The Daily Beasts

Play around with roles and whatnot in here, I suppose.

Moderator: Moderators

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Re: The Daily Beasts (open)

#1081 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:43 amOh, yeah... fleas. Well, that's just how it is, take the good with the bad and leave your pride at the door. This is survival, after all.
The Rookie wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:33 pm”<Yeah... No thanks...>” Sylvi mumbles; shuttering at the sight of the sleeping arraignments. Not just because of the men, but the fleas...

Instead, Sylvi propositions that the girls go find their own corner to rest the night. Between their warm coats, a blanket, and keeping snuggled together; Sylvi and Ana should be able to generate enough heat between them to keep warm; and Rita would certainly be welcome between them.

Assuming Raimius stands guard the first half of the night, Sylvi will relieve him half way through, allowing him to get some kip as well.
(everything is just about wrapped up for Ana for the in-game day, not much to respond to as James is talking to Sylvi in the middle of the night.)

"<yeah, not doing fleas.>" Anaraia is going to have to at least support Sylvi's plan if others are against it. Fleas suck for keidran. Imagine having chicken pox that don't easily go away.
"If we have a fire lit for a small while it may help us keep warm through the night as well." She suggested. "That is if we are going separate."

Phaing
Master

#1082 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:33 pm “Lastly; although this one is really up to chance. A large pillar of smoke will certainly draw attention from miles away; be it Templar, civilians or more wild beast. It’s not a gamble I’d be willing to take.”
Oh yeah, that does the trick!
Some prisoners had an argument for all of her points except that one.
Everyone will remember what drew them here in the first place; a trash-fire. Unlike every other predator that people have heard of before, these damn things seem to be attracted to fire & smoke.
The Rookie wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:33 pm“If we kill these things, then we’d be free to roam around the complex however we please. Scavenge anything and everything not nailed down, and then heading off whenever we felt like.” she begins tapping on the stone map with her stick, then drawing the line the group would have to take with the toboggan escape plans. “See, even if we do this like we first planned, that doesn’t leave any time for us to loot the surrounding buildings. We’d have to take the ground running, and not stop till Mask knows when just to survive.”
Now that is a new take on it, (even for me!) since everyone had been thinking in terms of a pell-mell escape of one kind or another. An apocalyptic battle to the death is an idea that is actually putting smiles on some faces, and they sleep more soundly than would have been the case otherwise.
Yes, weird, but that is how it is, sometimes.
Like I said, they are all trained soldiers...
The Rookie wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 5:33 pm((OOC: Don't worry, just post when you can. Me,I check this place maybe 3 times a day, so I'll usually have something up within a day, but don't let that pressure you guys. S:P ))
((Thanks, I have about another 2 weeks of madness to go, and may need another after that to get my head straight. It isn't just being tired, it is how being that way sucks the creative juices right out of you))
Lief wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:49 pm ((Hard to make an entrance right now but I did my best.))
Nicely done, and welcome to the game!
However.... I can't think of a way to get any NPC interaction there. Raimius is so tired he may be hard to wake and the rest of the guys don't really care what you are up to.
Oh, I know!

Rita seemed to be asleep, but she holds out a hand for the scarf. "Thankie sah, I don't care if it is full of spiders, so cold." And a little absurdly, she wraps it around her feet.
Raimius made everyone take their boots off to go to sleep. Human feet don't do very well if they are bound up in damp leather all the time. "Which one are you?"
Odd girl, her accent seems to shift back and forth between country bumpkin and something a bit more sophisticated.
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 5:42 am "<yeah, not doing fleas.>" Anaraia is going to have to at least support Sylvi's plan if others are against it. Fleas suck for keidran. Imagine having chicken pox that don't easily go away.
"If we have a fire lit for a small while it may help us keep warm through the night as well." She suggested. "That is if we are going separate."
Lamps can provide a surprising amount of heat, but you don't have any way to trapping much of it here. This must have been a vile place to be cooped-up in for months or years at a time.

Rita is hugged right up next to Annaria for warmth, so you may have heard what Rita just said.... I leave that open for a little back & forth with the new guy before the Battle begins.

The next day, as they are getting themselves fired up for the fight that is coming, some of the men start chanting and it sounds like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXGX33Lv2sU
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1083 Post by The Rookie »

At the changing of the guard, Sylvi gives Raimius a peck upon his cheek. “Get some rest, luv.” she whispers, as she shuffles to her feet.

She takes up a position just alongside the open window, leaning her prized spear against the stone wall as she settles in to watch over the pile of miscreants for the next several hours. Though, it’s not long before she spies one of the dark figurers stirring awake...
Lief wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:49 pmJames intentionally left his makeshift weapon back where he had been sleeping, and although not making much noise opted to step up in line with her outside of arm's reach.
Though unarmed, Sylvi doesn’t take too kindly to the stranger approaching in the dead of night. She slowly reaches for her weapon as James drew ever closer; which begins to hum with a light cyan glow once she wraps her fingers around its shaft.

She doesn’t go as far as to pull the weapon on the stranger, just yet. Just wanting to get the message across she wasn’t quite as helpless as he may imagine.
“Can I help you?” she ask bluntly.
Lief wrote:"Pardon, ma'am." His voice was unnaturally rough, causing him to pause and clear his throat. When he continues his voice is much smoother. "The little one," he gestures towards Rita, "is she staying warm enough? It's not the warmest, but she can have my scarf if she needs it. Miraculously, it's clean and free of fleas."
She lets out a startled “Oh?” as she loosens her grip on her weapon; it’s light fading away not long after. “Umm.. I mean, it’s hard to say. I certainly don’t want to risk waking her to find ou-”
Phaing wrote: Rita seemed to be asleep, but she holds out a hand for the scarf. "Thankie sah, I don't care if it is full of spiders, so cold." And a little absurdly, she wraps it around her feet.
Raimius made everyone take their boots off to go to sleep. Human feet don't do very well if they are bound up in damp leather all the time. "Which one are you?"
Odd girl, her accent seems to shift back and forth between country bumpkin and something a bit more sophisticated.
Sylvi pinches at the bridge of her snout as Rita’s hand pops up unexpectedly; letting out a deep sigh. “I guess that answers that...”
Lief wrote: After offering his scarf he goes quiet for a while, simply keeping an eye out.
"Thanks for this, by the way."
Somewhat less on edge, Sylvi begins to relax a little, though James will notice she’s slipped one hand within her pockets. She offers James a place to join her, at two meters distance mind you.

“What for?” she ask perplexed, “I haven’t done anything yet... Just been throwing around ideas until something stuck...”
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#1084 Post by Lief »

The Rookie wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 am She lets out a startled “Oh?” as she loosens her grip on her weapon; it’s light fading away not long after. “Umm.. I mean, it’s hard to say. I certainly don’t want to risk waking her to find ou-”
Phaing wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:27 am Rita seemed to be asleep, but she holds out a hand for the scarf. "Thankie sah, I don't care if it is full of spiders, so cold." And a little absurdly, she wraps it around her feet.
James quirks a slight smile as the girl practically leaps out of bed at his offer, and with a questioning glance at the tall she-wolf he unties the scarf and hands it to the girl. Seeing her wrap it around her feet had him tilting his head, bemused, but he doesn't say anything. Definitely an odd girl.

Which one was he, though? Well, the only way to answer that was with a name. "James."
The Rookie wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 am Sylvi pinches at the bridge of her snout as Rita’s hand pops up unexpectedly; letting out a deep sigh. “I guess that answers that...”
Turning back to the she-wolf, James nodded. "Yes, I guess it does."
The Rookie wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 am“What for?” she ask perplexed, “I haven’t done anything yet... Just been throwing around ideas until something stuck...”
"For getting us moving. We were just throwing out ideas ourselves. But we had no drive. Then you all showed up, gave us better plans, and a drive to act on them. So, again, thank you."

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#1085 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

(whoopsie, a small misunderstanding between Rookie and me made this post a "little" late, my bad)
Phaing wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:27 amRita is hugged right up next to Annaria for warmth, so you may have heard what Rita just said.... I leave that open for a little back & forth with the new guy before the Battle begins.
Anaraia is out like a log. The small banter is not enough to wake her up, she may shift a bit a couple times throughought the night but never fully awake until the men start making more and more noise.
Phaing wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 3:27 amThe next day, as they are getting themselves fired up for the fight that is coming, some of the men start chanting and it sounds like this;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXGX33Lv2sU
When the men start chanting is when she wakes up. She sits up, stretches and yawns, rubs her eyes, then looks around to understand what is going on. She sits there a few moments before standing up. remembering something she suggested during the planning, "We should get a couple piles of throwables near the railings so that people not on the front line can still help with the attack."

Taking her own advice, and without confirmation from anyone if it should be done or not, she starts searching what is left for anything that would make great blunt projectiles and places anything she finds in a pile like she said.

Phaing
Master

#1086 Post by Phaing »

Lief wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:35 pm
The Rookie wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 am“What for?” she ask perplexed, “I haven’t done anything yet... Just been throwing around ideas until something stuck...”
"For getting us moving. We were just throwing out ideas ourselves. But we had no drive. Then you all showed up, gave us better plans, and a drive to act on them. So, again, thank you."
When he goes back to the area where the prisoners are, there will be some snickers and some curiosity.

"Clint; "If you had a tail, it would have been tucked between your legs, eh?"

Bruce; "Any changes in the plan? Do they seem as if they really can fight the way they say?"
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:32 am (whoopsie, a small misunderstanding between Rookie and me made this post a "little" late, my bad)
(yeah, May is even worse than I thought it would be, I will need some time to decompress and this will be a short one. But in June the pace will pick up. I will be doing updates within a week of MY last post, no matter what)
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:32 amWhen the men start chanting is when she wakes up. She sits up, stretches and yawns, rubs her eyes, then looks around to understand what is going on. She sits there a few moments before standing up. remembering something she suggested during the planning, "We should get a couple piles of throwables near the railings so that people not on the front line can still help with the attack."

Taking her own advice, and without confirmation from anyone if it should be done or not, she starts searching what is left for anything that would make great blunt projectiles and places anything she finds in a pile like she said.
You won't have much luck in the upper galleries, but down below there might be something.
Hmm... not as much as you would have hoped. Lots of other people have had the same idea, but Annaria is really good at this sort of thing, or maybe she just got lucky; under a shelf you found a small sack of heavy stuff.
Gold coins.

(in the next post, we need to take up battle stations and get to drawing the Birds in, and the fighting.)
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1087 Post by The Rookie »

Lief wrote:"For getting us moving. We were just throwing out ideas ourselves. But we had no drive. Then you all showed up, gave us better plans, and a drive to act on them. So, again, thank you."
Sylv grins, feeling quite proud of herself, but still tries to play it off quite modestly . "I guess... Still, I'm sure you had your fair share of escape plans well and truly before we arrived."

James shrugs, looking out the window. "Some of them, sure. But I was..." He trails off, shaking his head.

"Right, sorry... Probably a sensitive topic..." Sylv mutters, feeling as if she'd brought the conversation to a halt. "So... James, right?" she ask, awkwardly looking about the room. "What can you tell me about yourself?"

"Don't worry about it." James waves a hand vaguely. "That's me." He glances over at the she-wolf, cracking a brittle smile. Looking towards the window, he considers her question for several minutes before answering.

"I grew up in a small village North of Twin Lakes. My father was a blacksmith and I was the middle child. Had two brothers, one older and one younger. My father favored my older brother, and taught him the family craft. I spent most of my time hanging around the village's small tavern, listening to the minstrels and bards that passed through. Wanted to be one, at one point, but I doubt it would have worked out."

Sylvi's ear visibly twinges . "Bard?" she repeats with a slight chuckle. Not in mockery, but pleasant surprise as her warm smile shows "You sing?"

"From time to time. It's been a while, though." His smile widens, becoming less brittle. "Wouldn't want to disturb the others. I'm sure they all need the sleep."

She grins in-kind, watching over the various piles of sleeping bodies. "Yeah, probably for the best." giving an exaggerated feigned sigh. "Still, anything in particular? Anything you'd think i'd know?"

"Hm. Can't say as I know any from the Ditteridge area. At least, not any that I could pin down as having come from there. I'm sure you got your share of minstrels and bards up that way. Traveler's Song might be one you know, though. It's pretty common, although everyone has their own version of it."

Sylvi is seen thinking for a moment, screwing up her face as she tries to place the name. "Maybe?" she says uncertainly "Is it a lively tune, or a more somber tale?"

"Lively. Though I'm sure there's versions of it out there that aren't."

"Nice. I've always been more impartial to that style. Nothing kills the mood like a weary poet with a sad tale." she gestures over to Raimius "I already have enough angst dealing with this one as it is."

James nods. "I am a weary poet with a sad tale. But I'll keep that in mind. Have you heard Dirty Paws? I know that's a northerner song."

Sylvi chuckles, covering mouth and trying to suppress the bouts of laughter. "The war of the foxes and bees, yeah? We used to tease this poor snow kit, Yutu, constantly when we were kids. He hated <Dirty Paws> but the name stuck." She lets out a sigh "Named a fishing boat after it and everything."

James smiles and chuckles a bit himself. "War of the birds and bees is how I know it, but it sounds like more or less the same song."

Sylvi speaks a few lines of the song, though she does so in Kiedran "I guess, but I mean.. The fox is the one who ate the queen bee in the end." she shrugs dismissively. "The song is named after her, mind you."

James tilts his head, mouthing a few words of the song silently before saying them aloud. Also in Keidran, though he stumbles over some words here and there. "<But she and her furry friends, took down the queen bee and her men. And that's how the story goes, the story of the beast with those four dirty paws.>"

He nods to himself, speaking in Human once more. "True, true. Don't ask me to sing in Keidran, I can barely speak it."

"<Oh, you speak Keidran?>"

"<A bit. I made a point of learning it when I was in the army.>"

"Ah...." Sylvi kind of rubs the back of her head. "So... How much did you hear before? When we first arrived, I mean?"

James shakes his head. "Not much. I was coasting along. Barely registered you were speaking Keidran at the time. Suppose you weren't saying very nice things, though."

Sylvi avoids eye contact and nods. "Nothing personal, but you have to understand a tower full of... Lonely men, and then a trio of lightly armed women appear.... We had to be cautious..."

James waves a hand, dismissing her worry. "I understand, it's fine."

Its about here Sylvi catches a pair of eyes watching them from afar; one of the other prisoners (Clint or Bruce), and is made visibly uncomfortable from the attention. "R-Right, well you'd best get some rest." her words somewhat colder than before, and her posture has regained that rigid cautious structure she'd had prior to their conversation. "Goodnight James.", spoken more an order than a fair well, though you do here a subtle "<I'm sorry."> softly whispered as James goes to stand.

Phaing wrote:The next day, as they are getting themselves fired up for the fight that is coming, some of the men start chanting and it sounds like this;
Sylvi had been watching from the sidelines as the men began their preparations. Opting not to end her watch till Ana or Raimius had also risen.
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:32 am When the men start chanting is when she wakes up. She sits up, stretches and yawns, rubs her eyes, then looks around to understand what is going on. She sits there a few moments before standing up. remembering something she suggested during the planning, "We should get a couple piles of throwables near the railings so that people not on the front line can still help with the attack."
Sylvi greets Ana with a grin and a lazy wave. "Morning. How'd you sleep?"

As for the projectiles, Sylv agreed whole heartedly and even had some ideas for that could help. "Ana, any chance you've had any slinging practice?"

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#1088 Post by Lief »

Phaing wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:40 pmBruce; "Any changes in the plan? Do they seem as if they really can fight the way they say?"
Ignoring the other remark when James returns to the general area the prisoners are huddled up in, James looks towards Bruce. "No changes that I know of. At least two of them are capable fighters. The rest of us will just have to make up for the two that aren't.You all should be sleeping, anyways."

James settled in for the rest of the night in his previous spot, a hair colder without his scarf, but overall feeling better than he had when he woken up earlier. He was wide awake, however, and knew he couldn't get back to sleep. So he stayed awake, mulling over his thoughts.

In the morning he joined in with the prisoners' chant for a few lines here and there, but mostly kept to himself as he prepared. Re-wrapping the makeshift grip on his iron bar, retrieving his scarf from Rita (Once she's up and about, anyways), and a few other inconsequential things.

(Meh it's crap but.)

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#1089 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

The Rookie wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:19 pmSylvi greets Ana with a grin and a lazy wave. "Morning. How'd you sleep?"
She stares at Sylvi for a moment. "I mean, I slept. Probably the most uncomfortable I've been since leaving my home, but I slept." She rolled her shoulders "I'm hoping no more super hard flooring for the foreseeable future."
Phaing wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:40 pmYou won't have much luck in the upper galleries, but down below there might be something.
Hmm... not as much as you would have hoped. Lots of other people have had the same idea, but Annaria is really good at this sort of thing, or maybe she just got lucky; under a shelf you found a small sack of heavy stuff.
Gold coins.
One could see her frustration as she finds little to nothing, that is until she finds the heavy sack. Pulling it out and looking in it, she pulls out one of the coins to inspect it. She looked at it questioningly as sure it was weighty, but was it heavy enough. She shrugged, put the coin back in the sack, and dragged it back upstairs. "will have to do" She mumbles to herself. She sets up somewhat close to the stairs and starts practicing what she will do; it looks as if she is skipping invisible stones across a lake.
Phaing wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:40 pmAs for the projectiles, Sylv agreed whole heartedly and even had some ideas for that could help. "Ana, any chance you've had any slinging practice?"
"Nope" she said during one of her practice swings. "I've only practiced with daggers. Weaponizing the motion of skipping stones may work though." She seems content with her idea.
Phaing wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:40 pm(in the next post, we need to take up battle stations and get to drawing the Birds in, and the fighting.)
And she is in her spot, ready for the attack, sack of coins at her side.

Phaing
Master

#1090 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:19 pm James shakes his head. "Not much. I was coasting along. Barely registered you were speaking Keidran at the time. Suppose you weren't saying very nice things, though."

Sylvi avoids eye contact and nods. "Nothing personal, but you have to understand a tower full of... Lonely men, and then a trio of lightly armed women appear.... We had to be cautious..."
OOC- great job with the RP, guys, feel free to keep right on with that sort of thing.
I am finally getting my life back, and should be rested and muse-friendly soon. I don't know if we will ever get back to being "Daily" again, but things are definitly looking better at my end.
The Rookie wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:19 pmSylvi greets Ana with a grin and a lazy wave. "Morning. How'd you sleep?"
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:41 am She stares at Sylvi for a moment. "I mean, I slept. Probably the most uncomfortable I've been since leaving my home, but I slept." She rolled her shoulders "I'm hoping no more super hard flooring for the foreseeable future."
"Yeah, pine needles and snow is sounding pretty good right now." Rita sits up and looks at her feet, confused for a moment and wondering if somebody is playing a prank on her. "Oh! That's right, the nice fellow... I guess he wants this back now. I just hope my boots didn't freeze solid again. Why can't we have a fekking fire anyway?"

"Because we don't want to put the smell of fire in the air to scare the birds away!" Raimius is shaking himself like a Bear as he wakes up, and glaring at Rita. "You know, it is all very well and good for you to learn new ways to speak, but certain words-"

"Yeah, whatever." Rita is not in the best of moods, and she goes skipping away to return the scarf, approaching the men by herself.
(and if questioned, she will be angry, really mad, and then eventually explain; its the mood in here. It reminds her of that terrible day not so long ago, when her life in the Palace was ended by violence and a wild escape. Instead of crying or sulking, Rita is looking for a way to lash out.)
DarkTheImmortal wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:41 amOne could see her frustration as she finds little to nothing, that is until she finds the heavy sack. Pulling it out and looking in it, she pulls out one of the coins to inspect it. She looked at it questioningly as sure it was weighty, but was it heavy enough. She shrugged, put the coin back in the sack, and dragged it back upstairs. "will have to do" She mumbles to herself. She sets up somewhat close to the stairs and starts practicing what she will do; it looks as if she is skipping invisible stones across a lake.
The funny thing is, they work very well for that, being about as heavy as lead. Unfortunately, they are even softer, and awfully small. The odds of hitting one of those Birds hard enough to -
"What in the Goat-chasing Hell for lonely Shepherds are you doing with those?!?"
"What are you yelling a- HOLY fekking MASKS!"
"Where did you find that?"
"She's using them for Throwing Stones!"

It was only a matter of time before one of the men noticed what she was doing, and picked up one of the coins. Suddenly, Annaria is surrounded by men eager to trade whatever she wants for those coins. Daggers? Well, they have a surprising variety of what they call "shivs", home-made blades that they kept to themselves while everything else was going on. Some of them are even good for throwing, being nothing more than flat bars of iron with one end sharpened.
But what she wants is up to her, for some reason these guys are willing to trade almost anything for one of those coins.
Lief wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:53 pmIn the morning he joined in with the prisoners' chant for a few lines here and there, but mostly kept to himself as he prepared. Re-wrapping the makeshift grip on his iron bar, retrieving his scarf from Rita (Once she's up and about, anyways), and a few other inconsequential things.
She is already coming to meet you, see above... and you are about the only person she is willing to smile at this morning. Rita is... weird. Annaria may have no idea what gold coins are, but most peasants live their whole lives never seeing one. Rita seems to have this whole split personality thing going, haughty one moment and all sweet & casual the next. Even the people she came with seem reluctant to deal with her just now.
However, some of your fellows are looking at her in a way that is not exactly right. And its not something freaky, its more like the sight of those gold coins reminded them of something.

Raimius uses the distractions to talk to Sylvi alone for a moment; "You have been doing great so far, but I want you to stay close by. Yes, I'll give you any advice you like, but this is the best I can do right at the moment; once you have decided to do something, stick to it. Plan your work, then work your plan, that's all there really is to being a great General." He grins at her reaction. "Yes, YOU, your the one everyone in here is looking to, so the hardest part is behind you. These tough guys are ready to do as you say.... and glad to do it, because it would have been a fight among themselves to decide who got to be boss otherwise." He puts an arm around her shoulder and asks; "So, how do we proceed?"

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#1091 Post by The Rookie »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:She stares at Sylvi for a moment. "I mean, I slept. Probably the most uncomfortable I've been since leaving my home, but I slept." She rolled her shoulders "I'm hoping no more super hard flooring for the foreseeable future."
“Agreed.” Sylvi smirks “Nothing less than warm soft beds here on out.” Her eyes wonder over toward the window “Perhaps some stuffed with feathers, eh?”
DarkTheImmortal wrote:"Nope" she said during one of her practice swings. "I've only practiced with daggers. Weaponizing the motion of skipping stones may work though." She seems content with her idea.
Sylvi had been oddly non observant at this point, assuming the coins were iron or steel pieces with them being tossed around so carelessly. “At the very least it’d be an annoying distraction.” Giving a reassuring nod before leaving Ana to her practising, “Every bit will help.”
Phaing wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:28 pmRaimius uses the distractions to talk to Sylvi alone for a moment; "You have been doing great so far, but I want you to stay close by. Yes, I'll give you any advice you like, but this is the best I can do right at the moment; once you have decided to do something, stick to it. Plan your work, then work your plan, that's all there really is to being a great General."
“G-General?!” Sylvi sputters out. Surely he can’t be serious...
Phaing wrote: He grins at her reaction. "Yes, YOU, you’re the one everyone in here is looking to, so the hardest part is behind you. These tough guys are ready to do as you say.... and glad to do it, because it would have been a fight among themselves to decide who got to be boss otherwise." He puts an arm around her shoulder and asks; "So, how do we proceed?"
“Oh Mask... Umm... Well, first we need to work out the formation. Maybe trial a few basic drills so the line won’t collapse if this goes South...” There’s a long pause, broken only by ‘ums’ and ‘ahhs’ and odd little hand gestures as she’s seen playing out the scenarios in her head. “We need... To... I need to be at the front of the pack, or at least somewhere I can see the entry point...” She hums again. “No.. No... I need to lead. If something goes terribly wrong I need to be there to fix it...”

Sylvi finds another piece of stone floor to carve out her plans for a formation, though Raimius will likely disagree with its risk, and his potential part to play.

Due to the tight nature of the stairwell, the formation is only capable of fitting four men abreast. The first row consist of four prisoners, preferably the shorter stockier kind. Their job is to stab upwards, into the underbellies, throats and joints of the legs; while the next row will see three of the biggest strongest men shoving downward into the neck, collars and chest. Sylvi will also be in this second row.

The third and fourth row will have very little to aim for as their view would be heavily obstructed as is. Their job is to simply hold their weapons through gaps in the first and second row, and stab at about mid height with the longest pikes (Two men to one pike) available and just keep jabbing until ordered to stop.

Sylvi’s tone takes a notable shift, and she look to Raimius with a mixture of concern and sorrow as she draws out a single lone figure that she marks with an R.

Raimius will be at the very rear of the pack, and serve no actual part of the fighting. Should he object “You know I’d trust you with my life, but I cannot afford the risk of a spell misfiring here due to your... You know.... So I need you to stay behind... Ok?”

Phaing
Master

#1092 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:53 pm ... Ok?”
Okay, I'm glad nobody else posted yet, I want to do a quick refresher -

This building has two stories, there is a door at each end of the lower story and at each end are a couple of rooms used by the staff. Inwards is a block of cells and at ONE end of that is the staircase. It is just straight stairs and is wider than a man is tall... so that prisoners can pass each other giong up or down.
The second story is just cells, smaller ones than those below. This leaves room for a catwalk all around and the empty space open to below in the center of the 2nd story.

Some of the buildings, like this one, lack a basement. This would only make it easier for the most clever prisoners to escape.

Just wanted to get that out in case so much time had gone by that anyone had forgotten that or didn't know it in the first place. :wink:

-George Bernard Shaw

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#1093 Post by Lief »

Phaing wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:28 pmShe is already coming to meet you, see above... and you are about the only person she is willing to smile at this morning. Rita is... weird. Annaria may have no idea what gold coins are, but most peasants live their whole lives never seeing one. Rita seems to have this whole split personality thing going, haughty one moment and all sweet & casual the next. Even the people she came with seem reluctant to deal with her just now.
James returns her smile with all the warmth he can muster- Which isn't much, considering the environment, but it's more than last night and it's still a genuine reaction. "Thanks for bringing it back," he says as he ties the scarf around his neck again. "Wouldn't feel right to go into battle without it. Sleep well?"
Phaing wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:28 pmHowever, some of your fellows are looking at her in a way that is not exactly right. And its not something freaky, its more like the sight of those gold coins reminded them of something.
Finished with his scarf, he stands to and looks towards the others. "Is there a problem?" He asks them with curiosity in his tone.

((Oh man, made everyone wait for this steaming pile. Well, I got it up before the end of the week at least haha.))

Phaing
Master

#1094 Post by Phaing »

OOC - Still waiting on Dark, but not for much longer.

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#1095 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:05 am OOC - Still waiting on Dark, but not for much longer.
(Yeah, sorry, been and will be a hectic week, posted an update in the OOC thread, though now I realize I haven't quoted you there, my bad. But I'm here right now. Will be back to normal no later than the 6th.)
Phaing wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:28 pm The funny thing is, they work very well for that, being about as heavy as lead. Unfortunately, they are even softer, and awfully small. The odds of hitting one of those Birds hard enough to -
"What in the Goat-chasing Hell for lonely Shepherds are you doing with those?!?"
"What are you yelling a- HOLY fekking MASKS!"
"Where did you find that?"
"She's using them for Throwing Stones!"

It was only a matter of time before one of the men noticed what she was doing, and picked up one of the coins. Suddenly, Annaria is surrounded by men eager to trade whatever she wants for those coins. Daggers? Well, they have a surprising variety of what they call "shivs", home-made blades that they kept to themselves while everything else was going on. Some of them are even good for throwing, being nothing more than flat bars of iron with one end sharpened.
But what she wants is up to her, for some reason these guys are willing to trade almost anything for one of those coins.
"I'm just... I need..."
As she's being swarmed she cannot get a full sentence out trying to answer the men. She rejects any offers given to her for at least this moment. She doesn't know exactly what they are, but these men obviously want them but she can't do any proper trading at the moment.
"Hey!" she yelled, trying to get them to shut up and possibly get Raimius' or Sylvi's attention. "I need something to throw. If you want to trade, give me something else I can use as a throwing weapon. Something good."
She adds just one more line to her pitch. "What do you want more, these or your lives?"
Lief wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:54 pmFinished with his scarf, he stands to and looks towards the others. "Is there a problem?" He asks them with curiosity in his tone.
"Oh, it's nothing. They want these things and I have them. You're not going to join them are you?"