Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

steelabjur
Council Member

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3646 Post by steelabjur »

Speaking of Kat, she holding a Fashion Show, staring Fem!Keith, Fem!Trace, and Fem!Eric! Though Fem!Eric seems to have a different type of show in mind!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3647 Post by Technic[Bot] »

steelabjur wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:04 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:00 am
Honestly I would be surprised if Kat ever managed to get Eric attention in "that" way. They guy bent over backwards so he could still consider Kat his kid sister yet keep working as a slave-trader without feeling the tiniest conflict. Those are some mental walls you are not gonna break with a nice hairdo and a small dress, or in this case lack thereof. Also any direct approach would likely be met with the standard response of anyone finding your sister wants to do the horizontal tango with you: Disgust and disbelief. In any case if Eric treated Kat as he probably treats any other woman i am pretty sure she would not want anything to do with him...
In this case it's a complete change of race (from hybrid to pure Fox) and appearance.
Well of course but at the end of the day she remained Keidran.
steelabjur wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:04 pm I'm not, especially with Patron's recent changes.
From the looks of things, Nora herself, check out the gold and gems on her.
Curiosity? She's a dragon, after all, not much can threaten her, so why not see how things go? Maybe she was interested in seeing what Eric had in mind? After all, Eric has been shown in canon to be apparently persuasive enough to convince a member of an ultra-conservative race like the Bastians to pose for one of his paintings.
Although the sketch did made little sense to me. The questions I asked meant to be rhetorical. Meant to point out I am over analyzing some sexy sketch about a dragon/cat thing and her perverted friend.

steelabjur wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:26 pm Yesterday we saw Barbarian Raine.

Today, we see a meeting of the minds between Nora and Flora. Nora's suggestion of a meeting of other parts of anatomy doesn't go over well, though.
And for an actual question:
I have always wondered were this image of a barbarian comes from? You know the ripped huge guy with a giant axe and dressed in strips of leather and/or the sexy muscular ladies dresed on a fur bikini. Looks good on Raine though.
On the other hand for what I gather getting your tongue yanked like that is quite painful.
steelabjur wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:36 am Speaking of Kat, she holding a Fashion Show, staring Fem!Keith, Fem!Trace, and Fem!Eric! Though Fem!Eric seems to have a different type of show in mind!
I never expectec Eric, of all characters, to be so on board with that idea. Trace has done weirder stuff...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3648 Post by TheMouse »

The image of barbarian that you're referring to is a product of the pulp fantasy era. Conan and Red Sonja.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#3649 Post by Warrl »

steelabjur wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:36 am Speaking of Kat, she holding a Fashion Show, staring Fem!Keith, Fem!Trace, and Fem!Eric! Though Fem!Eric seems to have a different type of show in mind!
Would Trace really suggest embracing Madness?

And, where is she? Hard to embrace her if she's not there.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3650 Post by Technic[Bot] »

TheMouse wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:44 am The image of barbarian that you're referring to is a product of the pulp fantasy era. Conan and Red Sonja.
Much obliged. The only thing i know about Conan is that is a franchise about a barbarian and not much else.
Warrl wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:02 am
Would Trace really suggest embracing Madness?

And, where is she? Hard to embrace her if she's not there.
I knew that i was not the only one got thought of that joke!

Also on today sketch we have a Thundestrom
I just find this piece to the so cute. I find the idea of the battle hardened warrior/assasin being scared of thunder to be quaint. Also Keith seems to be holding his hand to calm him something that I find incredibly heartwarming for some reason.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

steelabjur
Council Member

#3651 Post by steelabjur »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:30 am
steelabjur wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:26 pm Yesterday we saw Barbarian Raine.

Today, we see a meeting of the minds between Nora and Flora. Nora's suggestion of a meeting of other parts of anatomy doesn't go over well, though.
And for an actual question:
I have always wondered were this image of a barbarian comes from? You know the ripped huge guy with a giant axe and dressed in strips of leather and/or the sexy muscular ladies dresed on a fur bikini. Looks good on Raine though.
On the other hand for what I gather getting your tongue yanked like that is quite painful.
To go a bit further on TheMouse said, here is a page about John Carter of Mars and the website of the late Frank Frazetta, who popularized the nude/near nude woman and/or fur covered bodybuilder barbarian look that has became synonymous with Conan The Barbarian since back in the 70's. The character, as Howard imagined him, tended toward more clothes than a breech cloth.
Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:30 am
I never expectec Eric, of all characters, to be so on board with that idea. Trace has done weirder stuff...
He's shown himself very okay with Gender Shenanigans in sketches before.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#3652 Post by Eclipse »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:05 am She only seems to care about how much fun she can get out of any situation and [expletive] anything else. She transformed Mike only just for the fun of it and expected him and Evals to "eventually figure it out". She decided to take a bath in the basitin harbor and stoped, not because she was asked to, not because she wanted to nor because she had something better to do. The Basitins simply did not get scared of her and that was boring. I wonder if she just chases random people around to scare them for fun. The there are the sketches, she seemed content with punishing any "out of line" Templar by turning them into farm animals, to "practice dragon magic with Trace". On that topic the spell guarding Trace's state is Nora's doing but i always figure it to be excessively cruel and kinda pointless. That is a common theme: I have not read, the side comics either but I do know she turned Clovis into female as some kind of twisted joke. Yeah for what I gather that guy is a dammed psychopath and turning the misogynist into a woman is good for [expletive] and giggles but other than that Clovis is still as bad as before and seems like he occasionally looses control of his body and mind, hormonal imbalances and all that, that is just creppy. Then there is the fact that she is a big pervert and not in a good way.
So it is clear that my intepretation of Nora is far less positive but that is just my opinion. For some reason i find her character rather scary.
That's what a troll is, someone who tries to mess with people for fun. My point is that trolling =/= sadism, what Nora is doing is, by comparison at least, harmless fun. She's not inflicting pain or violence on anyone, she's just pulling pranks. That's not necessarily a sadist, and as I've pointed out in her fantasies she's actually trended towards the masochistic side of the relationship (certainly with Trace she wants to be the submissive partner). Not necessarily saying those are positive traits, but "sadistic" isn't quite the right word to describe it.
Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:00 am
steelabjur wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:13 pm Double post, but today Eric says "Ah! I'll buy it at a high price!" as we see the follow up to Feline For Sale (Deviantart link for a Too Hot For Patron piece).
I am surpised Deviant art is still a thing in this year. Anyhow this piece gives me soo many questions like: Who did he actually paid? Why did Nora accompanied him to his house? and...
aitaituo wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:46 am If you sell yourself into slavery while disguised as a keidran, is it fraud?
Yes that one too and many others that honestly are never gonna get a decent answer so I am just gonna ignore them, besides i am only over-analyzing a somewhat lewd sketch.
Yet on the topic of Eric/Nora I never imagined these two together however they are both massive perverts, the former is a slaver and the latter likes to [expletive] with people. So I imagine they would find some common ground on something.
Eric/Nora is officially my new favorite pairing. I never realized how perfect they are together until now.

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3653 Post by TheMouse »

I'm on mobile, so formatting and links are a pain, but... did this just sort of confirm that :squirrel: really is a baby dragon?
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#3654 Post by Hayate »

TheMouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:51 pm I'm on mobile, so formatting and links are a pain, but... did this just sort of confirm that :squirrel: really is a baby dragon?
That’s what I got from the sketch xD :squirrel:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#3655 Post by jacobc62 »

Nibbly could also only be there as a guide/reference for the size of the characters.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3656 Post by tony1695 »

Suddenly Dragons, the sketch in question.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3657 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Eclipse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:43 pm That's what a troll is, someone who tries to mess with people for fun. My point is that trolling =/= sadism, what Nora is doing is, by comparison at least, harmless fun. She's not inflicting pain or violence on anyone, she's just pulling pranks. That's not necessarily a sadist, and as I've pointed out in her fantasies she's actually trended towards the masochistic side of the relationship (certainly with Trace she wants to be the submissive partner). Not necessarily saying those are positive traits, but "sadistic" isn't quite the right word to describe it.
As i said my interpretation of Nora is darker. But that is just my personal interpretation. Of a, likely, non-canon Nora if I may add. And it is not like i cannot see some good in her character. Despite in -comic Nora still having the "hots" for Trace she never "pushed herself" onto Trace, out of respect or simply because she realized he would never see her more than a scaly friend. And as a dragon I imagine she could have figured something to "enrapture" the young templar mind. Not only that, she even helped him to get together with Saria and has expressed serious concern for him. Wether it is sincere or just her infatuation talking is another story.
In any case most of Tom's characters are quite nuanced and feel, for a lack of a better term, real . After all persons do not exist only to service the plot of a story they have their own desires, ideal, past and even agendas. So different people will react to them different to them. Or in the case of fictional people, interprete them differently.
steelabjur wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:37 am To go a bit further on TheMouse said, here is a page about John Carter of Mars and the website of the late Frank Frazetta, who popularized the nude/near nude woman and/or fur covered bodybuilder barbarian look that has became synonymous with Conan The Barbarian since back in the 70's. The character, as Howard imagined him, tended toward more clothes than a breech cloth.
Thank you!
steelabjur wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:37 am He's shown himself very okay with Gender Shenanigans in sketches before.
Now I remember I had seen those sketches before, at some point, but my brain decided to forget them for some reason...
Also Eric is a pervert regardless of gender...
TheMouse wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:51 pm I'm on mobile, so formatting and links are a pain, but... did this just sort of confirm that :squirrel: really is a baby dragon?
PhpBB on mobile, how has the world advance!
Personally I think Tom's has not decided what to do about Nibs and is just playing with us while he figures it out. Also baby dragons are really tiny.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

steelabjur
Council Member

#3658 Post by steelabjur »

Smug Nibbly is smug.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3659 Post by tony1695 »

Sythe finds himself waking up Between a Cat and a Squirrel. I suspect there will be quite a bit of yowling...
Gentlementlemen

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3660 Post by tony1695 »

Apologies for the double-post.

Firstly is Two Kids in a Trenchcoat. Maddy and Maeve don't know how lucky they are to get someone who doesn't care...

And Mike and Evals get introduced to their New Supervisor, who looks like the cat that got the cream. Nora is gonna have fun with these new toys...
Gentlementlemen