Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Warrl
Grand Templar

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3301 Post by Warrl »

On top of all that i hate that gift game. Nobody ever gets what he wants and everyone gives only crap.
One person's "inexpensive and interesting/amusing" is another person's "cheap crap".

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3302 Post by TheMouse »

steelabjur wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:37 pm Kat's best laid trap for Eric leads to a Mistletoe Mistake.
I always feel so bad for Kat. She's miserably trying to get the one she loves to notice her and it always goes wrong. That's rough.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#3303 Post by AmigaDragon »

Snowball + squirrel = flying squirrel. :grin: Snowball Squirrel
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3304 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I know this is supposed to be on somewhat chronological order but i forgot posting this and i found it too funny to let it pass.
Keith has to carry his Egg Nogged wolf since Nat has been too liberal with the drink. I am sure Keith is stronger than your average man. But come on Nat you are likely twice his weight, at least 90 Kg, and over 2 meters tall, give your boyfriend a break.
Also just how alcoholic can egg nog get? All recipes i know involve a very moderate amount of alcohol for around a liter of beverage. And i imagine that if you add to much the milk or the egg will curdle. but i digress...
TheMouse wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:08 am
steelabjur wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:37 pm Kat's best laid trap for Eric leads to a Mistletoe Mistake.
I always feel so bad for Kat. She's miserably trying to get the one she loves to notice her and it always goes wrong. That's rough.
On top of that her "romantic interest" is a creep, his foster brother, and arguably not a good guy. Hopefully she can move on from him someday and find some better suitors.
Anyhow don't forget about that poor golem. It just needs some love on its life. It is probably pretty lonely standing in that hallway all day long.

Regarding my previos post, which got more replies than it oughts to:
Spoiler!
MuonNeutrino wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:11 pm Comfort, or lack thereof, with the basic idea aside (which is entirely subjective, so nothing wrong with that), I do think it *could* be a bit creepy but doesn't necessarily *have* to be. (As an aside, a TK version is of course going to be powered by a mana crystal rather than a battery, and we've seen that a normal-sized mana crystal isn't destructive even when shattered, so that particular worry probably doesn't apply here.) The idea of someone else 'operating' it is of course potentially problematic, but the key here is consent. It'd be a privacy violation and a personal space breach if Natani hadn't specifically *wanted* to give the remote into Keith's control, but he did. At that point it's not someone else doing something which invades Natani's privacy and personal space, it's *Natani and Keith* willingly doing something together. In that case it's certainly a bit kinky, but I'd be hard pressed to ever call anything having to do with Keith and Natani's relationship creepy - they're too cute for that. Now, of course, the mix-up complicates things. Natani was *intending* to give control of the remote to Keith, not Trace. At that point it arguably does become a privacy/personal space breach, but I think it's important to note that it's not something that anybody intended or did on purpose. It certainly is/will be extremely embarrassing, which is where the humor is supposed to come from (that particular brand of humor does nothing for me, but that's just me), but it's not someone maliciously or intentionally invading Nat's privacy/personal space or taking pleasure from it, which is IMO what would make it creepy.

Which isn't to say that the whole situation doesn't make me cringe a bit. Characters embarrassing themselves/getting into embarrassing situations has always made me feel acutely uncomfortable rather than amused, which mostly comes from my own social anxiety I think. I can never find it funny, as my brain is always too busy reflexively imagining myself in that same position. I just have a hard time laughing at a character's discomfort.
I understand that he was intending to give it to Keith for their mutual "enjoyment" , however if find the whole "power play" intended or otherwise, implied in the "device" and its "operation" uncomfortable. I know some people are into that and that is completely fine, whatever floats their boat. Alas is not my cup of tea.
On the other hand I just can't find the situation funny at all. For a similar reason. I find the idea to be horribly and painfully embarrassing for those involved and by simple empathy I cannot derive any amusement from it. I just feel sorry for those caught in the joke even if they do not really exist. But i can still sympathize with the idea of someone not wanting to go through that humiliation.
Finally is a bit out of character, if we go for how their relationship is depicted on the side sketches Nat would never give Keith the remote, he would keep it himself and give/impose the "device" to our favorite long eared cougar-rabbit/basitin.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#3305 Post by Hulk10 »

AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:54 am Snowball + squirrel = flying squirrel. :grin: Snowball Squirrel
Poor little Mrs. Nibbley………. :squirrel:
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#3306 Post by AmigaDragon »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:15 amAlso just how alcoholic can egg nog get? All recipes i know involve a very moderate amount of alcohol for around a liter of beverage. And i imagine that if you add to much the milk or the egg will curdle. but i digress...
Very, if like Penny (Big Bang Theory), you rinse out the nog carton repeatedly with rum.
Anyhow don't forget about that poor golem. It just needs some love on its life. It is probably pretty lonely standing in that hallway all day long.
How bored can a golem get? It's programmed to do a task (protect), not smart enough to spend its idle time thinking. Does your computer get bored if it's left on when you go to bed?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3307 Post by aitaituo »

steelabjur
Council Member

#3308 Post by steelabjur »

Nat continues his education in Basitin Wooing - Advanced Lessons being taught by ghostly professor Laura in a sketch too hot for Patreon (contains dakimakuras, ropes, ballgags, and whips)! :P

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3309 Post by Technic[Bot] »

AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:43 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:15 amAlso just how alcoholic can egg nog get? All recipes i know involve a very moderate amount of alcohol for around a liter of beverage. And i imagine that if you add to much the milk or the egg will curdle. but i digress...
Very, if like Penny (Big Bang Theory), you rinse out the nog carton repeatedly with rum.
Well at that point it is just rum.
AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:43 pm
How bored can a golem get? It's programmed to do a task (protect), not smart enough to spend its idle time thinking. Does your computer get bored if it's left on when you go to bed?
Meant it more as a joke. In any case the golem seemed to puzzled by Kat weird behavior and blushed a little after the kiss so I imagine is a bit more intelligent than my computer.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3310 Post by Ddraig »

Treat Yourself
Now in color!

edit: we seem to have also missed Instant Festivities
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3311 Post by Ddraig »

Couple more:
Christmas Gathering
The gang around the Christmas table

and Giftbox Flora
The same as earlier, but colored
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

steelabjur
Council Member

#3312 Post by steelabjur »

Today, we get Island Style Reni, with bonuses (and I'm not talking about the two "bonuses" Eric added)!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3313 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Ddraig wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:49 pm Couple more:
Christmas Gathering
The gang around the Christmas table

and Giftbox Flora
The same as earlier, but colored
I picture Flora as that small and slim girl that eats like a 100 kg profesional wrestler and never puts on any weight. Just a thought.
steelabjur wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:47 pm Today, we get Island Style Reni, with bonuses (and I'm not talking about the two "bonuses" Eric added)!
I said when the sketch first came out but I will say it again. Eric "additions" look really weird Reni.
Other than that nice drawing.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3314 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Sorry for the double post but we already missed one sketc, again, so i figured there is no harm done right?
*don't ban me please*
So there is this dream lots of people have when they turn up to school in underwear or something like that, it is of course An irrational nightmare specially in the case of Flora.
Still i am surprised by how many in the comments that claim to still have that sort of dream despite having graduate a couple decades ago...

On the next colored sketch we got Laura Waiting by the shore for his beloved Keith. We all know how that ended...
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

NuclearBird
Master

#3315 Post by NuclearBird »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 am An irrational nightmare specially in the case of Flora.
Still i am surprised by how many in the comments that claim to still have that sort of dream despite having graduate a couple decades ago...
*insert Freudian Joke*
Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:10 am On the next colored sketch we got Laura Waiting by the shore for his beloved Keith. We all know how that ended...
Why this have to hurt me so?! Why?
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.