Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

#3136 Post by Insomniac »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:52 pm
Insomniac wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:49 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:53 pm Dad of Boy God of War for ps4.
I had forgotten how good single-player story driven games were.
A lot of the industry seem to have forgotten that too. It's good to see that not all of it has though. Dad of Boy is definitely high on my must get once I get a PS4 list.
It is not that open-world games are bad. But ther is just too many of them these days. Besides there things that open-world/multiplayer games are really bad at doing. For example telling a good story. In any case it is a great game although a bit on the short side.
Oh, wasn't saying open world games are bad by any stretch. I mean, that Mad Max game is on my list too, after all.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

maniack11

#3137 Post by maniack11 »

I've recently been playing old Nintendo stuff for the nostalgia (mostly GameCube stuff). I've started a profile in Metroid Prime one and two, star Fox adventures, Ultimate Spider Man, Fzero Gx, Zelda Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.

All fine these games (besides fzero and star fox) have compelling stories and a good atmosphere set up by the music. Holy sweet sh#t the music. I nearly cried when I heard the Metroid prime title theme for the first time in 8 years. The memories associated with that game... I still am moved deeply by most, if not all, old Nintendo game's soundtracks.
It's Wednesday, my dudes

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3138 Post by Technic[Bot] »

maniack11 wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:19 am I've recently been playing old Nintendo stuff for the nostalgia (mostly GameCube stuff). I've started a profile in Metroid Prime one and two, star Fox adventures, Ultimate Spider Man, Fzero Gx, Zelda Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess.

All fine these games (besides fzero and star fox) have compelling stories and a good atmosphere set up by the music. Holy sweet sh#t the music. I nearly cried when I heard the Metroid prime title theme for the first time in 8 years. The memories associated with that game... I still am moved deeply by most, if not all, old Nintendo game's soundtracks.
One of the best thing at nintendo is sound design and the soundtracks. I think the only ones who can actually do better are the guys at square-soft
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

maniack11

#3139 Post by maniack11 »

I started trying to learn some speed running tricks for fzero gx, and I managed to get my best lap time on Green plant Spiral to around 10 seconds below the world record
It's Wednesday, my dudes

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3140 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Horse riding simulator 1899 (Know commercially as Red Dead Redemption 2)
This game is gorgeous, even on my years old PS4 it looks crisp nice and detailed. The gameplay loop is fun an interesting. And the story is great, a lot of people say you can't make a good story on open world games since you can't control the how player will complete the missions. but this game manages to tell a deep coherent, and engaging story and hopefully more game developers will learn from this tittle on how to adapt really good storytelling to open worlds (i am looking at you squenix!)
There ia a lot of deserved praise around this game, but it is not perfect: For some reason the developer imagined that we would gawk endlessly at the precious 3D rendered vistas and landscapes so the fast travelling option is severely limited, so a lot of time you spend horserinding from point a to b and the map is huge. I play with my cellphone in hand so i can do something else while waiting to go from the camp to Saint Dennis , my favorite location in game.
There is also the character speed, while walking you have 5 speeds: dragging you body across the mud, pacing around on a cool night, normal walking, break neck running and slightly faster running or sprinting. The first too are only available indoors or in camp so it is a pain to move around those place, and outside you are either dashing or casually strolling around wich makes any precision movement very hard to do. Like turning around and looting a chest, for whatever reason feels like a whole puzzle, you always seem to en on top or too far from anything interactable again since there are only two speed when moving. On top of that you characters feels like a tank.
The problem is less severe on horseback as the speed progression is more linear, but prepare to loose your thumb as you need to keep smashing that button to keep the gallop. so most of the galloping is done on cinematic mode or as ia call it 'just drive yourself' mode.
The gunplay is ok, nothing like a true and thought shooter and i have no idea why they only give you a dot as a crosshair but it is nice.Althoguh sometimes you actively feel like the gun controls fight you.
Finally hunting is a chore, you need to track hunt and pelt the animals, then take them to town to sell them for less money than what the ammo you used cost. I probably simple suck at that mechanic, but it never seem to hunt any decent animals.
Also you loot everything independently and the animation plays everytime...
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3141 Post by Insomniac »

I've played through the CoD games I have again in the past week and change. The Modern Warfare trilogy, Black Ops one and two (Two of my top three CoD campaigns right there), Ghosts (the third, the above three in no particular order), Advanced Warfare. Started playing the Uncharted games again. By the end of the month, I'll have a PS4 finally and I'll be starting in on Warframe first while I wait to get money to buy games with.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#3142 Post by Envy661 »

Just reinstalled Destiny 2. Burned out on Smash ATM. Might get back into Monster Hunter World, but who knows?
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3143 Post by Insomniac »

I've played through Uncharted 4 (but not Lost Legacy yet), the melee combat is definitely the best it's been, and the shooting. I've played partly through Watchdogs 2, it's okay, and some of CoD Infinite Warfare. I do not understand the hate there, it's a solid game. Only playing the campaign though. Mirror's Edge Catalyst, finished it after an ungodly number of BS deaths (Seriously, that last fight against TWO guys that can hit you without hitting you, could stunlock you ALONE and ABSOLUTELY can together...), loving the necromancer in Diablo 3, and I'm actually enjoying Mass Effect Andromeda so far.

NuclearBird
Master

#3144 Post by NuclearBird »

Between finishing Crysis 3 and getting my full experience of Dishonored 2, I've been getting back into Team Fortress 2 and finally worked up the motivation to play War Thunder Naval Battles.
Now, if I could New Vegas back up and running, that'd be great.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3145 Post by Technic[Bot] »

ChessMater SimDating 2012
Know by its commercial name of fire emblem awakening.
Tight and smart strategy gameplay although harder than it looks: i am not sure if the enemy should score a 1% critical hit three consecutive times on three different chapters restarts. But I probably just suck at the game.
Surprisingly the pairing mechanic is pretty interesting too, playing cupid with your virtual soldiers is more fun than it should be. Although some pairing are not that well written and/or not very optimal stats wise.
Other than that great experience if you have a 3DS this is definitely a sound investment.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3146 Post by Insomniac »

*sounds of incoherent joy while insomniac-pooch swings around New York in Spider-Man* Yup, this game is good!

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#3147 Post by Sage Asuka »

Wandersong

It's a cute little Indie game that was recommended to me by a friend and I can't get enough of it. Just a lil ray of hope during a time when things are super stressful. Highly recommend it. I think it just dropped on PS4, but I got it on Switch.
Image Image Image Image

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3148 Post by Schrodinger »

Finally cracked open my copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Remix that my girlfriend bought me. Currently on Birth By Sleep on a Terra run.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3149 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Resident evil 2
Not gonna lie never played the original went it first come out i was too young to play it, and it would have scared the [expletive] out of my younger self.
But i will agree on most reviewers here: This is masterclass.
My only gripe is Mr X. bless his souls but god dammit i am trying to push these bookcases I have no time to play with you >:(
Also occasionally running low of ammo is more annoying than tense...
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3150 Post by Insomniac »

Diablo 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Spider-Man are occupying my attention lately. Also occasionally slowly flying around space and sniping fools in Dreadnought.