Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3571 Post by TheMouse »

tony1695 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:30 pm Today, Adelaide Lifts and we get a real-world idea of just how terrifyingly strong she is.
Someone get the mop ready for when TheMouse gets here and starts drooling.
Hey now, I resemble that remark!

Looking at those numbers, she could effortlessly balance me on the fingertips of one hand and I am SO pleased at that mental image.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#3572 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Today Mary makes a questionable decision, in:

Deal with the Devil

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster

#3573 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Also, just for fun, today I decided to look through the tag lists and compile a few numbers. My main interest was that I had a subjective feeling, just from seeing all the art go by over time, that some characters seem to have a significantly disproportionately higher chance for their sketches to get colored, relative to how often they show up.

So I went through the patreon posts filtered by 'color art', copied down the tags for each post that show the characters in them, and compared the number of colored pieces for each character to the total number of pieces they're in as measured by the number patreon displays for their tag. This yields a score for each character measuring the odds that a piece containing them will be colored, calculated as (colored pieces)/(total pieces - colored pieces). The top 10 entries, excluding characters with fewer than 5 appearances as not having enough for the numbers to be significant, are as follows:

Code: Select all

Character  Appearances  Colored  Odds

Saria      6            6        100.0%
Rose       22           15       68.2%
Therie     12           7        58.3%
Adira      14           7        50.0%
Daniels    10           5        50.0%
Euchre     9            4        44.4%
Nora       29           12       41.4%
Adelaide   25           10       40.0%
Maeve      28           11       39.3%
Laura      37           13       35.1%
(And, just for fun, the main four are sitting at: Trace - 29.3%, Flora - 29.6%, Keith - 33.6%, Natani - 32.2%. The median chance to be colored, across all characters, is 29.4%.)

I, of course, quickly noticed something interesting, namely that Rose is way up compared to almost everyone else. Moreover, for two other characters on this list their color appearances are strongly linked to being in the same sketch as Rose - half of Euchre's and 5/6ths of Saria's color appearances also include Rose.

So what can we conclude from this particular bit of mathematical daydreaming? Well, probably not *that* much, this is just for fun. But I do think that one thing is clear, based on this:

Rose is Best Girl. It is scientifically proven. :grin:

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster

#3574 Post by MuonNeutrino »

And apparently I get to make three posts in a row here, because today we get to see Laura's sisters being completely worthless people, in:

Sisterly Manipulation

When I saw this one again, I suddenly had an amusing mental image pop into my head - a scene from a hypothetical storyline about Keith going back to the fox lands to return Laura's ashes. He would, of course, be accompanied by Natani, who, thanks to the totally-not-canon contacts he's had with Laura's ghost in various patreon sketches, is fully aware of the suffering Laura's sisters inflicted on her (and by extension, Keith). As a result, somewhere along the way Natani gets fed up with the completely-insincere expressions of grief/sympathy from them, and pulls them aside for a little bit of... wolven persuasion. :mrgreen: (I.e. something like "I know what you did to Laura and Keith. If you ever even *think* about doing anything that would hurt him again, I will feed you your own tails. Now get lost and leave him alone!") I find the mental image of the very tall, very intimidating wolven assassin scaring the crap out of these two wastes of space highly amusing. :grin:

I also find it interesting that there's only two of her sisters here. Her ref sheet says she had two older sisters and a fraternal twin sister, and specifically calls out the older ones when it talks about manipulation - I wonder if it's only her older sisters that are such jerks and if her twin is more sympathetic?

steelabjur
Council Member

#3575 Post by steelabjur »

Tom took time out of his day today to post a little Advertising. Flora seems less than thrilled.

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:20 pm And apparently I get to make three posts in a row here, because today we get to see Laura's sisters being completely worthless people, in:

Sisterly Manipulation

I also find it interesting that there's only two of her sisters here. Her ref sheet says she had two older sisters and a fraternal twin sister, and specifically calls out the older ones when it talks about manipulation - I wonder if it's only her older sisters that are such jerks and if her twin is more sympathetic?
I suspect we'll see the twin when Keith brings Laura's ashes home. I always thought it would be amusing if the more aggressive "private moments" sketches we saw between Laura and Keith was actually the twin pretending to be Laura (unknown to both Keith and Laura). Imagine Keith arrives at the village with his burden and his met with a little Fox/Baistin kid belonging to the sister?

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3576 Post by tony1695 »

We get the first of the coloured pieces with Cyberpunk Raine!
No, Raine, I trust you, I just don't think poking around my head will be safe for you.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#3577 Post by SpottedKitty »

tony1695 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:36 pm We get the first of the coloured pieces with Cyberpunk Raine!
I had to laugh when I realised the cable was plugged into her ear. Is something glowing in there...? :wink:
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3578 Post by Ddraig »

SpottedKitty wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:12 pm
tony1695 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:36 pm We get the first of the coloured pieces with Cyberpunk Raine!
I had to laugh when I realised the cable was plugged into her ear. Is something glowing in there...? :wink:
I think that's just the thinning of fur that is naturally found on the inside of ears rather than a glow (or, given it's cyberpunk Raine, is an analog for that), so the skin is showing through

And I think I'd trust her intentions, if not her capabilities, assuming it's the same Raine as in the comics
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3579 Post by Technic[Bot] »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:20 pm And apparently I get to make three posts in a row here, because today we get to see Laura's sisters being completely worthless people, in:

Sisterly Manipulation

When I saw this one again, I suddenly had an amusing mental image pop into my head - a scene from a hypothetical storyline about Keith going back to the fox lands to return Laura's ashes. He would, of course, be accompanied by Natani, who, thanks to the totally-not-canon contacts he's had with Laura's ghost in various patreon sketches, is fully aware of the suffering Laura's sisters inflicted on her (and by extension, Keith). As a result, somewhere along the way Natani gets fed up with the completely-insincere expressions of grief/sympathy from them, and pulls them aside for a little bit of... wolven persuasion. :mrgreen: (I.e. something like "I know what you did to Laura and Keith. If you ever even *think* about doing anything that would hurt him again, I will feed you your own tails. Now get lost and leave him alone!") I find the mental image of the very tall, very intimidating wolven assassin scaring the crap out of these two wastes of space highly amusing. :grin:

Well as usual nice shy people tend to have the worst kind of siblings.
In any case Laura was 16 when she meet her (un)timely demise. And her sisters are older perhaps a year maybe 2?
So by the time Keith finally returns to deliver their ashes. Well I do not think there would be anyone left. Her parents are probably death now and. Her older sisters will be too old or death to care. Maybe her twin sister and any children her sisters had. And that is considering they all survive the war.
At the end of the day what I am trying to say is that Nat is unlikely to meet Laura sisters and by extension Keith adoptive fox family.
steelabjur wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:27 pm
I suspect we'll see the twin when Keith brings Laura's ashes home. I always thought it would be amusing if the more aggressive "private moments" sketches we saw between Laura and Keith was actually the twin pretending to be Laura (unknown to both Keith and Laura). Imagine Keith arrives at the village with his burden and his met with a little Fox/Baistin kid belonging to the sister?
I hope not
It will be painful enough to return there for Keith. On top of that imagine if he has to deliver the ashes to her deceased fiancee spitting image/twin and his children. The guy has gone through a lot....
No, Raine, I trust you, I just don't think poking around my head will be safe for you.
I am gonna lose all my street cred for this. (As if I had any) But what is this sketch referencing to?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3580 Post by tony1695 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:15 am
I am gonna lose all my street cred for this. (As if I had any) But what is this sketch referencing to?
I don't think it's a specific piece of media so much as it's the Cyberpunk genre as a whole.
Also, now that I look at the pic, is her left arm cybernetic?
Gentlementlemen

steelabjur
Council Member

#3581 Post by steelabjur »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:15 am [
steelabjur wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:27 pm
I hope not
It will be painful enough to return there for Keith. On top of that imagine if he has to deliver the ashes to her deceased fiancee spitting image/twin and his children. The guy has gone through a lot....
See, I see Keith as sort of the Miles O'Brian of TwoKinds, every few chapters has to have a "Kick Keith" storyline. Because he's a easy character for the reader to empathize with and the lows he suffers make the highs he achieves seem even higher because we've seen him bottom out. Right now he's in a pretty good spot, it's only a matter of time before the shoe drops again.
tony1695 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:25 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:15 am
I don't think it's a specific piece of media so much as it's the Cyberpunk genre as a whole.
Also, now that I look at the pic, is her left arm cybernetic?
It's loosely based on Netrunner, a cyberpunk themed collectible card game with bluffing. Makes me wonder if she's meant to be a hacker, ICE, or something else (AI?) though.

Arm looks metallic grey and lacks the fur of the right one. And is it just me, or does it seem like her paw pads have a bit of a glow to them? I have to admit I really like this sketch, but I'm a HUGE sucker for cyberpunk and I'm on and off writing a cyberpunk story that features a support character/love interest who uses a anthro wolf cyberspace avatar, so I'm certainly biased! :grin:

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3582 Post by tony1695 »

steelabjur wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:54 am Arm looks metallic grey and lacks the fur of the right one. And is it just me, or does it seem like her paw pads have a bit of a glow to them?
I think it's more a metallic or plastic sheen than a glow. Not entirely sure how well that would work for gripping things though.
Gentlementlemen

steelabjur
Council Member

#3583 Post by steelabjur »

tony1695 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:11 am
steelabjur wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:54 am Arm looks metallic grey and lacks the fur of the right one. And is it just me, or does it seem like her paw pads have a bit of a glow to them?
I think it's more a metallic or plastic sheen than a glow. Not entirely sure how well that would work for gripping things though.
Well, given her digital form, gripping things wouldn't be much of a problem. :wink:

Astehnir
Traveler

#3584 Post by Astehnir »

steelabjur wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:54 am It's loosely based on Netrunner, a cyberpunk themed collectible card game with bluffing. Makes me wonder if she's meant to be a hacker, ICE, or something else (AI?) though.
It's based on a class available in the old pen & paper Cyberpunk RPG. https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Netrunner
Draco sum; Draci nil a me alienum puto est.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#3585 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Yes...I've seen some pretty cool color pics posted this week, including this one >> Human Girls. :)
Videre videnda.