The Daily Beasts

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1126 Post by Lief »

Phaing wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:30 amYou tried a complex series of moves, and it did not work out all that well. The feint appeared to work, but your opponent is a tricky S.O.B. He turns the tables by catching your bar between his shield and spear and succeeds in disarming you!
At the same time, Raimius frees his sword from the dead guy. "Raaahrrr!"

The man you are fighting decides that discretion is the better part of valor and tries to run away. Tries, and is foiled by his bad knee. He still tries to hobble away, his shield-side to you. It would be easy for you to catch up, but without a weapon...
Raimius sees something he does not like, and does something unexpected; he puts his magnificent sword you your hands and says "End him!"
This guy, we can call him Bruno, is halfway down the hall. If he can shout something confusing to the rest of the Prisoners.... you could have chaos on your hands.
James had backed off to about arm's reach upon being disarmed. Still a bit too close for a spear to be effective, but just far enough away that he had time to react if the spearman had tried to bash him with his shield. But instead of attacking him further, Bruno turned and... Hobbled. A quick glance to his right told James why. Raimius had freed his sword from the other spearman, and was turning... To him?

James briefly fumbled the sword, his right hand not wanting to properly grasp the hilt, and the pain flaring up besides. Quickly transferring the blade to his let hand, he looked behind him to see what had garnered Raimius' interest so. What he saw added a significant amount of fuel to the raging fire that had been slowly building inside him since the false trial that led to his imprisonment here. No child should be forced to kill. Hell, grown men shouldn't be, but they could usually deal with the trauma of having taken another's life.

Directing his attention, and his barely-contained rage at the fleeing Bruno, James dashed after him. Brandishing Raimius' sword in a two-handed grip that predominantly used his left hand, he roared after the man. "Get back here you TRAITOROUS DOG!" The last two words were bellowed so loudly and with such ferocity that he could feel his throat tearing itself raw and beginning to ache before they left his lips.

Assuming James catches Bruno, which is probably a fair assumption considering the man's lameness, James will shoulder his shield in an attempt to bowl the man over, then bring the sword down in an attempt to either break the spear or sever the hand holding it. Presuming all goes to plan and there's still an opening for such, James will then attempt to slit the man's throat. Not delicately, but not trying to cut his head off either. He wants Bruno to bleed.

(James is... Not a happy camper at the moment, if it's not obvious. He's not typically an angry man, but a lot of [censored] has led him up to this point and it all kind of just boiled over finally.)

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: The Daily Beasts

#1127 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:One of the toughest of them says to you; "Fights over, who made you Gen-"
BLAP
"Hey!"
Bruce is standing there with a bloody & swollen ear (one of the hazards of standing next to men who are using slabs of wood for shields) and snarling at the loudmouth. "The fight won't ever be over for you unless you do as yer' told, got it?" He puts his spear back up vertically and nods to Sylvi. "Right then, lets finish the birds off like the boss-lady said. And what happened to the lamps up there? I thought...."
A glance up at the galleries shows that they are empty, and once the last of the birds is dead there is the sound of a scuffle up at the far end.
Oh, and speaking of the far end, the Ice wall is melting. It is not important just yet, but a few chunks are falling off. The odd thing is when a chunk falls off, it stops melting.
Weird, ain't it?
“I appreciate that.. Bruce, wasn’t it? But he’s right. If he doesn’t want to help then he’s free to go.” Sylvi makes a genuine looking gesture towards the stair way, as if inviting him to leave. “Though naturally any assorted loot would be forfeit; along with the best cuts of meat, leaving you with just the left over gristle and organs.” It’s a power play of sorts, though she doesn’t really care too much what the guy does with his new found liberty. Sylvi waves away any objections, and would rather focus on the task at hand.

“Bruce, I’d like you to help the walking wounded upstairs.” Though asked in a formal manner, she’s certainly dialling down the matriarchal sternness in favour of a more comforting and compassionate method. “Gather some of the ice from the barricade in a couple of pieces of cloth and apply them to any obvious swelling until I have a chance to inspect your wounds further.” To the remainder. “The wall is coming down, and we don’t know if we’ve gotten them all. I’d like some volunteers to guard the entrance on the off chance the smell of blood draws one or two more out of hiding, understood?

Anyone with any level of medical training, as basic as that may be, I need an assistant to help me in stabilising the critically wounded as soon as possible. ” she turns and starts to make her way upstairs to where the two critically wounded lay.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phaing
Master

#1128 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:55 am...
"Hey." She starts rubbing Rita's back. "Don't worry. He was a bad man and you did what you had to do. I was in a very similar situation once. Remember back on the ship we met on, I told you about almost getting captured by a Templar? I did the same thing you did." She sighed, realizing this story may not help. She wrapped her arms around Rita for a hug. "It'll be alright."
"You did?"
Rita stares at you, amazed. And then the dam breaks and she begins to bawl as she clutches at Annaria. "Why do they make us do things like that?!"

Raimius sighs. "Because a lot of men are too stupid to know that there is a better way." And then he is distracted by something else and leaves... (see below)

Rita. "Stupid?" She groans and tries to get control of herself, making little fists and shaking her head. "Didn't seem like that to me. Mean, angry, they wanted something and they were going to take it from me. Are there erally so many people like that?" And since Raimius is gone, she is asking Annaria about that.
Its as if she thinks that a Fox that is just slightly more worldly than she is has all the answers. :shock:
Lief wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:40 pm Directing his attention, and his barely-contained rage at the fleeing Bruno, James dashed after him. Brandishing Raimius' sword in a two-handed grip that predominantly used his left hand, he roared after the man. "Get back here you TRAITOROUS DOG!" The last two words were bellowed so loudly and with such ferocity that he could feel his throat tearing itself raw and beginning to ache before they left his lips.

Assuming James catches Bruno, which is probably a fair assumption considering the man's lameness, James will shoulder his shield in an attempt to bowl the man over, then bring the sword down in an attempt to either break the spear or sever the hand holding it. Presuming all goes to plan and there's still an opening for such, James will then attempt to slit the man's throat. Not delicately, but not trying to cut his head off either. He wants Bruno to bleed.
"You damned idiot, we knew you'd react like this! Stupid punk, we could have been rich, that's the Princess that the Templars want-"
Bruno can't get away, and he knows it. What he tries to do is a sudden about-face and nail you with his spear. He nearly takes your head off with it, but instead he gouges your left eye with a glancing blow. (rolled a crit and ended up with minimal damage, so ... tried to figure something out)) But the spear was too crude to penetrate your skull or eye-socket, and there is nothing wrong with your other eye. The shoulder-check against the shield is such a weird move that it catches Bruno by surprise and slams him into the wall.
Bruno is the better warrior, but he does not have a real sword, and you don't need any fancy footwork or clear sight to bring it down against his throat. He drops the spear and reaches for a shiv... and that is when Raimius throws a knife that hits him in the shoulder. With one arm useless and your righteous fury bearing down on him, Bruno is soon dead, but you have other problems.

Raimius takes one look at your face and starts calling for a healer ...

The Rookie wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:39 am “Bruce, I’d like you to help the walking wounded upstairs.” Though asked in a formal manner, she’s certainly dialling down the matriarchal sternness in favour of a more comforting and compassionate method. “Gather some of the ice from the barricade in a couple of pieces of cloth and apply them to any obvious swelling until I have a chance to inspect your wounds further.” To the remainder. “The wall is coming down, and we don’t know if we’ve gotten them all. I’d like some volunteers to guard the entrance on the off chance the smell of blood draws one or two more out of hiding, understood?
While they are curious, and a bit hungry, the idea of cutting meat from these things is something that they had not even thought of until the Wolf mentioned it.
The ice is also a good call, but other than that these guys do have a good idea of how to take care of their wounded, for now. The argument is about taking them upstairs. "Why? The bunks on this level are intact. We only tore up the ones upstairs."
Even Bruce isn't seeing your point with that one, but he is running around looking out the windows, making sure there are no more Birds out there. He sees none, but he still grabs two men to help him throw up a barricade near the Icewall.
The Rookie wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:39 amAnyone with any level of medical training, as basic as that may be, I need an assistant to help me in stabilising the critically wounded as soon as possible. ” she turns and starts to make her way upstairs to where the two critically wounded lay.
One of them is already dead, the other will be soon if you can't shift that rib away from where it is gouging his lung.

Raimius us helping a man walk towards you who does not look so bad.... except for the bloody mess of a left eye and a mangled left hand.

Time for Sylvi to make a few snap decisions.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#1129 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:07 am "You did?"
Rita stares at you, amazed. And then the dam breaks and she begins to bawl as she clutches at Annaria. "Why do they make us do things like that?!"

Raimius sighs. "Because a lot of men are too stupid to know that there is a better way." And then he is distracted by something else and leaves... (see below)

Rita. "Stupid?" She groans and tries to get control of herself, making little fists and shaking her head. "Didn't seem like that to me. Mean, angry, they wanted something and they were going to take it from me. Are there erally so many people like that?" And since Raimius is gone, she is asking Annaria about that.
Its as if she thinks that a Fox that is just slightly more worldly than she is has all the answers. :shock:
She unwraps her arms from around Rita to put her daggers back in their sheathed positions (totally didn't forget about that :shock: ), then wraps her arm around Rita. She takes a moment to think of an answer, as what she really thinks probably wouldn't help. "Well, With the templar, we were keidran, he was... well a templar. They have a very negative view of us. As for if there are many people like this, I don't know if there are. Most of the people from my village were nice. I've also haven't met that many humans. Granted a lot of the interactions I've had with humans haven't been that great, I like to think we aren't that different, Keidran and Humans."

"Anyways, these were convicts. They were here for a reason, one which we don't know. Apparently the humans didn't like them either." She held on a little tighter to Rita. "Don't worry too much, we will try to keep you safe."

She waits for a moment before speaking again. "We should see if the others need help. Do you think you're ready to continue? I'll stay here a little longer if you need me."

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1130 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:While they are curious, and a bit hungry, the idea of cutting meat from these things is something that they had not even thought of until the Wolf mentioned it.
The ice is also a good call, but other than that these guys do have a good idea of how to take care of their wounded, for now. The argument is about taking them upstairs. "Why? The bunks on this level are intact. We only tore up the ones upstairs."
Even Bruce isn't seeing your point with that one, but he is running around looking out the windows, making sure there are no more Birds out there. He sees none, but he still grabs two men to help him throw up a barricade near the Icewall.
Sylvi marches on up the stairs as a deep sigh echos behind her. Annoyed that these men continue to waste her time asking questions despite everything she'd done so far clearly having purpose, she grumbles out a short glimpse of medical knowledge for the survivors. "Have you ever tried CPR on a mattress!? You might as well bash their chest with a duck feather pillow!" With that, she reaches the top of the stairs.
Phaing wrote:One of them is already dead, the other will be soon if you can't shift that rib away from where it is gouging his lung.

Raimius us helping a man walk towards you who does not look so bad.... except for the bloody mess of a left eye and a mangled left hand.

Time for Sylvi to make a few snap decisions.

“<Oh... [censored]...>” Sylvi gasp as she kneels down against the injured man. She flashes him a nervous smile as she pulls back the man’s jacket to inspect the wound clearer, though it not a pretty sight. “Don’t worry. I assure you it looks worse than it is. I’ll have you patched up by the end of the day.”

Sylvi calls a man over, handing him a small knife and instructing him to begin cutting away at the man’s clothes in order to expose the man’s chest fully. Meanwhile, Sylvi has dug into her little bag of tricks and produced the little black box that she’d acquired back on the slaver’s carriage.

She pulls out one of darts and carefully douses the head in brandy from her canteen. “White Witch’s kiss.” she explains to the patient as she brings the dart up to the man’s face. “Quick jab in the shoulder and you’ll be out for a few hours, alright? You won’t feel a thing.”

Once her assistant had cut away the man’s clothes, she forcefully jabs the dart into the man’s upper shoulder and ask him to count back from 50; by 30, he’s out like a light.

Sylvi pours a generous helping of brandy on her hands and rubs vigorously, then handing the canteen to her assistant and instructing him to do the same. “Ok, we need to shift the bone, reshape the chest cavity and fuse the flesh together. I can do most of this with magic, but I need your brawn for some of it.” She gestures to his hands. “Also don’t touch anything other than the patient’s innards until we’re finished, or else you might cause an infection.

((Going to wrap this up quickly))

Sylvi instructs the man to pull the rib back away from the lung tissue, and back to its original position. Meanwhile, Syliv is channelling her healing spell to knit the lung tissue back together, and then once the lung seems free from damage, she’ll begin working on fusing the bones in place.

Now she’s never actually tried this spell since she’d first acquired it during her time on the Duke’s ship, so here’s hoping it goes well...

Assuming the bones stay in place, Sylvi will then slowly being piecing the flesh together to close the wound up.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#1131 Post by Lief »

Phaing wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:07 am"You damned idiot, we knew you'd react like this! Stupid punk, we could have been rich, that's the Princess that the Templars want-"
Bruno can't get away, and he knows it. What he tries to do is a sudden about-face and nail you with his spear. He nearly takes your head off with it, but instead he gouges your left eye with a glancing blow. (rolled a crit and ended up with minimal damage, so ... tried to figure something out)) But the spear was too crude to penetrate your skull or eye-socket, and there is nothing wrong with your other eye. The shoulder-check against the shield is such a weird move that it catches Bruno by surprise and slams him into the wall.
Bruno is the better warrior, but he does not have a real sword, and you don't need any fancy footwork or clear sight to bring it down against his throat. He drops the spear and reaches for a shiv... and that is when Raimius throws a knife that hits him in the shoulder. With one arm useless and your righteous fury bearing down on him, Bruno is soon dead, but you have other problems.

Raimius takes one look at your face and starts calling for a healer ...
Through the rage and adrenaline James barely registers the pain, and the loss in vision he barely acknowledges. It's not until the fight is over and he starts to calm down that he realizes he can only see out of one eye. Looking down at Bruno's corpse, he kicks it with a snarl before turning to the approaching Raimius.

He offers the sword back, apparently still in shock. As Raimius starts to call for a healer, James reaches up with his mangled right hand to check his face, then hesitates. "Is it that bad? I don't feel anything."
Phaing wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:07 amRaimius us helping a man walk towards you who does not look so bad.... except for the bloody mess of a left eye and a mangled right* hand.
"My legs work fine, you know." Although his words slur slightly as the adrenaline wears off. He's started to tremble lightly from the shock and blood loss, but is more or less steady on his feet without Raimius' assistance. Not that he's making any effort to push the man away, either.

Phaing
Master

#1132 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:25 am "Anyways, these were convicts. They were here for a reason, one which we don't know. Apparently the humans didn't like them either." She held on a little tighter to Rita. "Don't worry too much, we will try to keep you safe."
"Keep me safe?" She shakes her head so hard that her teeth click. "Maybe you should worry about keeping people safe from me! I felt him die, and I was glad. What kind of person does that make me?"
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:25 amShe waits for a moment before speaking again. "We should see if the others need help. Do you think you're ready to continue? I'll stay here a little longer if you need me."
"No!" She gets up, but one hand keeps hold of Annaria. "Lets do something. Maybe if we help save a life I won't feel so awful." She looks up at the taller Fox Girl, and smiles a little bit. "You make a pretty good sister, you know?"

The Rookie wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:45 am Sylvi pours a generous helping of brandy on her hands and rubs vigorously, then handing the canteen to her assistant and instructing him to do the same. “Ok, we need to shift the bone, reshape the chest cavity and fuse the flesh together. I can do most of this with magic, but I need your brawn for some of it.” She gestures to his hands. “Also don’t touch anything other than the patient’s innards until we’re finished, or else you might cause an infection.

Oh boy, does he ever turn green for a moment.
"And sometimes its not how she says it, but what she says..." he mutters, as if finishing an earlier conversation with some other fellow.
However, your helper will step up and do what you say. Taking care of the wounded it part of a Soldier's code.
The Rookie wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:45 amSylvi instructs the man to pull the rib back away from the lung tissue, and back to its original position. Meanwhile, Syliv is channelling her healing spell to knit the lung tissue back together, and then once the lung seems free from damage, she’ll begin working on fusing the bones in place.
Okay, all this magic means that Raimius won't be coming close any time soon.
Now she’s never actually tried this spell since she’d first acquired it during her time on the Duke’s ship, so here’s hoping it goes well...
It works fine, the bones are basically structural members after all. And for a first time try, it went very smoothly... meaning no extra manna has to be used for this.
Assuming the bones stay in place, Sylvi will then slowly being piecing the flesh together to close the wound up.
(how? Stitches?)

Lief wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:16 pm He offers the sword back, apparently still in shock. As Raimius starts to call for a healer, James reaches up with his mangled right hand to check his face, then hesitates. "Is it that bad? I don't feel anything."
Raimius jams the sword into a rafter, he has to clean it before putting it back into the sheath, so he just sticks it where you'd have to be as tall as he is to reach it.
"Well don't touch it! Masks, its like working with a bunch of children sometimes..."
Which makes him look back at Rita and Annaria. To his surprise, they are getting up to follow him. "Okay... I'll eat my words later. Lets get you as close to the healer as I can. Meanwhile, try some of this." He takes a flask out of his pocket and passes it to you. It smells like Vodka, but it has an extra ingredient that makes it easier to drink.

"My legs work fine, you know." Although his words slur slightly as the adrenaline wears off. He's started to tremble lightly from the shock and blood loss, but is more or less steady on his feet without Raimius' assistance. Not that he's making any effort to push the man away, either.[/quote]
"Um... okay. Just making sure we find the right place... there she is. My woman is a healer, but I have this disability-" He looks back at Annaria again, and Rita too. He knows that look, and it gives him an idea. "Okay, I can't go near Sylvi right now and you know why, right? Good, help this man get where he needs to go and I'll take a look at the less-wounded men. Come on, step up and if you know any good jokes now would be the time."

Rita looks at him. "Huh?"

"You know, like.... life is like a box of chocolates; neither one is gonna last long for fat people."

"I thought you just said good jokes."
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#1133 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:39 am "Keep me safe?" She shakes her head so hard that her teeth click. "Maybe you should worry about keeping people safe from me! I felt him die, and I was glad. What kind of person does that make me?"
"It makes you the kind of person who would protect themselves. He was threatening you. Now, I don't know what's going on in your head, but maybe that glee was from the removal of a threat instead of his death. As in you would feel the same way if he just disappeared and reappeared on the other end of the building where he couldn't hurt you."
Phaing wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:39 am "No!" She gets up, but one hand keeps hold of Annaria. "Lets do something. Maybe if we help save a life I won't feel so awful." She looks up at the taller Fox Girl, and smiles a little bit. "You make a pretty good sister, you know?"
She stands up with Rita, and looks a little awe strukken. "A good sister huh? I've never been called a sister before. I was always an only child, or more recently an outcast." She's a little lost in thought as they're moving towards Raimius. Before they get there she whispers to Rita "Thank You"
Phaing wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:39 am"Um... okay. Just making sure we find the right place... there she is. My woman is a healer, but I have this disability-" He looks back at Annaria again, and Rita too. He knows that look, and it gives him an idea. "Okay, I can't go near Sylvi right now and you know why, right? Good, help this man get where he needs to go and I'll take a look at the less-wounded men. Come on, step up and if you know any good jokes now would be the time."

Rita looks at him. "Huh?"

"You know, like.... life is like a box of chocolates; neither one is gonna last long for fat people."

"I thought you just said good jokes."
She snaps back into "go-time" mode when Raimius gives them the order. "Yessir" She says enthusiastically while moving into position. "Just tell me where that is, where he needs to go." She said after realizing she doesn't know the plan.
As for the jokes, she laughs after what Rita says.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#1134 Post by Lief »

((Joint post with Rookie. In hindsight, we probably should've tried to get Dark involved too. Sorry about that! I blame Rookie, though.))
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:15 amShe snaps back into "go-time" mode when Raimius gives them the order. "Yessir" She says enthusiastically while moving into position. "Just tell me where that is, where he needs to go." She said after realizing she doesn't know the plan.
James points towards Sylvi with his good hand. "To the she-wolf, I believe. I can make it the rest of the way on my own, though."

He walks unsteadily forward, sitting heavily on a pallet adjacent to the one the she-wolf is working at. He could tell by his own shakiness that he was getting shocky, and a glance at his good hand confirmed that with how pale he was. "Wonder if I'll pass out." He mused.

Sylvi, not having looked up from her patient just yet, catches James's comment and rolls her eyes heavily. "Why? Not squeamish at the sight of a bit of blood, are you?" she says in a joking snide manner. "Well, it's probably a good thing you stayed up here, James. I can't imagine what you'd have done if you got caught up in any of the actio-" Sylvi turns her head ever so slightly toward the wounded bard, and the somewhat condescending mockery ceases. "Ephemural preserve us! The hell happened to your eye?"

"I seem to have lost track of it in the scuffle." James quips back, bringing his remaining eye up to meet hers.

Sylvi drapes the remains of her patient's clothing over him like a blanket before instructing her assistant to watch over him, and to come grab her if he appears to stop breathing.

"Here, hold this." She says as she pushes her spear into James's hands. "Hold the crystal about here. I need the light to see."

James grunts, grasping the spear with his left hand and holding it about where she indicated. "Busted my hand, too. Wonder if things would've gone better downstairs."

Pouring brandy on her hands, Sylvi very delicately pulls the eyelids open to examine the size and depth of the gash. "What, did you trip on something? What happened up here while I was away?"

Resisting the reflex to grimace as pain finally started making itself known, James' grip tightened on the spear. He waited until her initial examination was done before speaking. "Clint and some others. They... Recognized Rita. Tried to kidnap her, I guess? Didn't end well for them."

"[censored]..." she pulls away for the moment to scan the room for Rita, Ana and Raimius. "Was anyone else hurt?"

"Pretty sure I took all the lickings for everyone. The little one might have nightmares for a while, though..."

Sylvi winces at the thought. "Poor girls' been through enough."

Regaining her composure, she raises a finger and begins to move it from left to right. "Just follow my finger if you can. If it hurts, stop and tell me."

"Barely felt a thing a moment ago. Just the idea of looking around hurts now, though." Regardless of his words, he tracks her finger for a brief moment before grimacing in pain.

She covers his good eye and repeats. "And now?"

"Now it hurts and I can't see anything."

She pulls her hand away. "Damn... I was afraid of that..."

"Look, I can try something, but no guaranty you'll get your sight back. It's just.... Eyes are very complicated things..."

James waves his bad hand, dismissing her worry. "Either I will or I won't. Heard even the best Templar healers have trouble with eyes, too."

Sylvi nods. "Ok, just... Just... Hold your eye open." she reaches for her canteen once again, though this time she pours an ounce of brandy into the cap and hands it to James. "If you close it... I might seal your eyelids together."

He fumbles the spear into his bad hand, holding it loosely with his thumb, and takes the shot of brandy, downing it immediately. "Could use more than that. But it'll do."

James widens his eyes, keeping them open as wide as they'll go.

Using the crystal as a source of mana, Sylvi begins to kit the two halves of James's eye back together. It sensation is agonizing to say the least. "Hold on. A few more seconds. Don't blink!"

James grimaces, clenching his teeth. His right hand tightened on the spear's shaft, which didn't help the pain any but it distracted from his eye some. He managed to keep his eyes open, though the good one started to water.

The pain only continues to grow as the last of the lenses comes together. You see a blinding light in your weakened eye right as Sylvi hurries to cover it with her palm. "Alright. We're done. Just keep this covered." she stresses as she takes his good hand and presses it to the old wound.

"Right..." James holds his hand over the eye, avoiding putting too much pressure on it but definitely keeping any light from getting in to it. "Suppose I'll need an eye patch now."

"Yeah, something like that..." Sylvi mutters whilst looking about for a sash or strip of cloth. "But on the bright side, I hear Southern girls like the whole rouge look."

"I'll have to take a trip South sometime, then." James tilts Sylvi's spear back towards her, offering it back. "Does healing magic always hurt so damn much?"

"Depends on what you're healing." she says matter of factly as he pulls a small bandage from her pack which she begins to wrap around James's head on a slight tilt. "Hands and faces are full of nerves, so they're usually the worst. You're essentially pulling everything apart again in order to fit it back into place; like rebreaking a bone that was misshapen in the mending process." she finishes her bandage work and glances at your injured hand. "Speaking of broken bones...."

James moves his hand out of the way as Sylvi wraps the bandage around his head, listening to her explanation. "Ahh. I've only been healed by magic once before, but I don't remember it hurting so much. Then again, I don't remember much about that incident in general. Was run through by a spear. Guts were a mess. The mage that healed me later told me he hadn't expected me to survive." He grins. "Honestly, I hadn't expected to either. Hurt a whole lot worse than the eye. Guess I don't have much luck with spears, eh?"

"Doesn't seem like it, huh?" She grins as she glances up at the mana stone embedded near the head. "Don't worry. Once we're finished here, I'll try to keep you two separated." Before James can respond, Sylvi digs both of her thumbs into James's palm. Searching for tenderness and swelling as she creeps outward toward the fingers.

"Long as it's on my side I think we'll be fine." His grin widens momentarily before vanishing entirely as he watches her test his hand. "Pretty sure the knuckles are broken. Not sure how bad." He grunts in pain as she reaches a tender spot, near his knuckles.

((I do believe Rookie is going to post the finisher to this a bit later, but he told me to post this all now so here it is.))

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1135 Post by The Rookie »

((Lief covered most of what I wished to cover this turn, so I've very little left to offer here :potatoes: ))

Sylvi’s grin fades as she hums in agreement. “Yeah, definitely broken your knuckles....” she pulls out a second roll of bandages which she begins to wrap around James’s hand in a crisscross pattern. “Ok, once we’re all sorted all here I want you to take a breather. Just take a seat somewhere and I’ll come find you in about an hour or so, alright?”

As Sylvi left, James laid down on the pallet and passed out, succumbing to the shock and pain at last.

Sylvi studies her crimson stained hands paws for a moment before making her way over to Rita and Anaraia at a hurried pace. ((Minor detail, but Sylvi is making a conscious effort not to touch anyone with her hands. In the following exchanges; imagine her hands are bent at a right angle with her applying pressure with her inner wrist instead.))

She connects with Anaraia with a light thud, putting and arm around the vixen and squeezing her tightly before dropping to her knees to meet Rita at eye level. The girl’s blood shot and damp eyes had given away her tears.

Sylvi opens her arms wide inviting Rita to embrace her. “Hey, possum.” she whispers softly with a warm smile. “How’re ya doing, Rita?”

Phaing
Master

#1136 Post by Phaing »

OOC -

Well, that was a lot to take in!
So much in fact, that I ran out of time tonight and I will have to respond later on.
Good stuff there, and I will have to offer the both of you an option; Either an additional skill, or PM me a couple of ideas about what you would like to see in the storage building when you get around to raiding it for supplies.

-George Bernard Shaw

Phaing
Master

#1137 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:15 am She stands up with Rita, and looks a little awe strukken. "A good sister huh? I've never been called a sister before. I was always an only child, or more recently an outcast." She's a little lost in thought as they're moving towards Raimius. Before they get there she whispers to Rita "Thank You"
"You are welcome." and she thinks about it a moment, then keeps speaking with a serious tone. "And I mean for reals, not just for show. If the Templars have not found us yet, I don't think they will. Other things are ahead of us... and I don't think that play-acting is what we need to worry about from now on."

Nobody gets to overhear that, its just between the two of them.
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:15 amShe snaps back into "go-time" mode when Raimius gives them the order. "Yessir" She says enthusiastically while moving into position. "Just tell me where that is, where he needs to go." She said after realizing she doesn't know the plan.
There are a couple of lightly wounded men that don't need anything but a bandage wrapped in an awkward place or something like that, and it will only take a few minutes to take care of.
Most of the men are trying to get to a window somewhere and see what is going on outside. Eventually, they will ask the Fox-Girl "Hey, can you see in the dark?"
There isn't much to see, it seems very quiet out there. In order to really get a good look, you will have to go out there....

-- it seems as if James will be out of it for a while, but I will rule that he will wake up again at Dawn (just a few hours away) because it will become light out and he's going to sleep still anxious about his eyesight. --

The Rookie wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:09 amShe connects with Anaraia with a light thud, putting and arm around the vixen and squeezing her tightly before dropping to her knees to meet Rita at eye level. The girl’s blood shot and damp eyes had given away her tears.

Sylvi opens her arms wide inviting Rita to embrace her. “Hey, possum.” she whispers softly with a warm smile. “How’re ya doing, Rita?”
Rita simply replies; "I got one."
You can see it, her childhood is pretty much over, and she is very much afraid that Sylvi is going to be upset with her. "Clint was a bad man, wasn't he?"

"Very bad!" Raimius starts coming towards you. "He and a couple of other thugs tried to kidnap her and-"
crreeeaaak!
"Oh no you don't!" Some fools on the first floor are trying to break out some of the bars, on the ground floor! "I'll take care of this, and be right back." Raimius assures you both as he dashes off to put a stop to that.

Rita sighs. "It sure is a pain being around to many people. Can we start traveling alone again, soon?"

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#1138 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:53 pm"You are welcome." and she thinks about it a moment, then keeps speaking with a serious tone. "And I mean for reals, not just for show. If the Templars have not found us yet, I don't think they will. Other things are ahead of us... and I don't think that play-acting is what we need to worry about from now on."

Nobody gets to overhear that, its just between the two of them.
Anaraia is at a loss for words. She simply nods and says "right... except I will always fear that the Templars will eventually find us again."
Lief wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:59 am James points towards Sylvi with his good hand. "To the she-wolf, I believe. I can make it the rest of the way on my own, though."

He walks unsteadily forward, sitting heavily on a pallet adjacent to the one the she-wolf is working at. He could tell by his own shakiness that he was getting shocky, and a glance at his good hand confirmed that with how pale he was. "Wonder if I'll pass out." He mused.
She simply watched in awe as he moved himself that badly injured, she was about to go over to help him anyways until he reached Sylvi himself. Afterward she goes around to try to find people that may need her help.
Phaing wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:53 pmThere are a couple of lightly wounded men that don't need anything but a bandage wrapped in an awkward place or something like that, and it will only take a few minutes to take care of.
She helps with a few of the people needing bandages. She's only wrapped one once or twice in her life, all times terribly, so she will probably get a little help from someone else. After a short while she to Rita's side for now for Rita's emotional support for now. It is during this time when Sylvi approaches.
The Rookie wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:09 amShe connects with Anaraia with a light thud, putting and arm around the vixen and squeezing her tightly before dropping to her knees to meet Rita at eye level. The girl’s blood shot and damp eyes had given away her tears.
Anaraia returns the hug and then puts her arm around Rita while Sylvi talks to her.
Phaing wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:53 pmMost of the men are trying to get to a window somewhere and see what is going on outside. Eventually, they will ask the Fox-Girl "Hey, can you see in the dark?"
There isn't much to see, it seems very quiet out there. In order to really get a good look, you will have to go out there....
When someone calls for her she gets up and runs over to the people by the window. She squints through it to try to see. After about 5 seconds she shakes her head. "I'm not going to be able to see much through this window, but I know there's at least one more of those birds out there. Bit down on my friend's sword when we broke open another window." She said that in a casual tone. "That reminds me, should probably have armed men at the door when the wall melts."

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1139 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:You can see it, her childhood is pretty much over, and she is very much afraid that Sylvi is going to be upset with her.
“Please come ‘ere, sweetheart.” Sylvi ask, almost pleading; as she raises her arms up again to invite Rita to come to her a second time. “You’re a brave girl, and you stood up against a brute and a bully; just like Raimius, Ana or I would.” tears begin to swell in the she wolf’s eye, though she continues to speak clearly with her soft nurturing voice. “We’re proud of you, Rita. ((Assuming Rita took her invitiation, Sylvi will give her a gentle squeeze.)) I’m proud of you.”

Phaing
Master

#1140 Post by Phaing »

OOC- yeah, I'm a doofus. I was waiting for a sleeping Char to answer me.... :oops:
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:33 am When someone calls for her she gets up and runs over to the people by the window. She squints through it to try to see. After about 5 seconds she shakes her head. "I'm not going to be able to see much through this window, but I know there's at least one more of those birds out there. Bit down on my friend's sword when we broke open another window." She said that in a casual tone. "That reminds me, should probably have armed men at the door when the wall melts."
"What! One got away?"
Very good, telling them that there is another one out there kills any desire that even the most greedy of them might have had to go out there in the dark.
However, some of them start talking about how to divvy up the loot...

and about the door;
"It ain't melting any more!"

(because Raimius isn't standing right above it anymore, but it is also well below freezing out there)

The Rookie wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:09 pm “Please come ‘ere, sweetheart.” Sylvi ask, almost pleading; as she raises her arms up again to invite Rita to come to her a second time. “You’re a brave girl, and you stood up against a brute and a bully; just like Raimius, Ana or I would.” tears begin to swell in the she wolf’s eye, though she continues to speak clearly with her soft nurturing voice. “We’re proud of you, Rita. ((Assuming Rita took her invitiation, Sylvi will give her a gentle squeeze.)) I’m proud of you.”
Oh, she goes to Sylvi, and she even tries to scold you for crying. "Its not YOUR fault!" She takes a deep breath, and starts sniffling again... but this time it is because Sylvi's fur nearly made her sneeze when she inhaled a little of it.
"Thank you. I know you wanted to be there, but you had to be here, taking care of hurt people. But..." She quivers and squints her eyes. "I felt it through the knife handle, that last shake. I think it was his last heartbeat. It was like.... stepping on a Mouse, and botching it... and watching it suffer for just a moment."
Rita sits back as if she is dizzy, and looks that way for a moment. She glances around, and can't see Raimius. This allows her to think, and then let something out; "I.... aw hell..." She does cry, but not for long. Rita's lose of control is not for her sake. "Raimius! He's going to feel terrible, he's going to think I did that because I'm trying to imitate him! That wasn't it at all, but how can we tell him that?!"

In the morning (yes, you can wake up now! 8) ) There is no sign of other birds, and the Ice wall starts to crumble into snowy flakes mysteriously while Raimius is up on the 2nd floor again for some reason... :wink:

The only controversy to deal with at this point is; will it be every man for himself, or should your group and the ex-prisoners hang together a little while longer?

-George Bernard Shaw