands, even if she ultimately fails to resist the command, she has finally demonstrated some measure of resistance to the commands. Which is exactly what they were trying to find.
Neutral Smith wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:01 pm Why not the simple command of 'change back'? If the collar works on the subconscious mind forcing the bearer to do the thing that might be the trick. Maybe Red Haired Guy is going to blurt that out.
Even if that does work, it defeats the purpose of the exercise. Raine wants to learn how to control her transformation and she can’t always wear the collar. I’d expect that Rose would express disapproval if Raine does try to rely on the collar to control her transformation.
Q - “Isn’t there some ordinance against burying anything in your backyard?”

A - “I think they frown on burying ordnance in your backyard.”

HSishi
Citizen

#26 Post by HSishi »

Oh, these fine details ... the collar sparkling on the try to fulfil Rose's order to hand out the top and Raine's resistance to do that right in front of Red. Mean move, Rose, but causes quite a motivation to resist the collar.
So, the WORST thing Red could do now is turn around out of politeness, causing Raine to loose her focus on resisting the command of exposing herself. He actually should count 1+1 together and make :shock: eyes.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#27 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I always thought Rose was gonna end a beloving aunt for Raine. After all they are the only family they have left. At least on speaking terms. But I find this too mean spirited. I think we left the "tough love" long ago and now Rose is simply having fun at Raine's expense.
In any case is not that bad: I do not think she will go as far as to order her to go to the others naked. And I doubt Red is the kind of guy that takes advantage of such situation.
So best case scenario she actually resist worst case Red gives Raine his shirt so he doesn't have to walk around naked.

Anyhow maybe, just maybe, Rose did this by mistake. After all I can't imagine she spends every day ordering slave keidran around and this migth be a simple slip of the tongue. Also she barely knows Raine at all, and she definitely doesn't know she really hates to be naked, but who doesn't,? In any case she has no reason to expect any overly negative reaction to her command.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

HSishi
Citizen

#28 Post by HSishi »

Rose does nothing by mistake.

Raine grew up as female human. Rose pretty sure knows humans (well, most) do not like to walk around naked and females dislike to be even just topless in public. It's simply not accepted by society, similar to our civilization.
So being ordered to undress infront of Red is uncomfortable enough to cause resistance.

But maybe Rose went too far and we'll see a disintegrating collar on the next comic page :) .

(out of topic)
Am I the only one missing a "Rose" smily in the Characters Smily set?

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#29 Post by SpottedKitty »

HSishi wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:43 pm But maybe Rose went too far and we'll see a disintegrating collar on the next comic page :) .
I can't decide which we'll see going <tilt> in the next page; the collar, Raine's brain, or Red's brain. :shock:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

greywolf
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#30 Post by greywolf »

I feel that no matter the outcome, top less Raine or not, Red's brain will overload and blue screen like a laptop