Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3616 Post by Schrodinger »

stlsf4003 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:00 am You know how it said in Nat's reference sheet that she has a beautiful singing voice but never use's it?

It's funny how just a little bit of booze can change all that ;).
phpBB [video]

Via the comments:

phpBB [video]
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3617 Post by Ddraig »

Schrodinger wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:29 am
stlsf4003 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:00 am You know how it said in Nat's reference sheet that she has a beautiful singing voice but never use's it?
Via the comments:

phpBB [video]
We now need an animated Natani singing that.
Also, that is now officially Nat's voice in my headcanon, despite it not making sense in-story
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

steelabjur
Council Member

#3618 Post by steelabjur »

steelabjur wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:27 pm
MuonNeutrino wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:20 pm And apparently I get to make three posts in a row here, because today we get to see Laura's sisters being completely worthless people, in:

Sisterly Manipulation

I also find it interesting that there's only two of her sisters here. Her ref sheet says she had two older sisters and a fraternal twin sister, and specifically calls out the older ones when it talks about manipulation - I wonder if it's only her older sisters that are such jerks and if her twin is more sympathetic?
I suspect we'll see the twin when Keith brings Laura's ashes home. I always thought it would be amusing if the more aggressive "private moments" sketches we saw between Laura and Keith was actually the twin pretending to be Laura (unknown to both Keith and Laura). Imagine Keith arrives at the village with his burden and his met with a little Fox/Baistin kid belonging to the sister?
Just quoting myself because today we have some Sister Jealousy.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#3619 Post by IHeartMaeve »

After several days of inactivity on this topic, Maeve gets a visit from Aunty Amelia.

I almost forgot about that woman. But if it means the cutie that is Maeve appears again, I'm all for it!
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3620 Post by Ddraig »

Looks like we missed a few:

ImageImageImageImageImage

and Love Zap
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

steelabjur
Council Member

#3621 Post by steelabjur »

Today, Nora tries to appeal to Trace's apparent Keidran fetish (and her own) with a Feline For Sale.

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3622 Post by TheMouse »

steelabjur wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:50 pm Today, Nora tries to appeal to Trace's apparent Keidran fetish (and her own) with a Feline For Sale.
Don't mind me, over here taking notes because this is my kind of jam.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3623 Post by tony1695 »

steelabjur wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:50 pm Today, Nora tries to appeal to Trace's apparent Keidran fetish (and her own) with a Feline For Sale.
Not much of a surprise that Nora never learned to walk on two legs, she never had any intention of actually doing any walking.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3624 Post by aitaituo »

tony1695 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:26 pm
Not much of a surprise that Nora never learned to walk on two legs, she never had any intention of actually doing any walking.
Bad dum tsh!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3625 Post by Technic[Bot] »

You know I find Nora as a character to be unsettling:
First her whole obsession with Trace freaks me out. It is not like a fun unrequited love situation. It is more a "stalker/restraining order" type of thing.
Besides her obsession is insincere. She is only fixated on Trace because he has a lot of magic. She is drawn like a moth to the flame. If Trace were. To loose his magic talent Nora would loose interest faster than a bug is fried on a bug zapper.
Then it is her whole behavior. At best she is a trickster that plays practical jokes on people because she is bored. At worse she is an egotistical sadist who does not care about anyone. But occasionally screws people for her own enjoyment.
So for me, it is hard to see Nora as anything else than a monster, a beautiful one for that matter, but a monster none the less.

Sorry I needed to get that out of my chest
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3626 Post by Ddraig »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:09 am
You know I find Nora as a character to be unsettling:
First her whole obsession with Trace freaks me out. It is not like a fun unrequited love situation. It is more a "stalker/restraining order" type of thing.
Besides her obsession is insincere. She is only fixated on Trace because he has a lot of magic. She is drawn like a moth to the flame. If Trace were. To loose his magic talent Nora would loose interest faster than a bug is fried on a bug zapper.
Then it is her whole behavior. At best she is a trickster that plays practical jokes on people because she is bored. At worse she is an egotistical sadist who does not care about anyone. But occasionally screws people for her own enjoyment.
So for me, it is hard to see Nora as anything else than a monster, a beautiful one for that matter, but a monster none the less.

Sorry I needed to get that out of my chest
idk, she isn't malevolent in it at all. I can't think of anyone she's harmed (even enemies), she just only aids those she likes. I haven't read the other side comics, given, but at least in the main one. She does occasionally screw with people for [censored] and giggles, sure, but it's relatively harmless (in that Mike's "transformation" was self-cancelling if anyone tried to take advantage of it). I think we can rule out the 'at worst' case, given she has had plenty of opportunity to satisfy any sadistic tendencies she might have and hasn't done so.
She's definitely not malevolent, I'd call her benevolent, and though she does have a mischievous streak, it's tempered by common sense.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#3627 Post by Eclipse »

IDK, Nora seems to be more of a masochist than a sadist. You don't literally sell yourself unless you're the one that wants to be taken advantage of. Oh, and there's this little gem.

I think the word you're looking for is "troll".

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3628 Post by aitaituo »

I don't think Nora's infatuation with Trace is any less sincere than any other infatuation. Interest because of magical talent is no different than interest because of a pretty face, nice abs, figma collection, cool job, fabulous wealth, aesthetic sensibilities, etc. It's not like Nora has a human fetish. We don't get to see a whole lot of it, but Nora is an old and good friend of Trace's. She helped Trace court Saria, attended his parties, and probably helped with his magical studies and designing his mansion defenses. Of all the people who were in Trace's inner circle that have appeared along the journey, Nora is the only one who aided him without any clear ulterior motive and she went into a coma pulling him out of the tower explosion.

steelabjur
Council Member

#3629 Post by steelabjur »

It's alive! ALIVE! Today, we have Chimera Origins.

steelabjur
Council Member

#3630 Post by steelabjur »

Pardon the double post, today Nora tries to convince Raine that they should collaborate after Mindreading Raine. Explains where all the sketches come from, IMO. S:P