Sketch of the Day

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Ddraig
Templar Master

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3286 Post by Ddraig »

tony1695 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:59 am
Lordadmiral Drake wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:39 pm Keith is being treated by himself and seems conflicted about it S:P
I wonder if this is indicative of how things would have turned out if it had been a young female Basitin who had washed up on the beach and got adopted by a Keidran tribe instead. Would she have been under pressure (real or imagined) to be more overtly sexual? Would they come to embrace much more of Keidran culture, discarding their more chaste and conservative Basitin upbringing? I'm probably just reading far too much into it though.
We haven't really seen much in the way of how Basitin females are brought up - only males. The Basitin King and FemKeith are the exceptions to this, and FemKeith seems to be fairly similar to Addy in that regard. FemKeith has always been my second or third favorite character, after the dragons (because dragons are awesome in addition to anything else)

Also new sketch is Image
Holiday Visit

Raine visits still-bedridden Zen, but christmas-y
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3287 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I expected the holidays to be a slow season for sketches, you know family and stuff. But Tom has been drawing all around:
As we know science has proven tropical beaches are 120% christmasy and so this sketch of Therie at the beachside bar is definitely holiday themed, just as diehard.*
Also keeping the "toasty" thematic of prior sketches The favorite couple snuggles in the winter
And who does not love a good old snowbal dragon fight? . Kei, Kei doesn't.
Meanwhile the favorite ship from 4 years in the future, at least, enjoy the calm Snowfall
Finally since I assume Raine is into some weird winter themed stuff we got Red as a sleddog
* You know i never really like Therie hairstyle, the way it melds into her fur, dunno it is weird...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3288 Post by tony1695 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:27 am Finally since I assume Raine is into some weird winter themed stuff we got Red as a sleddog
Nah, one time Red made her be the sleddog. She's just getting a little revenge.
Though we can't deny the possibility that she is also into some weird winter themed stuff.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#3289 Post by BadFoMo »

Foxx Trotter wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:31 pmTrouble on Two Legs

It'll take some getting used to. :grin:
I'm not exactly a fan of Lady Nora, but for some reason I like this.

Anyway, this is making me think that, in another reality, instead of getting Reni, Nora came back with a substantial loss of power.

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:32 amChristmas is almost all over us and thus we quite a thematic piece on:
Tree Climbing instinct
When you are marrying a cat lady you better make sure you cat-proof your house and decorations. Specially considering Christmas trees are
ridicously flammable
I'm still amazed that not only did this win, it won after only being suggested once! …And I only came up with that idea a few days before the stream; at that time I had another suggestion in place.

Anyway, thanks for the votes everyone; and drawings this, Tom!
P.S. This thing winning also kind of put a damper on my plans to quit submitting sketch requests; I guess I'll see how things go later.

tony1695 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:51 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:27 amFinally since I assume Raine is into some weird winter themed stuff we got Red as a sleddog
Nah, one time Red made her be the sleddog. She's just getting a little revenge.
Though we can't deny the possibility that she is also into some weird winter themed stuff.
Is it just me, or do those antlers remind anyone else of How the Grinch stole Christmas?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

steelabjur
Council Member

#3290 Post by steelabjur »

Trace gets the best presents, Giftbox Flora! Not that Daniels could complain with Therie at the Beachside Bar. (both DA links)

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#3291 Post by Neutral Smith »

We missed a few sketches (I usually use this topic as a reminder), like Christmas Dress Keith, Giftbox Flora (DA link), and I think a few more, but I consider those 'not special'.

I like Shopping at Magpie's for some reason. Beginning of a Chaotic Neutral? The Mask? Who knows...
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

steelabjur
Council Member

#3292 Post by steelabjur »

Bzzt! Bzzt! Secret Santa Mix-up!

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3293 Post by TheMouse »

steelabjur wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:27 pm Bzzt! Bzzt! Secret Santa Mix-up!
Kinky mouse approves these shenanigans.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3294 Post by Technic[Bot] »

TheMouse wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:19 pm
Uhmmm... I only find it low-key creepy.

In any case recent coverage of sketches has been a bit spoty, I know its holidays and all of us here have better stuff to do.
But this pieces is just too adorable not to archive it in this thread for posterity.
Maeve being and adorable Chirstmas crasher .
Now If you do not mind I need an insulin shot before the sketch makes me diabetic.

Alas Adira should really kid-proof that, it is all cute banter until you child ends crushed under the tree...
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3295 Post by TheMouse »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:35 am
TheMouse wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:19 pm
Uhmmm... I only find it low-key creepy.
I'm honestly kind of curious about your reasoning, if it's something you're able to parse out?
_____
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#3296 Post by Technic[Bot] »

So when you are really good all year around, but really, really RELLY good Santa might bring you a Christmas Kat as your gift.
Personally i would not complain.
TheMouse wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:54 am I'm honestly kind of curious about your reasoning, if it's something you're able to parse out?
Uhmm sure, I hope i can:
Spoiler!
Maybe creepy was not the best word choice, perhaps disgusting but that is a way too strong word for what i fell besides I could not find a better concept.
First i really do not like the whole concept behind that "device" I honestly find it a little disgusting. unsanitary and by definition more messy than i can tolerate. There is also the fact that i have worked with modern batteries and you do not want a unstable* LiPo battery near there.
That aside i also find the idea of someone else "operating" a enormous privacy violation and a personal space breach. And is even worse since it enden on teh wrong "recepiente" due to Nat not being able to understand the whole concept behind
Secret Santa.
On top of all that i hate that gift game. Nobody ever gets what he wants and everyone gives only crap.
So a weird combination of factors makes me feel a strong apprehension to the idea and feel the whole situation in quite an annoying and unpleasant. Poor Nat really.
Just an opinion though.
*Also known as defective or explosive
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3297 Post by TheMouse »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:55 am So when you are really good all year around, but really, really RELLY good Santa might bring you a Christmas Kat as your gift.
Personally i would not complain.
Nor I. I think this is my favorite Christmas art from this year.
Technic[bot] wrote:
TheMouse wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:54 am I'm honestly kind of curious about your reasoning, if it's something you're able to parse out?
Uhmm sure, I hope i can:
Spoiler!
Maybe creepy was not the best word choice, perhaps disgusting but that is a way too strong word for what i fell besides I could not find a better concept.
First i really do not like the whole concept behind that "device" I honestly find it a little disgusting. unsanitary and by definition more messy than i can tolerate. There is also the fact that i have worked with modern batteries and you do not want a unstable* LiPo battery near there.
That aside i also find the idea of someone else "operating" a enormous privacy violation and a personal space breach. And is even worse since it enden on teh wrong "recepiente" due to Nat not being able to understand the whole concept behind
Secret Santa.
On top of all that i hate that gift game. Nobody ever gets what he wants and everyone gives only crap.
So a weird combination of factors makes me feel a strong apprehension to the idea and feel the whole situation in quite an annoying and unpleasant. Poor Nat really.
Just an opinion though.
That's a lot to unpack. While I can't agree with you, I don't think you're necessarily wrong. Opinions and feelings are like that.
_____

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#3298 Post by Neptune »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:55 am
Spoiler!
That aside i also find the idea of someone else "operating" a enormous privacy violation and a personal space breach. And is even worse since it ended on the wrong "recepiente" due to Nat not being able to understand the whole concept behind
Secret Santa.
Just an opinion though.
This.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#3299 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:55 am
Spoiler!
That aside i also find the idea of someone else "operating" a enormous privacy violation and a personal space breach. And is even worse since it enden on teh wrong "recepiente" due to Nat not being able to understand the whole concept behind Secret Santa.
...So a weird combination of factors makes me feel a strong apprehension to the idea and feel the whole situation in quite an annoying and unpleasant. Poor Nat really.
Just an opinion though.
Comfort, or lack thereof, with the basic idea aside (which is entirely subjective, so nothing wrong with that), I do think it *could* be a bit creepy but doesn't necessarily *have* to be. (As an aside, a TK version is of course going to be powered by a mana crystal rather than a battery, and we've seen that a normal-sized mana crystal isn't destructive even when shattered, so that particular worry probably doesn't apply here.) The idea of someone else 'operating' it is of course potentially problematic, but the key here is consent. It'd be a privacy violation and a personal space breach if Natani hadn't specifically *wanted* to give the remote into Keith's control, but he did. At that point it's not someone else doing something which invades Natani's privacy and personal space, it's *Natani and Keith* willingly doing something together. In that case it's certainly a bit kinky, but I'd be hard pressed to ever call anything having to do with Keith and Natani's relationship creepy - they're too cute for that. Now, of course, the mix-up complicates things. Natani was *intending* to give control of the remote to Keith, not Trace. At that point it arguably does become a privacy/personal space breach, but I think it's important to note that it's not something that anybody intended or did on purpose. It certainly is/will be extremely embarrassing, which is where the humor is supposed to come from (that particular brand of humor does nothing for me, but that's just me), but it's not someone maliciously or intentionally invading Nat's privacy/personal space or taking pleasure from it, which is IMO what would make it creepy.

Which isn't to say that the whole situation doesn't make me cringe a bit. Characters embarrassing themselves/getting into embarrassing situations has always made me feel acutely uncomfortable rather than amused, which mostly comes from my own social anxiety I think. I can never find it funny, as my brain is always too busy reflexively imagining myself in that same position. I just have a hard time laughing at a character's discomfort.

steelabjur
Council Member

#3300 Post by steelabjur »

Kat's best laid trap for Eric leads to a Mistletoe Mistake.