Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#1 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Sketch link

Man, basitin must be made of solid iron. Anyone else would have broken ribs *and* internal injuries after that, and here she is with just a bruise. A nasty-looking one, for sure, but she's still up and walking around when she ought to be passed out in the infirmary.

And then we have Reni and Karen being adorable as usual. Nasty wolf terrorist who was bombarding the town with fireballs just the other day? Gotta cheerfully wave hi to him! It's still weird to me sometimes that Tom has managed to make a dragon such an adorkable character. It's so cute. :grin:

Also also, that wolf's name is actually significant - that's not just any old wolf, that's Clovis's second-in-command. (I mean, yeah, sketches aren't necessarily canon, but it'd be a hell of a coincidence, especially given the fur pattern matching too.) I wonder just how much he knows...

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for June 29th, 2019: Checking on the Prisoner(s)

#2 Post by aitaituo »

Basitin endurance is indeed incredible. I would not want to get in a fight with one.

This is a fun, light-hearted page.

Rafe
Council Member

#3 Post by Rafe »

I assume Reni telepathically sensed Maddie's injury, given that Reni pulled her shirt up out of concern. I take it that means she's still in some significant pain and can't stop thinking about how much it hurts, even if she can suppress it for now.

From what little we've seen of him, Brutus doesn't seem like a particularly nasty or evil wolf.
Maybe choosing that name is a kind of foreshadowing. After all, the original historical Brutus ended up killing his boss.
And whatever that is around his neck is still there. I still wonder if it has magic significance.

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#4 Post by CrRAR »

Oh Reni you so precious when you're petrified with fear. Don't ever change. :heart:

Hmmm, I potentially see an amusing catalyst for furthering the Eric x Kat narrative. What if Kat and Brutus meet, what if they're introduced when she learns there's SOMEONE to cook up food for in lieu of Rose providing prisoner rations who's now distracted with Raine... despite being imprisoned he's handsome and - to her amusement - kinda doofy. Through the bars maybe they get to talking.

(Brutus: "Sweet beasts of the forest, this food's AMAZING!")
*shouts over his shoulder, taking another generous bite*
("Sorry there magic chicky I EVER *gulp* thought of eating you!")

(Chicken: *still horrified* "D:")
(Kat: ":D")

He's flattering and also adorable, and unlike Natani, available...and forbidden. :twisted: I mean she seems eager to cling considering that interaction. (sorry Zen, Kat just doesn't like, like you) ;_;

What if this triggers Eric's protective instincts, fearful of her consorting with a "terrorist". He could go to extreme lengths to protect her. Maybe he wouldn't care, but for all you Eric x Kat shippers out there maybe a roundabout glimmer of hope? :3
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#5 Post by Technic[Bot] »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:40 am -snip-
Man, basitin must be made of solid iron. Anyone else would have broken ribs *and* internal injuries after that, and here she is with just a bruise. A nasty-looking one, for sure, but she's still up and walking around when she ought to be passed out in the infirmary.

And then we have Reni and Karen being adorable as usual. Nasty wolf terrorist who was bombarding the town with fireballs just the other day? Gotta cheerfully wave hi to him! It's still weird to me sometimes that Tom has managed to make a dragon such an adorkable character. It's so cute. :grin:

Also also, that wolf's name is actually significant - that's not just any old wolf, that's Clovis's second-in-command. (I mean, yeah, sketches aren't necessarily canon, but it'd be a hell of a coincidence, especially given the fur pattern matching too.) I wonder just how much he knows...
First: Is it just me or the forum has not been displaying images recently?
Anyhow I am surprised about their resilience yet that has to be one really horrible bruise if we can see it through her fur. My take is that they regenerate faster than other races and have phenomenal homeostasis otherwise Maddie would have died from internal bleeding a couple minutes ago...
Also they seem far too resilient if you ask me, they are almost impervious to physical damage and are resistant to magic. If this were a game they would be unbalanced and broken, and considering that they were created for the mask's game the comparison is quite apt. In any case either they have some hard counters or the Basitin mask is really bad at the game else he would have won already.
Rafe wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:57 am I assume Reni telepathically sensed Maddy's injury, given that Reni pulled her shirt up out of concern. I take it that means she's still in some significant pain and can't stop thinking about how much it hurts, even if she can suppress it for now.

From what little we've seen of him, Brutus doesn't seem like a particularly nasty or evil wolf.
Maybe choosing that name is a kind of foreshadowing. After all, the original historical Brutus ended up killing his boss.
And whatever that is around his neck is still there. I still wonder if it has magic significance.
If i remember my history classes correctly, for the record i usually don't, Marcus Junius Brutus, despite being close to Julius Caeser considered his appointment as a dictator for life and constant strive for more power and independence to the senate a threat to the republic and so decided to oppose him. Eventually murdering him with a bunch of other senators.
It would be an interesting angle to work with, Brutus might be Clovis long time aide or friend but at the end decides to betray him not because he wants power or wealth but because he realizes he is a threat for the world and his friendis beyond saving or redemption.
Also i always thought it was Clovis secretary/gardener for some reason. As you point out up until attacking the town he had done nothing particularity evil.
Finally, he seems fluffier than the average wolf. At least to me.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#6 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:33 amAlso they seem far too resilient if you ask me, they are almost impervious to physical damage and are resistant to magic. If this were a game they would be unbalanced and broken, and considering that they were created for the mask's game the comparison is quite apt. In any case either they have some hard counters or the Basitin mask is really bad at the game else he would have won already.
Well, they may have physical prowess and be resistant to magic (though note not immune), but being completely unable to use magic themselves is a pretty severe accompanying disadvantage given how powerful and useful magic seems to be in this universe. Being resistant to it is all well and good, but that doesn't stop the other races' ability to use magic for *other* purposes (i.e. not just direct combat) from being a significant advantage. They also inhabit a significantly smaller area and so most likely have a lower total population than either of the other two races (and are divided into two feuding groups on top of that), and they've also shown, both on an individual level and particularly on a societal one, a distinct lack of flexibility in their thinking that could easily be a disadvantage in confrontations with more devious races. They have their advantages for sure, but I don't know about that making them OP.

And images are displaying fine for me, so that might be on your end.

Panther
Merchant

#7 Post by Panther »

So , they caught Clovis's lieutenant : that's a good and important prisoner , and polite too

Be careful , Brutus : i don't think that chicken is a real one XD
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#8 Post by Neutral Smith »

Give that Wolf a dagger! And some way to get him behind Clovis.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Welsh halfwit
Citizen

#9 Post by Welsh halfwit »

Brutus' thoughts. "Food, food, food... Human with Keidran ears!???
Corp Davidstow. Don't mess with the mouse.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#10 Post by AmigaDragon »

Irrelevant for Reni's interrogation, I've been wondering if Karen knows any keidran, and now whether Brutus knows any human. On the wall during the attack, were they speaking human or being magically translated?
Welsh halfwit wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:27 amBrutus' thoughts. "Food, food, food... Human with Keidran ears!???
Don't forget "DRAGON!"
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Panther
Merchant

#11 Post by Panther »

BUT WHAT ??!! Brutus was naked in his mantle-dress ? Hope he's wearing pants , at least :shock:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#12 Post by Shockwave07 »

Panther wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:43 pm BUT WHAT ??!! Brutus was naked in his mantle-dress ? Hope he's wearing pants , at least :shock:
Given the two patreon posts he's in, I think he rarely wears shirts! XD

...But probably has pants on.

Rafe
Council Member

#13 Post by Rafe »

AmigaDragon wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:25 pm Irrelevant for Reni's interrogation, I've been wondering if Karen knows any keidran, and now whether Brutus knows any human. On the wall during the attack, were they speaking human or being magically translated?
Welsh halfwit wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:27 amBrutus' thoughts. "Food, food, food... Human with Keidran ears!???
Don't forget "DRAGON!"
During the attack, it looks like all the Templar (or wolves) were speaking Human.
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/919/
And now knowing to look for him, Brutus wasn't the leader of the attack, nor the first to run for it. He was in the middle of saying they should retreat when Reni smacked him off the wall (which might account for his wide-eyed, timid expression seeing her coming towards him).

Karen can't speak Keidran, but Maddie can. And of course, Reni can understand anyone telepathically.

I'm hoping that Rose shows up. Presumably, she's not planning on leaving Karen and Maddie in the dungeon very long, and might show up soon. Being a wolf, and familiar with magic and mind control, and VERY familiar with the Templar's plots and antics, her help would be most valuable.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#14 Post by AmigaDragon »

Rafe wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:56 pmI'm hoping that Rose shows up. Presumably, she's not planning on leaving Karen and Maddie in the dungeon very long, and might show up soon. Being a wolf, and familiar with magic and mind control, and VERY familiar with the Templar's plots and antics, her help would be most valuable.
Show up or not, Rose at least knows Reni is down there and probably that the girls are already free of their cage.
Rafe wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:57 amAnd whatever that is around his neck is still there. I still wonder if it has magic significance.
I'm sure if it was magic he had already, Reni would have removed it. I was thinking it could be a magic suppressor collar (even though his mana crystals had been taken).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by TheMouse »

Brutus seems remarkably nonchalant about being in a prison. And about the dragon. He's either kind of dim witted, or he's assessed the situation and elected to cooperate/flip on Clovis already.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.