Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

#3121 Post by Insomniac »

Envy661 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 2:58 am
Insomniac wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:40 am
As for me, I finally got my hands on Split/Second. Lotta luck in the races, solo one lap events require way too much perfection, the rubber banding on the AI is definitely a thing, regardless of vehicle stats, at least as far as I've been able to notice, but I'll know for sure when I get the inevitable car with the best stats. The Air Strike events are highly unfair, but ESPECIALLY the first one with its choke points. The physics are...Havok physics engine, nothing more need be said there. And unlike in Burnout, ramming dudes hurts your speed more than it does anything to them, which sucks a massive flopper. But otherwise, while it's not the best game of 2010, it's far from the worst.

The problem I have with Split/Second is, because of Advertisements and deals with Gamestop, Split/Second absolutely BURIED blur in terms of exposure. As a result, one of the best racing games of 2010, and probably of that year up to 2016, was left in the dust due to it's direct competition getting more spotlight time pre-launch. Post-launch, blur actually managed to get off the ground a little bit, but the damage was done. I guess it was like an Overwatch vs Battleborn scenario 6 years earlier, only with the better game taking the hit because the worse game had the bigger budget.

Comparatively, blur is the far superior title. If you haven't, I highly recommend checking it out if you can find it. (I believe it's still sold on Amazon?)
I might look into it if it's anything remotely like Burnout or the more recent Need for Speed games (which basically are Burnout with more realish physics). Split Second...Gods, I hate that bumping and grinding and ramming the other cars only slows you down or wrecks you outright and has absolutely no effect on them. Love the splosions tho.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#3122 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:20 am
Envy661 wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 2:58 am
Insomniac wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:40 am
As for me, I finally got my hands on Split/Second. Lotta luck in the races, solo one lap events require way too much perfection, the rubber banding on the AI is definitely a thing, regardless of vehicle stats, at least as far as I've been able to notice, but I'll know for sure when I get the inevitable car with the best stats. The Air Strike events are highly unfair, but ESPECIALLY the first one with its choke points. The physics are...Havok physics engine, nothing more need be said there. And unlike in Burnout, ramming dudes hurts your speed more than it does anything to them, which sucks a massive flopper. But otherwise, while it's not the best game of 2010, it's far from the worst.

The problem I have with Split/Second is, because of Advertisements and deals with Gamestop, Split/Second absolutely BURIED blur in terms of exposure. As a result, one of the best racing games of 2010, and probably of that year up to 2016, was left in the dust due to it's direct competition getting more spotlight time pre-launch. Post-launch, blur actually managed to get off the ground a little bit, but the damage was done. I guess it was like an Overwatch vs Battleborn scenario 6 years earlier, only with the better game taking the hit because the worse game had the bigger budget.

Comparatively, blur is the far superior title. If you haven't, I highly recommend checking it out if you can find it. (I believe it's still sold on Amazon?)
I might look into it if it's anything remotely like Burnout or the more recent Need for Speed games (which basically are Burnout with more realish physics). Split Second...Gods, I hate that bumping and grinding and ramming the other cars only slows you down or wrecks you outright and has absolutely no effect on them. Love the splosions tho.
blur is a lot like Burnout but with more Mario Kart elements and better visuals. You'd probably really like it if that's what you're looking for. The driving mechanics are great too.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#3123 Post by Dadrobit »

Just got my Platinum Trophy in God of War today. Really fantastic game, feels good to 100% it. :mrgrin:

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3124 Post by Insomniac »

Zone of the Enders 2 on the HD collection, Murdered: Soul Suspect, and Legend of Dragoon lately.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#3125 Post by Jonesy »

A few months ago I got back into Morrowind, and had an absolute blast playing as a Redguard monster hunter (custom class that uses crossbows, longswords and healing / buffing magic)... until all my saves got corrupted. So, I'm back on Skyrim, and have made a few new characters.

First in the latest batch was a Khajiit bard, who uses one-handed weapons and (when possible) illusion magic. Great for calming enemies, then backstabbing them. I also use the Become a Bard mod to perform in taverns (which nets you some gold and a free bed for the night), as well as get some special missions through the Bard's College. Having grown up an orphan, he was quick to adopt Lucia and move her into Breezehome in Whiterun, and was quick to marry Ysolda for being possibly the only Khajiit-friendly person in the city. I was originally going to play him more hedonistic, doing the Sanguine quest for once and joining the Thieves Guild. But he ended up having a family depending on him before that happened, so I'll probably have to backtrack on his characterization a little bit. Or at least make him more of a Robin Hood-type thief who targets the rich.

Second character was an Argonian witchhunter, who sticks to the Morrowind interpretation of the class by opening combat with archery, using magic to buff myself and summon allies, before switching to one-handed weapons and wards for up-close combat. They're also something of a military veteran, with one of the first things I did in the game being joining the Imperial Legion to liberate my egg-brothers in Windhelm. This led to the character being my first to marry an NPC of the same sex, settling down with Scouts-Many-Marshes in Hjerim (also marking the first time I've used it as my main residence). I also redid the Here There Be Monsters mod questline, which helped console me after losing my Morrowind monster hunter. Slaying dragons also fits in well with that, to the point where I equipped him with the sword Dragonbane (which does quite a lot of bonus damage to dragons, as well as doing magic-draining shock damage to all targets). Naturally, he wears full dragonscale armor, too.

My third and current character is an Orc knight, who is pretty typical sword-and-board with heavy armor for the most part, but makes good use of healing and courage magic on himself and allies while enjoying a high speech skill. I was inspired by the knightly orders one can join in Daggerfall, and do random quests for. I've been emulating that with the bounty quests, though I've had to turn to mods to try and make them worthwhile. In the vanilla game, a bandit bounty nets you a measly 100 gold, but I've managed to mod it to 250. That's not much of an improvement, since the mod that does that is also supposed to give you an item as a reward as well. And that's not mentioning the other mod which is supposed to add a perk point for completing bounty quests, but that one just doesn't work at all. Still, I've given the character a neat backstory about being orphaned by a bandit raid in High Rock, and subsequently being raised by a knight who comes across him. He's then raised in the knight's stronghold, learning combat from the knight, music and reading from the knight's wife, and various manual crafts from the resident craftsmen. He comes to Skyrim to aid those suffering under its civil war and fight against the rampant banditry that arose in its wake, as well as to take in any wayward children he can. I had him marry Mjoll the Lioness after numerous adventures together, although that's now led to her friend Aerin moving into our homestead for some reason...

Not sure if I'll be doing any new characters soon, or just sticking to the current ones. I was considering doing a straight-up monster hunter build, as well as a barbarian one, but might end up combing them into a sort of Witcher-inspired build with light armor (likely the Thieves Guild one for aesthetic purposes), two-handed swords (one steel, one silver), a crossbow (joining the Dawnguard seems an obvious choice), and potions / poisons. I've also considered a sorcerer build focused on heavy armor and summoning spells, and possibly doing some more evil things in a "for the greater good" kind of way, but that's not as big a priority.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3126 Post by Envy661 »

Started playing Final Fantasy XIV again. Back on Jenova server with my guildmates. Also picked up the expansions.

Also bought Dark Souls Remastered, but haven't started it yet.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3127 Post by Insomniac »

Legend of Dragooooooooooooooon! Not even 20 hours in and I've cried twice. LOVE THIS GAME!

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3128 Post by Envy661 »

Quake Champions since it was free, Stardew Valley Multiplayer since my friends convinced me to get it, and Yugioh Legacy of the Duelist because a friend convinced me. Doesn't even have all the cards I want :/

Oh, and Rocket League and DDDA
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3129 Post by Insomniac »

Picked up the first three Ratchet and Clank games on my PS3 recently. Played through the first so far (and exploited the Blackwater City wall glitch to farm bolts for the RYNO because hell with that). Playing Going Commando...and the space stages are an absolute taint sore, but the game is fun other than that.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3130 Post by Insomniac »

And now I'm into Up Your Arsenal, and praise the gods of gaming, they actually made getting bolts not as tedious with the third game! Though some enemy types are an absolute nightmare of "HOW AM I MEANT TO KILL THIS THING?!"

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3131 Post by Schrodinger »

A roommate bought Rainbow Six: Siege for my birthday. So now I'm grinding away for true operator status.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#3132 Post by Neptune »

Playing some Kirbs, like always
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3133 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Dad of Boy God of War for ps4.
I had forgotten how good single-player story driven games were.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3134 Post by Insomniac »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:53 pm Dad of Boy God of War for ps4.
A lot of the industry seem to have forgotten that too. It's good to see that not all of it has though. Dad of Boy is definitely high on my must get once I get a PS4 list.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3135 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Insomniac wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:49 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:53 pm Dad of Boy God of War for ps4.
A lot of the industry seem to have forgotten that too. It's good to see that not all of it has though. Dad of Boy is definitely high on my must get once I get a PS4 list.
It is not that open-world games are bad. But ther is just too many of them these days. Besides there things that open-world/multiplayer games are really bad at doing. For example telling a good story. In any case it is a great game although a bit on the short side.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide