Comic for December 5th, 2018: Something Out Of Place

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Deaththekat
Merchant

Comic for December 5th, 2018: Something Out Of Place

#1 Post by Deaththekat »

Ouuuu, I wonder if its shenanigans(Maddie and Karen) or if the groups little respite is really doomed to be this short.
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

Panther
Merchant

Re: Comic for December 5th, 2018: Something Out Of Place

#2 Post by Panther »

I bet that it's the keidran wolf they have captured recently : he's waked up and succeed to leave the "jail"
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#3 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Having just gotten a Twitter account app-synced to my smartphone, I got the memo almost as soon as this page came out. As a result, I would have been the one to post this, but I didn’t know how to link the image properly.

Either way, I was a bit startled by the news, as I was in the middle of writing a fanfic for another of my interest franchises. But as for my opinion on the page, I’m a mite curious about what’s going on myself. Is someone possibly in a forbidden area? (Raises an eyebrow IRL because none of the available smilies correspond to a simple eyebrow-raising.)
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

steelabjur
Council Member

#4 Post by steelabjur »

Rose's eyes turned blue when she got the notice that "someone is not where they should be!"

Hayate
The Hidden User

#5 Post by Hayate »

Oh that's interesting, the way her eyes changed color like that. Its like she can actually see what's going on somewhere else. It makes me wonder how deeply connected to this place she really is...
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#6 Post by Hulk10 »

Either its Karen and Maddie or its someone else.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by aitaituo »

That's some kind of magic. One wonders how much the spell is able to tell Rose or if she has other spells designed to make her a living security system. Maybe she can teleport around the house? It would make more sense than her being a ghost.

Rafe
Council Member

#8 Post by Rafe »

My question is: If "someone is not where they should be", does that mean that someone is somewhere that they shouldn't be?
In other words, someone is someplace that no one is supposed to be seeing (namely the mysterious third floor area).

The other implication is that Rose has some kind of intuition or foreknowledge of what everyone in the estate is doing and is going to do in the (at least near) future. If this predicted future has changed for some individual, it might mean that some force from the outside, or at least something beyond Rose's control, is present, and is causing interference to the "normal" way she controls things. It could be as simple as Maddie going beyond her predicted limits, or it might be some sinister outside force probing the Estate.

trantor
Apprentice

#9 Post by trantor »

:Maddie: - who else :grin:

Eclipse
Templar Master

#10 Post by Eclipse »

Obviously Maddie. She's been doing a lot of snooping around to map out the estate, I guess she finally found whatever's on the third floor.

What's more interesting though is how Rose seems to know, there's obviously some kind of magic letting her know where people are in the estate. Guess we're finally going to find out exactly how Rose is showing up out of nowhere.

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by SpottedKitty »

Eclipse wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:30 am Obviously Maddie. She's been doing a lot of snooping around to map out the estate, I guess she finally found whatever's on the third floor.
Only a matter of time, IMHO — look at a few pages back, where she found something that might be either a Perception Filter or a Someone Else's Problem field zone on the second floor.

Come to think of it... we know Maddie came to the estate with everyone else, but was she present when Rose mentioned the third floor being off-limits? I don't think we saw her on-camera until the next morning at breakfast; maybe she'd already vanished to scout out the house's layout?
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

Eclipse
Templar Master

#12 Post by Eclipse »

SpottedKitty wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:02 pm
Eclipse wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:30 am Obviously Maddie. She's been doing a lot of snooping around to map out the estate, I guess she finally found whatever's on the third floor.
Only a matter of time, IMHO — look at a few pages back, where she found something that might be either a Perception Filter or a Someone Else's Problem field zone on the second floor.

Come to think of it... we know Maddie came to the estate with everyone else, but was she present when Rose mentioned the third floor being off-limits? I don't think we saw her on-camera until the next morning at breakfast; maybe she'd already vanished to scout out the house's layout?
Yeah, I don't think we saw Maddie at all since Team A arrived at the estate. Given her talent at scouting it's entirely possible she slipped away from the party to try and map the place out, but who knows?

Rafe
Council Member

#13 Post by Rafe »

I think what has happened is that Rose has lost contact with someone. And I'll bet it has something to do with magic suppression - something we've seen before.

Perhaps one of those involved with the magic suppression ankle bracelet and its effects (Raine, Zen or Natani) is doing some experimenting with similar magic. My two main theories are:

1) Raine, feeling more confident in her abilities lately, is trying to see if she can duplicate its results, and is trying to see if she can control her transitions between her human and wolf-keidran forms.

2) Natani, wanting a more secure mental distance from Zen, is using it to close the link long enough to drag Keith into some secluded area for an extended snog-fest that she has been dying to have, but has been afraid to attempt since the mind-link with Zen has come back on line (and their subsequent argument on that subject).

Combak
Citizen

#14 Post by Combak »

You know, I have to wonder how useful a Gate Key really is. I mean, if you want to get yourself home, you have to lose the key, right?

SomeBody
Citizen

#15 Post by SomeBody »

Makes a good escape plan.

I see Tom is trying to deal with the "why don't they just stay here" issue, but I still don't really buy it. None of those problems go away just because they flee into the woods.