Comic for May 25, 2019: Lesson One

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

Comic for May 25, 2019: Lesson One

#1 Post by TheMouse »

Rose had a plan. Aaaand Raine is a special cupcake.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Tyger42
Apprentice

Re: Comic for May 25, 2019: Lesson One

#2 Post by Tyger42 »

That surprised expression looks a bit out of place on Rose. XD

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by TheMouse »

Just wanna come back to panel 8. That is not a healthy outlook, and gives a clue at how much trauma she's still carrying fro. Euchre's betrayal.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#4 Post by Foxx Trotter »

That's all I need to say. You know better than that, Rose. :P The Mouse has a good point, though.
Videre videnda.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#5 Post by Hayate »

I laughed way too much at lesson one xD
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by SpottedKitty »

I'm not sure if I should have, but I LOL'd. Image

Especially at Rose's face in panel 4. "Oh, fewmets!" as her train of thought doesn't just derail, it takes out half of the station...
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#7 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I love how we all had these conspiracy theories about Rose's ulterior intentions and it turns out that, in typical Rose fashion, was just messing with her niece. Also naive Raine is cute.
Also I am surprised that the collar effect is so minor sure now Rose has control over Raine but i expected her to go all zombie like. I always pictured having one of those on as being very drugged to the point you are basically sleep walking.
Also now that Raine has the collar on I wonder how exactly that is it gonna help her.
TheMouse wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:07 am Just wanna come back to panel 8. That is not a healthy outlook, and gives a clue at how much trauma she's still carrying fro. Euchre's betrayal.
Family betrayals are always the most painful. Next to getting back stabbed by your significant other and closest friend.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

AkiraWolf98

#8 Post by AkiraWolf98 »

So.... if that collar only works on Kiedran would that mean if Raine had human arms, she wouldn’t have slapped herself?
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:28 am Also I am surprised that the collar effect is so minor sure now Rose has control over Raine but i expected her to go all zombie like. I always pictured having one of those on as being very drugged to the point you are basically sleep walking.
Human head, so she isn’t dazed by the collar? Kiedran ears so she listens to orders (more of a stretch).

Maybe this is a higher quality slave collar than the ones Erik had? Therefore the effects are not immediately obvious? Finer control opposed to blanket compliance.
Also now that Raine has the collar on I wonder how exactly that is it gonna help her.
Maybe it’s the nuclear options. Rose can simply order Raine to transform into human.
Q - “Isn’t there some ordinance against burying anything in your backyard?”

A - “I think they frown on burying ordnance in your backyard.”

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#9 Post by tony1695 »

AkiraWolf98 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 1:55 am So.... it that collar only works on Kiedran would that mean if Raine had human arms, she wouldn’t have slapped herself?

Human head, so she isn’t dazed by the collar? Kiedran ears so she listens to orders (more of a stretch).

Maybe this is a higher quality slave collar than the ones Erik had? Therefore the effects are not immediately obvious? Finer control opposed to blanket compliance.
It looks like a different model from the ones that Eric uses, or at least the enchantment is set into a different kind of collar. Mayhaps it's one designed to make the wearer follow orders, but give them enough free will to interpret them in what they consider the best way.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Panther
Merchant

#10 Post by Panther »

Finally no , there is no mind in Raine's head ......... ^_^"

Betraying family member .......... You know what you speak about , poor Rose
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by aitaituo »

This was 100 times more amusing than I was expecting.

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#12 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

Hayate wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:11 am I laughed way too much at lesson one xD
You ain't the only one who laughed. My nose is burning after snorting iced tea from choking after laughing while drinking said tea.
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...

Eclipse
Templar Master

#13 Post by Eclipse »

Wow Raine, just wow. You failed in the most hilarious fashion ever.

And yeah, Rose is incredibly paranoid about being betrayed by Euchre again. Not that anyone can blame her after what happened the first time.

BadJoke
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by BadJoke »

I've seen reverse psychology backfire before, but this is a new level of fail. :grin:

Also good point on signaling another BIG flaw we tend to forget about Raine: she's far too naive. Thanks to her awful parents she has spent her youth stuck inside home and never learned who she could or should trust. And in the world of TK, where most if not all the characters actually advancing their plans are manipulative [censored] (good or evil) it could prove deadly soon enough.
I mean, the whole "sparing Zen because killing is bad" was already a bad idea. Sure it did proved to be the good choice but only AFTERWARD. And made sense only from our point of view. In practice she just advocated for sparing a professional killer bent on murdering all of them for money when her group was obviously not disposing of the means to keep such a prisoner in check just because she didn't like the idea of killing him... and Zen did escape his bonds after that. That's called tempting fate.
And that's not even mentioning sparing Carver, which may end up being a problem later on (despite the geographic distance).
Criminals are less dangerous than virtuous people: they kill less.

JDEzekude
Traveler

Raine's Merciful Tendencies / Rose's Intentions

#15 Post by JDEzekude »

BadJoke wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 3:31 pm ...good point on signaling another BIG flaw we tend to forget about Raine: she's far too naive. Thanks to her awful parents she has spent her youth stuck inside home and never learned who she could or should trust. And in the world of TK, where most if not all the characters actually advancing their plans are manipulative [censored] (good or evil) it could prove deadly soon enough.
I mean, the whole "sparing Zen because killing is bad" was already a bad idea. Sure it did proved to be the good choice but only AFTERWARD. And made sense only from our point of view. In practice she just advocated for sparing a professional killer bent on murdering all of them for money when her group was obviously not disposing of the means to keep such a prisoner in check just because she didn't like the idea of killing him... and Zen did escape his bonds after that. That's called tempting fate.
And that's not even mentioning sparing Carver, which may end up being a problem later on (despite the geographic distance).
You know, I was thinking the same thing. As much as I value mercy and forgiveness, I can't deny that mercy is risky business. After all, when you defeat someone and spare them, there's a chance of them coming back for revenge. That's definitely the case for Clovis. As for Carver (who was banished by Raine) and Seraphina (who was disarmed by Keith), I don't know but I'd like to see them again.

As for Zen, if he wasn't spared, I'm not sure if Natani would've recovered from her temporary coma, which Raine unintentionally yet ironically caused to save Zen's life.

...And, I must admit (and I sure some of you may know this already) that I bore a grudge against Raine ever since she put the anti-magic collar on Zen's ankle. It's true that there's no way she could've known about his mental link with Natani, but it made Keith paranoid as hell trying to wake Natani up and protect her from harm.

Deep down, I was hoping to see Keith slap Raine after finding out that she put that collar on Zen. But, since Rose made Raine slap herself, I guess that's no longer necessary. So my previous grudge against Raine is gone.
Foxx Trotter wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 12:10 am BUSTED!
That's all I need to say. You know better than that, Rose. :P
If by "busted", you mean "she still feels bitter about being betrayed by her cousin Euchre", then sure. But, despite this, I think Rose does know better. Otherwise, she would've left Maddie and Karen for dead when they were snooping around the Guardian's Room.
JDEzekude