Comic for August 10, 2019: Mind Manipulation

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Eclipse
Templar Master

Comic for August 10, 2019: Mind Manipulation

#1 Post by Eclipse »

So whatever she saw in the door was removed from her memory altogether. Old Trace and Rose really don't want people getting in there.

Also, Karen's inviting Reni to a party? That won't go well. Reni and parties go together like oil and water.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Re: Comic for August 10, 2019: Mind Manipulation

#2 Post by CrRAR »

Hehehe. That's adorable. Reni, you're just a treasure.

Yes Maddie, naked. Naked. everywhere. Who knew there could be such (Basitin-grade) indecency in such a sophisticated place. Funny how that works. Find Lynn Maddie, he'll keep you safe.

The room stays a mystery for now, at least whatever the entity is has the decency enough to spare the youngins, even let em off easy with some blanked memories and a healthy desire to not go back there. Thanks creepy hallway person! How very courteous. :3

Now, on to the beach. With Syyyyythe. :karen:
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#3 Post by Cosmacelf »

Mrs. Nibbly is still terrified of Reni for some reason...

Rafe
Council Member

#4 Post by Rafe »

I assume Maddie's "Naked!" comment refers to someone she saw when she took a peek through the door in the previous panel. Looks like she immediately spun around and put her back to the door. Must have been Mike or Evals.

Poor Reni. I think she's genuinely surprised that someone would invite her along just to have fun. Being a revered Dragon Princess I imagine she's almost never had people treat her as just a normal friend.

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#5 Post by Sky Shatter »

I'm convinced Mrs Nibbly is a dragon, and every little curiosity that arises with her only seems to confirm it further.

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#6 Post by Tetrahedron »

Yes, Reni, go to the beach!
And invite that certain city guard captain!
He has to come to the castle for the interrogation anyways.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#7 Post by Schrodinger »

Is everyone ready for a beach episode? Because I'm sensing a beach episode in the future.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by BadJoke »

CrRAR wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:48 am The room stays a mystery for now, at least whatever the entity is has the decency enough to spare the youngling, even let em off easy with some blanked memories and a healthy desire to not go back there. Thanks creepy hallway person! How very courteous. :3
That or the mind spell is an automated defense system, we don't know for sure the entity is "conscious" (and let's not forget they were going to be killed by the guardian, them being sent away was not planned...).

With all that people get excited for the beach episode while I'm waiting for Rose to answer many questions. Mysteries are staking here.
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#9 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Awwwww Reni has friends :3 :3 :3
That's so adorable :D

Also yeah, more not-so-subtle hints that something is up with Nibbly, with her actively avoiding and hiding from Reni.
I don't know is she is a *dragon* or not, but given that Nora in TDM was able to "read souls" and see connections between souls, it's certainly plausible that Reni could notice if Nibbly is not an ordinary squirrel.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#10 Post by Eclipse »

Tetrahedron wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:56 am Yes, Reni, go to the beach!
And invite that certain city guard captain!
He has to come to the castle for the interrogation anyways.
Reni would die of embarrassment if he showed up.

Panther
Merchant

#11 Post by Panther »

BadJoke wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:21 am
CrRAR wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:48 am The room stays a mystery for now, at least whatever the entity is has the decency enough to spare the youngling, even let em off easy with some blanked memories and a healthy desire to not go back there. Thanks creepy hallway person! How very courteous. :3
That or the mind spell is an automated defense system, we don't know for sure the entity is "conscious" (and let's not forget they were going to be killed by the guardian, them being sent away was not planned...)
I continue to think that's the real Rose in this room , and nothing having been said until today makes me change my mind ........... (;_;)

OMG ; Reni , can you stop to blush each time someone makes a proposal to you ? :heart:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

JDEzekude
Traveler

Mind Manipulation - Risk of Reni Off-Duty

#12 Post by JDEzekude »

Ah, this isn't good. If Reni accepts her invitation into the Oasis Room, this'll leave the entire manor vulnerable to ambush. Reni is treasured as the "Ace of Edinmire" after all. Without her, both the town and the manor would be sitting ducks.
JDEzekude

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#13 Post by Cosmacelf »

Panther wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:55 pm
BadJoke wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:21 am
That or the mind spell is an automated defense system, we don't know for sure the entity is "conscious" (and let's not forget they were going to be killed by the guardian, them being sent away was not planned...)
I continue to think that's the real Rose in this room , and nothing having been said until today makes me change my mind ........... (;_;)

OMG ; Reni , can you stop to blush each time someone makes a proposal to you ? :heart:
Yeah, I agree, it is probably the real Rose in that room. All else is an illusion. That’s how she can appear as soon as you mention her. And now she doesn’t have restrictions...

steelabjur
Council Member

Re: Mind Manipulation - Risk of Reni Off-Duty

#14 Post by steelabjur »

JDEzekude wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:25 pm Ah, this isn't good. If Reni accepts her invitation into the Oasis Room, this'll leave the entire manor vulnerable to ambush. Reni is treasured as the "Ace of Edinmire" after all. Without her, both the town and the manor would be sitting ducks.
Well, the manor is protected by Trace's magic, and it's not like Reni is going to the other side of the world.

Also, Reni seems to think the magic that was used to remove the memory and influence the minds of the girls to prevent them from going back was "dark magic".

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Mind Manipulation - Risk of Reni Off-Duty

#15 Post by tony1695 »

steelabjur wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:41 pm Also, Reni seems to think the magic that was used to remove the memory and influence the minds of the girls to prevent them from going back was "dark magic".
Could just be a blanket term used to refer to any magic that manipulates the mind/soul. Even if the purpose is benign or benevolent, such magic likely has so many associated risks.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD