Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Sketch of the Day

#3151 Post by Technic[Bot] »

tony1695 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:40 am
Ddraig wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:21 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:28 am
tony1695 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:03 pm Today, we get to see Adrakist Flora!
You know i never really like the way Tom does Anthromorphized (?) lizards/dragons/reptiles. The whole idea simply does no add in my head: "No there is no way that tail even 'meshes' much less works with previous anatomy"...
It seems like he does Adrakist tails differently than actual anthro'ed dragons (e.g. Human Nora). Adrakist Flora's tail is bigger than her torso, while Nora's is much more reasonable
It's like the tail is less actual flesh and bone and more a detachable magical construct.
Honestly you bring a fair point. Yet ever since we were introduced to our favorite fake dragon i have been wondering: How does that work?
Is it like transformation magic, alchemy, hardcore plastic surgery? Is it permanent or can she "take it off "when she needs to? I imagine her tail gets stuck in all places and sometimes she needs to be a bit more discreet.
Is it actually just an ilusion spell and/or telekinesis? Is it maybe just armor or a disguise?
In any case i imagine it is pretty damn hard to walk with that thing draggin behind.
Warrl wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:54 am Oh, I recognized the music...
Kellard wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:24 pm
Spoiler! language
I was not expecting this trio being known anywhere else...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#3152 Post by Kellard »

Warrl wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:17 pm
Kellard wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:24 pm
The image in the spoiler doesn't show because part of the URL got censored.
Swear filter...

Ddraig
Templar Master

#3153 Post by Ddraig »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:35 am
tony1695 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:40 am
Ddraig wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:21 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:28 am
tony1695 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:03 pm Today, we get to see Adrakist Flora!
You know i never really like the way Tom does Anthromorphized (?) lizards/dragons/reptiles. The whole idea simply does no add in my head: "No there is no way that tail even 'meshes' much less works with previous anatomy"...
It seems like he does Adrakist tails differently than actual anthro'ed dragons (e.g. Human Nora). Adrakist Flora's tail is bigger than her torso, while Nora's is much more reasonable
It's like the tail is less actual flesh and bone and more a detachable magical construct.
Honestly you bring a fair point. Yet ever since we were introduced to our favorite fake dragon i have been wondering: How does that work?
Is it like transformation magic, alchemy, hardcore plastic surgery? Is it permanent or can she "take it off "when she needs to? I imagine her tail gets stuck in all places and sometimes she needs to be a bit more discreet.
Is it actually just an ilusion spell and/or telekinesis? Is it maybe just armor or a disguise?
In any case i imagine it is pretty damn hard to walk with that thing draggin behind.
My running theory is that it's a physical prosthetic that probably has magically-enabled motor skills, with an illusory blending with the wearer's skin. Before/after Seraphina's fight, she went from scales that merged with her skin smoothly to looking like she was wearing boots and gloves after her magic was disrupted. She was still able to go all puppy-dog tail when she met Reni, though, so that wasn't interfered with (which does make it... difficult. maybe locomotion is reliant on something other than her necklace?)
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3154 Post by tony1695 »

For the first coloured piece, we get to see Kathrin showing off her Assassin Outfit.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Arcus_Deer
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: n

#3155 Post by Arcus_Deer »

It's been too long since the last color piece, more than a month! This one looks great though!

Warrl
Grand Templar

#3156 Post by Warrl »

At least two species will be programmed* to notice that exposed bright-white cleavage... bad design choice for steath.

* I won't get into whether it's cultural or biological programming.

Tyger42
Apprentice

#3157 Post by Tyger42 »

tony1695 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:17 pm For the first coloured piece, we get to see Kathrin showing off her Assassin Outfit.
Honestly, this is way sexier than the "human Kathrin" pic. And I do like the weaponized sewing needles. :3

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3158 Post by tony1695 »

Warrl wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:42 am At least two species will be programmed* to notice that exposed bright-white cleavage... bad design choice for steath.
Unless it's meant to serve as a distraction, though, then it's a good design choice.
Tyger42 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:36 am Honestly, this is way sexier than the "human Kathrin" pic. And I do like the weaponized sewing needles. :3
Coat them in a potent enough poison, the target might not even know something's wrong until the moment they collapse.
Gentlementlemen

NuclearBird
Master

#3159 Post by NuclearBird »

tony1695 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:17 pm For the first coloured piece, we get to see Kathrin showing off her Assassin Outfit.
+5 Agility
+5 Luck
+25 Sneak
+25 Stamina
+5 to all Barter and Speech Checks
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3160 Post by tony1695 »

Today, we see Kathrin being offered lessons in Tigress Temptation. (DA Link)
Gentlementlemen

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#3161 Post by aitaituo »

Does anyone think the colored version seems a little flatter than the sketch version?

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#3162 Post by Hulk10 »

tony1695 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:25 pm Today, we see Kathrin being offered lessons in Tigress Temptation. (DA Link)
Those Tigresses and Kat are sooo attractive. :heart:
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3163 Post by tony1695 »

Today we get to see Nora showing off a little Draconic Elegance.
Gentlementlemen

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#3164 Post by IHeartMaeve »

tony1695 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:50 pm Today we get to see Nora showing off a little Draconic Elegance.
Honestly, though, I don’t quite remember seeing this one as a sketch. Did I miss something, or was I just away too long?
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3165 Post by tony1695 »

Adrakist Flora
, in colour!
She looks a little manic. Does giving mortals a taste of a dragon's powers give them a high?
Gentlementlemen