Comic for September 11, 2018: Madelyn Complex

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafe
Council Member

Comic for September 11, 2018: Madelyn Complex

#1 Post by Rafe »

Uh oh - Shrimpy. This doesn't look good.
Also, look how Maddy's eyes change in every panel. I don't remember seeing those intense little golden pupils before, they look like they could bore holes through Karen.

Otherwise, it looks like someone (probably Rose) has been altering the interior of the building in order to hide something.

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: Comic for September 11, 2018: Madelyn Complex

#2 Post by Hayate »

lol Maddie is so triggered xD I can't wait to see her flip out :Maddie:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Warrl
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Warrl »

Um, Karen... Maddie is a tough warrior. Just not of the "mighty" sort. Her talents and skills are of a different sort, and they earned her the rank of Lieutenant, from an organization that doesn't hand rank out easily.

And even so, she could beat the tar out of you with one hand and one ear tied behind her back.

She is NOT a kid in any sense you're accustomed to except chronological age - and some people don't exactly believe her claimed age. Lying about it would be perfectly consistent with her duties.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#4 Post by Eclipse »

You have no idea the world of hurt you are in for Karen.

Also, definitely look like there's some kind of magic at play in the manor, probably to keep people away from secrets such as whatever's on the third floor.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#5 Post by BadFoMo »

I'm reminded of that one episode of Dr. Who where creature known as ‘Prisoner Zero’ was hiding out in his (#11's) next assistance's home and somehow altered her mind to forget that one of the rooms wasn't there.

P.S. I like Maddie's look in the last panel.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

sotanaht
Traveler

#6 Post by sotanaht »

Anyone notice the heart pointing to the room on the left side? Wonder who's that is.

Tyger42
Apprentice

#7 Post by Tyger42 »

Warrl wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:38 pm Um, Karen... Maddie is a tough warrior. Just not of the "mighty" sort. Her talents and skills are of a different sort, and they earned her the rank of Lieutenant, from an organization that doesn't hand rank out easily.

And even so, she could beat the tar out of you with one hand and one ear tied behind her back.

She is NOT a kid in any sense you're accustomed to except chronological age - and some people don't exactly believe her claimed age. Lying about it would be perfectly consistent with her duties.
I wonder if she suspects that Mads is lying about her age. Hence the wording of her question. "Aren't you SUPPOSED TO BE younger...."

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#8 Post by tony1695 »

In a society that really doesn't care about your parentage, only abilities, it makes sense that Maddy would have been bullied without any fear of significant consequences. Looks like any attack on her size or physique were the ones that hurt the most. Karen, you've made a mistake, Maddy's skillset is more geared towards subterfuge. Much worse than someone who will simply punch you in the face.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Butterscotch
Master

#9 Post by Butterscotch »

Speaking of subterfuge, Maddie IS a spy. It looks like she's trying to map out trace's manor. Is there any reason she'd be doing that for the group? If not, what would the Basitin isles want with Trace's manor?
The Scottish Dograccoon!

Gimme trash.

sotanaht
Traveler

#10 Post by sotanaht »

Butterscotch wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:39 am Speaking of subterfuge, Maddie IS a spy. It looks like she's trying to map out trace's manor. Is there any reason she'd be doing that for the group? If not, what would the Basitin isles want with Trace's manor?
There are plenty of reasons why she would think that she and/or Keith would need that information, without involving the homeland at all. Today they might be safe but tomorrow they could be running for their lives or fighting off a siege or god knows what, and who knows what might be lurking behind door number 7 that she can't see but seems to know is there. A good spy is always gathering intelligence on everyone and everything, just in case it might come in handy later.

Drago_Whooves

#11 Post by Drago_Whooves »

BadFoMo wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:40 pm I'm reminded of that one episode of Dr. Who where creature known as ‘Prisoner Zero’ was hiding out in his (#11's) next assistance's home and somehow altered her mind to forget that one of the rooms wasn't there.

P.S. I like Maddie's look in the last panel.
I thought the same thing, great episode

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#12 Post by Insomniac »

Oh dear, Karen pressed the Edward Elrich button...
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Panther
Merchant

#13 Post by Panther »

OUCH , Madelyn in the last panel ............. I feel soon for hairs pulled and head shock against the walls :Maddie:
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#14 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

BadFoMo wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:40 pm I'm reminded of that one episode of Dr. Who where creature known as ‘Prisoner Zero’ was hiding out in his (#11's) next assistance's home and somehow altered her mind to forget that one of the rooms wasn't there.
Yes! That, and "perception filters" in general from Doctor Who.
Also reminds me of Grimmauld Place from Harry Potter.

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#15 Post by ZeroJinKui »

sotanaht wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:19 am Anyone notice the heart pointing to the room on the left side? Wonder who's that is.
probably keith's room... maddie clearly has a thing for him.

also, seems like we have an edward elric in this comic... just waiting for maddie to blow it out of proportion.

though, she feels like a bit of a traitor here, trying to get information on trace and his home like this... keith isn't poking his nose where it doesn't belong, and neither should she.
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax