Comic for May 25, 2019: Lesson One

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

Re: Raine vs Trace

#31 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:42 am For what I gather, after Trace deposes Mary and turned her into a wolf she send her and Raine to live as slaves somewhere. However before they arrived where rescued by Euchre who somehow managed to keep that hidden from our favorite genocidal maniac. Then they went to Lyn'knoll since it was probably the only safe place for a shapeshifter and her transformed mother. Some years later Ephemural decided to cheat on the mask global risk game contact Mary and offer her revenge against Trace in one of the most convoluted plans i have ever seen. Probably at this point she took Raine with her and went to confront the our now amnesiac blue haired hero, eventually getting separated from each other.
Who knows what Mary is up to now. Personally I reckon she left Raine with Maren anc company since she thought it was safer for her. Since after all she is still the deposed, and probably presumed dead, grand templar. Even if Trace is no longer a threat, he still is though, his psychopathic Posee still roams the kingdom trying to fill the power vacuum Trace filled. On top of that the continent was on the brink of war. And since no one really know who or what is Raine it was safer to let her stay on a cozy tavern in the middle of nowhere than having her next to the former Grand Templar.
But yeah Tom's story telling is a bit "over the place" I think that is the technical term. But i respect his decision not to retcon his story and keep working with the limitations he imposed himself so many years ago. Also the comic has a peculiar narrative structure That compounds the issue: Most stories start by explaining the world and setting and then the characters finally set out to do something. Here since our protagonist is amnesiac we have giant holes in world-building and setting which are very slowly filled as the story moves forward.
Ok cool, that does clarify it a bit.
Thanks! :)

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Comic for May 25, 2019: Lesson One

#32 Post by TheMouse »

Insomniac wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:52 am I feel the need to say...The slashfic writes itself.
Save that I feel a need to write it, which you should all be grateful I don't have time for.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#33 Post by Technic[Bot] »

TheMouse wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:39 pm
Insomniac wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:52 am I feel the need to say...The slashfic writes itself.
Save that I feel a need to write it, which you should all be grateful I don't have time for.
What is even a slashf....
Wikipedia wrote:Slash fiction is a genre of fan fiction that focuses on romantic or sexual relationships between fictional characters of the same sex.
Oh... I see... For some reason i thought it had something to do with slasher movies...
Wait a second. A slashfic about who?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Ddraig
Templar Master

#34 Post by Ddraig »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:45 am
TheMouse wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 2:39 pm
What is even a slashf....
Wikipedia wrote:Slash fiction is a genre of fan fiction that focuses on romantic or sexual relationships between fictional characters of the same sex.
Oh... I see... For some reason i thought it had something to do with slasher movies...
Wait a second. A slashfic about who?
I'm not entirely sure, but I can make a guess...

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Daremo

#35 Post by Daremo »

I've skimmed the archive and though it's still possible I missed something...

When has Rained called Rose 'old'?

Ddraig
Templar Master

#36 Post by Ddraig »

Daremo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:58 am I've skimmed the archive and though it's still possible I missed something...

The previous page, second to last panel: "Are you out of your mind, you old wolf?!"
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Daremo

#37 Post by Daremo »

Ddraig wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:11 am
Daremo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:58 am I've skimmed the archive and though it's still possible I missed something...

The previous page, second to last panel: "Are you out of your mind, you old wolf?!"
Oh... derp.

Thanks!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#38 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Ddraig wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:35 am
I'm not entirely sure, but I can make a guess...

Comic Edit
Oh dear... Ya me dio cosa...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: Raine vs Trace

#39 Post by Warrl »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 12:42 am Also the comic has a peculiar narrative structure That compounds the issue: Most stories start by explaining the world and setting and then the characters finally set out to do something. Here since our protagonist is amnesiac we have giant holes in world-building and setting which are very slowly filled as the story moves forward.
Actually, most stories start out more like "this character has a problem" or "here is this character's normal, and - oops, it just got broken".

The world and setting are explained by watching the characters move through it and deal with stuff. It's standard that this takes most of the story before it's done (enough for the story's purpose).

Advice I've heard offered to newer writers: go ahead and write the three-chapter introduction to your world. Then after you finish the entire first draft, copy those three chapters off to another document - delete them from the original - and see about working the necessary facts from them into the story where they are needed.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#40 Post by Eclipse »

Ddraig wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:35 am I'm not entirely sure, but I can make a guess...

It was only a matter of time before someone went there.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#41 Post by Insomniac »

Eclipse wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:54 am
Ddraig wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:35 am I'm not entirely sure, but I can make a guess...

I humbly apologize for bringing this upon us.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#42 Post by Eclipse »

Insomniac wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:08 am
Eclipse wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:54 am

I humbly apologize for bringing this upon us.
Don't. This is funny.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#43 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Another one for the pervbox (just how enormous is that thing already?) :P
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now