4 us Daily Beasts

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Phaing
Master

Re: 4 us Daily Beasts

#226 Post by Phaing »

Hey Lief, Dark -

I keep getting word from you guys that I am not giving you enough to work with, but I put about as many words into it as I give Rookie and he always manages to run with it. Maybe this scene isn't such a good example, but Sylvi does seem to be positioned well.

So, okay, what am I doing wrong? What would you like or suggest for me to give you more leeway in this?

I will be holding off until Saturday night (about 96 hours from now) so no rush with anything.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#227 Post by Lief »

Ah. With my most recent post there the issue was that you only reacted to my previous post and said what Raimius did. The spearman James was "fighting" did nothing. There was no action for me to react to. Your most recent post definitely gives me something to react to and act on, however.

Most of my failings with my writing are my own, including that to some extent. In top form I'd have had little trouble writing without something to react to. But I haven't been in top form for... Years now. I struggled a bit with that post, but I often struggle with getting words on paper regardless.

Writing character sheets seems to be the only thing I can do without wracking my brain for hours. Even then I have trouble at times, but it's easier to step away from. Less pressure.

Anyways, enough of that ramble. If I have any serious complaints I'll bring them up here or in PM. If my OOC notes bother you, I apologize.

Phaing
Master

#228 Post by Phaing »

I cracked a tooth wide open yesterday and I think the meds are kicking my [censored], or insomnia.
Lets move my response back to Sunday night, my time. Its to hard to think ATM.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#229 Post by The Rookie »

Bloody hell, mate.

Yeah, no. Take all the time you need to get better.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#230 Post by Lief »

Oof. Busted teeth are no fun at all. I've got enough experience with them to know that. Feel better!

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#231 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:34 amSo, okay, what am I doing wrong? What would you like or suggest for me to give you more leeway in this?
Well, It's probably a combination of things.

1) I think for the last post I did (stabby stabby), I pictured it as being pinned to the wall where she couldn't easily move, limiting what I could do
2) School started on Monday, so I may be a little distracted right now.
3) I feel I always had this problem here: I can never think on many things to do. I've always felt my posts shorter than they could & should be. Even when you give me a lot to work with.
Phaing wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:51 am I cracked a tooth wide open yesterday and I think the meds are kicking my [censored], or insomnia.
Lets move my response back to Sunday night, my time. Its to hard to think ATM.
Yeah, worry about yourself before this.

Phaing
Master

#232 Post by Phaing »

"Stabby stabby"?
Heh heh, TY for that, I needed a good chuckle.

Okay, I'm back. And I think that the solution will be allowing more time to be covered by posts, and getting away from the Combat. Or at least, from the reactive side of it.
Instead of posts covering seconds we will get onto an area where hours or even days can be covered most of the time.
And we have a lot of distance to cover, don't we? :wink:

Okay, another big post, and I will be back this weekend to take a look at what happens next.

-George Bernard Shaw

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#233 Post by Lief »

Apologies for delays on posting. Should have something up by... Late Sunday morning, probably. My sleep schedule is completely wack along with minor health issues- Stomach troubles, headaches, that kind of thing. Haven't left me with much in the way of writing capability.

Amusingly the thoughts are there, just putting them on paper is problematic.

Phaing
Master

#234 Post by Phaing »

I won't be back until Sunday or monday, so no rush with the current post.

Its about to get a little busy 'round here,.

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#235 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote:
Just thought I'd like to mention, since it has been a few days since the last post:
Sorry for the delay, trying to set up a joint post with Rookie atm. A little trouble finding a time where we can both be available to work on it, but I'm hoping to get it done soon.

Phaing
Master

#236 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:15 am
Phaing wrote:
Just thought I'd like to mention, since it has been a few days since the last post:
Sorry for the delay, trying to set up a joint post with Rookie atm. A little trouble finding a time where we can both be available to work on it, but I'm hoping to get it done soon.
I understand you guys are working on something special, so no problem. :wink:

-George Bernard Shaw

Maplenocturne

#237 Post by Maplenocturne »

Dunno if this is dead or anything like that, but on the off chance that it isn't, is there a spot for me in this RP? Would be a shame to miss out on this.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#238 Post by The Rookie »

Maplenocturne wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:33 am Dunno if this is dead or anything like that, but on the off chance that it isn't, is there a spot for me in this RP? Would be a shame to miss out on this.
I'm afraid she is dead. At least here on the forums :potatoes:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Maplenocturne

#239 Post by Maplenocturne »

The Rookie wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:13 am
Maplenocturne wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:33 am Dunno if this is dead or anything like that, but on the off chance that it isn't, is there a spot for me in this RP? Would be a shame to miss out on this.
I'm afraid she is dead. At least here on the forums :potatoes:
Yikes.