Moderator: Moderators

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Comic for April 22, 2018: Seeing Double

#1 Post by Vintage »

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Tom wrote:Zen wakes up to an unexpected sight in the reestablished mindscape.
Love getting to see more of Natani :P

Zen's face in the last panel is so shuffle-able too
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Deaththekat
Merchant

Re: Comic for April 22, 2018: Seeing Double

#2 Post by Deaththekat »

Vintage wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:26 pm
Zen's face in the last panel is so shuffle-able too
So is panel 3&4
The one and only Ottershark!
Resident stoner/metalhead.
It took me 4 years, 8 months, 23 days, 4 hours, and 30 minutes to post 100 times

GaySailors
Merchant
Fav. Twokinds Character: Alaric :D

#3 Post by GaySailors »

Gah, theres so much to say about this page!

I've mentioned before that the wolves and basitins in this story have had nice physiques, so adding Zen to this is certainly going to make me happy.
It's also worth noting that Natani is still a man in her dreams, even after some of the pep talk she had about being herself. Maybe shes not as comfortable as being seen as female as we thought before.

Proforce

#4 Post by Proforce »

GaySailors wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:01 pm It's also worth noting that Natani is still a man in her dreams, even after some of the pep talk she had about being herself. Maybe shes not as comfortable as being seen as female as we thought before.
It's certainly possible, but I saw it more as "Hey, my big brother's here! Oops, better look like I usually do to him so I don't freak him out too badly."

Of course, this could just be how Zen sees Natani in the dreamscape. Since this (particular) comic (strip) is from his point of view, we may see things as he does.

Either way, I'm interested to find out which it is.

Note: Edited to include the () words for clarity

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

#5 Post by Neptune »

Proforce wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:41 pm
GaySailors wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:01 pm It's also worth noting that Natani is still a man in her dreams, even after some of the pep talk she had about being herself. Maybe shes not as comfortable as being seen as female as we thought before.
It's certainly possible, but I saw it more as "Hey, my big brother's here! Oops, better look like I usually do to him so I don't freak him out too badly."

Of course, this could just be how Zen sees Natani in the dreamscape. Since this comic is from his point of view, we may see things as he does.

Either way, I'm interested to find out which it is.
The comic is third-person, not Zen's POV

Have you read all of the comic yet? If you haven't, I would suggest that. Also welcome to the Forum, we do idiotic stuff here
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

Proforce

#6 Post by Proforce »

Neptune wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:44 pm
The comic is third-person, not Zen's POV

Have you read all of the comic yet? If you haven't, I would suggest that. Also welcome to the Forum, we do idiotic stuff here
Oh I know that, I just meant specifically this one strip. Sorry for not making that clear. Since the views we have of Natani seem to come from Zen's eyes, that's why I was wondering that.

And I'm a longtime reader who finally got off his rear to join the Forum. I usually just like to lurk in the background and stuff, but wifey says I need to be more social, both online and off.

Panther
Merchant

#7 Post by Panther »

Zen grabs Kat tail and never let her go away =^_^=
GaySailors wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:01 pmIt's also worth noting that Natani is still a man in her dreams, even after some of the pep talk she had about being herself. Maybe shes not as comfortable as being seen as female as we thought before.
That's because it's mental discussion : Natani is a male mentally . Except a part of her coming from old times , so the young female Natani and the recent one
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

ZeroJinKui
Banned
Banned

#8 Post by ZeroJinKui »

it is a bit disappointing that natani isn't willing to be herself here.

i'm still not sure about natani's gender... i mean, there is being transgender, which is fine and all, but then there is being something just to please someone else.

i do have a bad memory at times, was it ever confirmed that natani is TRULY transgender, or just views herself as a male to satisfy her brother, among other reasons?

i mean, the fact that her younger self IS female, 100%... makes me think it's the latter, it's just zen's influence making natani think she's something she's not.

i'm all for people being who they are, but lying to yourself isn't good for you.

either way, i hope natani fully comes to terms with who she is... and her and keith make things official soon. :heart:
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax

Hayate
The Hidden User

#9 Post by Hayate »

I hadn't thought about young Nat still being around once the link was back between them. I have a feeling she will be trolling both of them from the background for a bit xD
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Kitch
Apprentice

#10 Post by Kitch »

Wow... Young Natani has interesting priorities.
ZeroJinKui wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:33 pm i'm still not sure about natani's gender... i mean, there is being transgender, which is fine and all, but then there is being something just to please someone else.

i do have a bad memory at times, was it ever confirmed that natani is TRULY transgender, or just views herself as a male to satisfy her brother, among other reasons?
We once got a flashback comic where Natani wished she was a boy when she was growing up. It's likely that her gender was part of the portion of her soul that was wiped, and Zen using his soul to fill in causes her to view herself as male. He still suffers the issues associated with being physically female, though. And we have no idea what will happen now that "younger Natani" is re-manifested.

Wobaku
Traveler

#11 Post by Wobaku »

ZeroJinKui wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:33 pm i do have a bad memory at times, was it ever confirmed that natani is TRULY transgender
No, it's been left purposefully ambiguous. Tom has referred to her as a tomboy during streams though, and I don't believe he's ever used the term transgender. She might have hated her body and been considered ''transgender'' at one point, but she's gotten increasingly comfortable with her body as the comic has gone on, and she doesn't mind it as much now, she says this to Keith at the mansion.

That flashback the other guy mentioned didn't show her wanting to be a boy. She just enjoyed doing boyish things, ''young natani'' in the dreamscape explicitly stated she never minded being a girl, and Natani has acted more feminine since that encounter. There were three reasons for her pretending to be a male pre-soulshatter, and that was so she could join the assassins guild, because wolf culture views women as weak (and she wanted to be seen as strong), and because she was a tomboy who liked looking like a boy.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#12 Post by Hulk10 »

Hopefully she'll eventually accept her gender as a female.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

detrius
Citizen

#13 Post by detrius »

At least it looks like Zen will recover.

I doubt Natani would treat him that way if he had lost his leg.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#14 Post by Hulk10 »

Kat sure is cute and so is young Natani
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#15 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Throwing my to bits about Natani.
According to 923 Natani has always liked being seen as a boy and both her masculine and feminine side, are his/her own and not necessarily something Zen brought to her mind. However it was also stated before that when Natani's mind broke, her gender was damaged and patched up with Zen's, or that is what they told her. So Natani's current situation comes both from her environment, wolf society does not seem very "egalitarian", her neurological issues and how she is.
Personally I imagine Natani to be non-gender conforming but it is open to interpretation I imagine this is by design as it is a rather sensitive topic no matter on which side you are. And historically, the civility of the discussion tends to drop everytime it is discussed.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide