Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3631 Post by aitaituo »

Raine's fanfiction is probably my favorite non-canon thing.

So, the Magical Mishaps side comic finished today and the last page will be available to non-patrons in a week. Do folks want to discuss it here now or start another thread for it?

steelabjur
Council Member

#3632 Post by steelabjur »

aitaituo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:18 pm Raine's fanfiction is probably my favorite non-canon thing.

So, the Magical Mishaps side comic finished today and the last page will be available to non-patrons in a week. Do folks want to discuss it here now or start another thread for it?
Please start a new thread, I'm not a patron so I won't be able to read it for another week, but I'm sure I'll want to discuss it once I have. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to avoid spoilers.

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3633 Post by TheMouse »

Chimera might be the most adorable character that isn't Maeve.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3634 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Ddraig wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:20 am idk, she isn't malevolent in it at all. I can't think of anyone she's harmed (even enemies), she just only aids those she likes. I haven't read the other side comics, given, but at least in the main one. She does occasionally screw with people for [censored] and giggles, sure, but it's relatively harmless (in that Mike's "transformation" was self-cancelling if anyone tried to take advantage of it). I think we can rule out the 'at worst' case, given she has had plenty of opportunity to satisfy any sadistic tendencies she might have and hasn't done so.
She's definitely not malevolent, I'd call her benevolent, and though she does have a mischievous streak, it's tempered by common sense.
Eclipse wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:52 am IDK, Nora seems to be more of a masochist than a sadist. You don't literally sell yourself unless you're the one that wants to be taken advantage of. Oh, and there's this little gem.

I think the word you're looking for is "troll".
She only seems to care about how much fun she can get out of any situation and [expletive] anything else. She transformed Mike only just for the fun of it and expected him and Evals to "eventually figure it out". She decided to take a bath in the basitin harbor and stoped, not because she was asked to, not because she wanted to nor because she had something better to do. The Basitins simply did not get scared of her and that was boring. I wonder if she just chases random people around to scare them for fun. The there are the sketches, she seemed content with punishing any "out of line" Templar by turning them into farm animals, to "practice dragon magic with Trace". On that topic the spell guarding Trace's state is Nora's doing but i always figure it to be excessively cruel and kinda pointless. That is a common theme: I have not read, the side comics either but I do know she turned Clovis into female as some kind of twisted joke. Yeah for what I gather that guy is a dammed psychopath and turning the misogynist into a woman is good for [expletive] and giggles but other than that Clovis is still as bad as before and seems like he occasionally looses control of his body and mind, hormonal imbalances and all that, that is just creppy. Then there is the fact that she is a big pervert and not in a good way.
So it is clear that my intepretation of Nora is far less positive but that is just my opinion. For some reason i find her character rather scary.
aitaituo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:14 pm I don't think Nora's infatuation with Trace is any less sincere than any other infatuation. Interest because of magical talent is no different than interest because of a pretty face, nice abs, figma collection, cool job, fabulous wealth, aesthetic sensibilities, etc. It's not like Nora has a human fetish. We don't get to see a whole lot of it, but Nora is an old and good friend of Trace's. She helped Trace court Saria, attended his parties, and probably helped with his magical studies and designing his mansion defenses. Of all the people who were in Trace's inner circle that have appeared along the journey, Nora is the only one who aided him without any clear ulterior motive and she went into a coma pulling him out of the tower explosion.
Well that is the point when you only care about that eigth digits bank account, her chiseled abs or that sweet figurine collection he has. You really do not care about someone as a person. You only care about certain parts of it probably for some other motives. In the case of Nora she eventually developed a rapport with Trace since she is, for some reason, the Templar resident dragon and Trace worked with the Templars. I do not see her helping Trace as virtuous deed, I see it as someone helping the person she wants to get "close and personal" with.
steelabjur wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:26 pm Pardon the double post, today Nora tries to convince Raine that they should collaborate after Mindreading Raine. Explains where all the sketches come from, IMO. S:P
It is always the quiet ones ain't it? I am talking about Raine by the way. Nora is a subtle as a derailing locomotive.
TheMouse wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:05 pm Chimera might be the most adorable character that isn't Maeve.
You know that abomination Chimera is growing on me. All cute, naive and whatnot. We should name it! Specially since Trace and Templars did not bothered...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

steelabjur
Council Member

#3635 Post by steelabjur »

When Eric Meets Evil Kat, he seems to like what he sees.

Tetrahedron
Merchant

#3636 Post by Tetrahedron »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:05 am
Ddraig wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:20 am idk, she isn't malevolent in it at all. I can't think of anyone she's harmed (even enemies), she just only aids those she likes. I haven't read the other side comics, given, but at least in the main one. She does occasionally screw with people for [censored] and giggles, sure, but it's relatively harmless (in that Mike's "transformation" was self-cancelling if anyone tried to take advantage of it). I think we can rule out the 'at worst' case, given she has had plenty of opportunity to satisfy any sadistic tendencies she might have and hasn't done so.
She's definitely not malevolent, I'd call her benevolent, and though she does have a mischievous streak, it's tempered by common sense.
Eclipse wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:52 am IDK, Nora seems to be more of a masochist than a sadist. You don't literally sell yourself unless you're the one that wants to be taken advantage of. Oh, and there's this little gem.

I think the word you're looking for is "troll".
She only seems to care about how much fun she can get out of any situation and [expletive] anything else. She transformed Mike only just for the fun of it and expected him and Evals to "eventually figure it out". She decided to take a bath in the basitin harbor and stoped, not because she was asked to, not because she wanted to nor because she had something better to do. The Basitins simply did not get scared of her and that was boring. I wonder if she just chases random people around to scare them for fun. The there are the sketches, she seemed content with punishing any "out of line" Templar by turning them into farm animals, to "practice dragon magic with Trace". On that topic the spell guarding Trace's state is Nora's doing but i always figure it to be excessively cruel and kinda pointless. That is a common theme: I have not read, the side comics either but I do know she turned Clovis into female as some kind of twisted joke. Yeah for what I gather that guy is a dammed psychopath and turning the misogynist into a woman is good for [expletive] and giggles but other than that Clovis is still as bad as before and seems like he occasionally looses control of his body and mind, hormonal imbalances and all that, that is just creppy. Then there is the fact that she is a big pervert and not in a good way.
So it is clear that my intepretation of Nora is far less positive but that is just my opinion. For some reason i find her character rather scary.
aitaituo wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:14 pm I don't think Nora's infatuation with Trace is any less sincere than any other infatuation. Interest because of magical talent is no different than interest because of a pretty face, nice abs, figma collection, cool job, fabulous wealth, aesthetic sensibilities, etc. It's not like Nora has a human fetish. We don't get to see a whole lot of it, but Nora is an old and good friend of Trace's. She helped Trace court Saria, attended his parties, and probably helped with his magical studies and designing his mansion defenses. Of all the people who were in Trace's inner circle that have appeared along the journey, Nora is the only one who aided him without any clear ulterior motive and she went into a coma pulling him out of the tower explosion.
Well that is the point when you only care about that eigth digits bank account, her chiseled abs or that sweet figurine collection he has. You really do not care about someone as a person. You only care about certain parts of it probably for some other motives. In the case of Nora she eventually developed a rapport with Trace since she is, for some reason, the Templar resident dragon and Trace worked with the Templars. I do not see her helping Trace as virtuous deed, I see it as someone helping the person she wants to get "close and personal" with.
steelabjur wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:26 pm Pardon the double post, today Nora tries to convince Raine that they should collaborate after Mindreading Raine. Explains where all the sketches come from, IMO. S:P
It is always the quiet ones ain't it? I am talking about Raine by the way. Nora is a subtle as a derailing locomotive.
TheMouse wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:05 pm Chimera might be the most adorable character that isn't Maeve.
You know that abomination Chimera is growing on me. All cute, naive and whatnot. We should name it! Specially since Trace and Templars did not bothered...
Well I have to agree about Nora. And her character got worse over the years, I think. First she was described as the immortal dragon, that does not care about mortals. (What is it to be immortal anyway as a material being? Standing on the edge of a black hole 10^12 years in the future, desperately trying to warm your hands on the last smouldering mater cycling around it, in an otherwise dead cold universe? Worse than hell.) Over time in my opinion more and more dark sides came out of her. In the end she was just a way overpowered being, messing more with others than she would admit to herself.
That's why I like Reni way more. She is insecure but really has a good heart. (Go Reni! Ask that captain for a nice walk through nature in the afternoon! =P)

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3637 Post by Ddraig »

On the topic of Nora, there's this continuation of a previous sketch.
Don't you know better than to mention a woman's weight, Trace? <3

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3638 Post by Technic[Bot] »

We missed of Of cats and boxes . honestly this one flew over my head. I mean i think it is supposed to be cute and funny since Kat is on Flora's properly labeled cat box yet Kat does not care besides Flora is illiterate and thus Kat points that out. Yet i just cannot find this sketch funny...
Ddraig wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:23 pm On the topic of Nora, there's this continuation of a previous sketch.
Don't you know better than to mention a woman's weight, Trace? <3

You know a guy has absolutely no interest in you when he casually mentions you are heavy.
In any case I wonder how "close" were these two. In the comic it has been suggested they were a bit more than friends yet not as close as Nora would have liked. Besides these sketches are non canon until proven otherwise and there is not much mention about it in comic, at least nothing definite.
And also when could have she tried to "seduce" him? I mean Nora was (is?) the Templar's resident Dragon, for some reason, and that is how she meet and befriended (?) Trace so she knew him since he was young but i doubt she had much interest before he showed his true potential . On the other hand I doubt she tried anything after he got together with Saria, after all she basically helped them get together. And i do hope she did not tried anything after her death, I mean it would be in character but that would be pretty horrible and I doubt she even stayed close to him after he went all genocidal maniac. After all if anyone could have hurt her it was Dark Trace™ so best keep her distance, beside nothing destroys your dating profile more than: "Maniacal psycopath dark-mage" in your short description.
Maybe all this just her crazy fantasy and she never had the valor to try anything with Trace. :thinking face:
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

steelabjur
Council Member

#3639 Post by steelabjur »

Vixen Kat,Vixen Kat, even changing forms doesn't seem to be enough to counter Eric's "Sister Sense". Time to join Natani and take lessons from Ghost Laura on how to bag the man of your dreams (with rope and probably a ballgag). :p

steelabjur
Council Member

#3640 Post by steelabjur »

Double post, but today Eric says "Ah! I'll buy it at a high price!" as we see the follow up to Feline For Sale (Deviantart link for a Too Hot For Patron piece).

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3641 Post by aitaituo »

If you sell yourself into slavery while disguised as a keidran, is it fraud?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3642 Post by Technic[Bot] »

steelabjur wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:41 pm Vixen Kat, even changing forms doesn't seem to be enough to counter Eric's "Sister Sense". Time to join Natani and take lessons from Ghost Laura on how to bag the man of your dreams (with rope and probably a ballgag). :p
Honestly I would be surprised if Kat ever managed to get Eric attention in "that" way. They guy bent over backwards so he could still consider Kat his kid sister yet keep working as a slave-trader without feeling the tiniest conflict. Those are some mental walls you are not gonna break with a nice hairdo and a small dress, or in this case lack thereof. Also any direct approach would likely be met with the standard response of anyone finding your sister wants to do the horizontal tango with you: Disgust and disbelief. In any case if Eric treated Kat as he probably treats any other woman i am pretty sure she would not want anything to do with him...
steelabjur wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:13 pm Double post, but today Eric says "Ah! I'll buy it at a high price!" as we see the follow up to Feline For Sale (Deviantart link for a Too Hot For Patron piece).
I am surpised Deviant art is still a thing in this year. Anyhow this piece gives me soo many questions like: Who did he actually paid? Why did Nora accompanied him to his house? and...
aitaituo wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:46 am If you sell yourself into slavery while disguised as a keidran, is it fraud?
Yes that one too and many others that honestly are never gonna get a decent answer so I am just gonna ignore them, besides i am only over-analyzing a somewhat lewd sketch.
Yet on the topic of Eric/Nora I never imagined these two together however they are both massive perverts, the former is a slaver and the latter likes to [expletive] with people. So I imagine they would find some common ground on something.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

steelabjur
Council Member

#3643 Post by steelabjur »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:00 am
steelabjur wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:41 pm Vixen Kat, even changing forms doesn't seem to be enough to counter Eric's "Sister Sense". Time to join Natani and take lessons from Ghost Laura on how to bag the man of your dreams (with rope and probably a ballgag). :p
Honestly I would be surprised if Kat ever managed to get Eric attention in "that" way. They guy bent over backwards so he could still consider Kat his kid sister yet keep working as a slave-trader without feeling the tiniest conflict. Those are some mental walls you are not gonna break with a nice hairdo and a small dress, or in this case lack thereof. Also any direct approach would likely be met with the standard response of anyone finding your sister wants to do the horizontal tango with you: Disgust and disbelief. In any case if Eric treated Kat as he probably treats any other woman i am pretty sure she would not want anything to do with him...
In this case it's a complete change of race (from hybrid to pure Fox) and appearance.
Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:00 am
steelabjur wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:13 pm Double post, but today Eric says "Ah! I'll buy it at a high price!" as we see the follow up to Feline For Sale (Deviantart link for a Too Hot For Patron piece).
I am surprised Deviant art is still a thing in this year. Anyhow this piece gives me soo many questions like: Who did he actually paid? Why did Nora accompanied him to his house? and...
I'm not, especially with Patron's recent changes.
From the looks of things, Nora herself, check out the gold and gems on her.
Curiosity? She's a dragon, after all, not much can threaten her, so why not see how things go? Maybe she was interested in seeing what Eric had in mind? After all, Eric has been shown in canon to be apparently persuasive enough to convince a member of an ultra-conservative race like the Bastians to pose for one of his paintings.

steelabjur
Council Member

#3644 Post by steelabjur »

Yesterday we saw Barbarian Raine.

Today, we see a meeting of the minds between Nora and Flora. Nora's suggestion of a meeting of other parts of anatomy doesn't go over well, though.

Tyger42
Apprentice

#3645 Post by Tyger42 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:18 am We missed of Of cats and boxes . honestly this one flew over my head. I mean i think it is supposed to be cute and funny since Kat is on Flora's properly labeled cat box yet Kat does not care besides Flora is illiterate and thus Kat points that out. Yet i just cannot find this sketch funny...
Plays into the standard feline tenancy to want to sit in empty boxes. The "if I fits I sits" thing. And also plays on Kat's name.