Rose and Raine

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

KaiserDunk

Rose and Raine

#1 Post by KaiserDunk »

Just wondering, but does Rose know about Raine's existence as a child of Euchre?

Also, it will be interesting to see Raine's reaction upon finding out that Rose is her great aunt through Euchre.

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Rose and Raine

#2 Post by TheMouse »

See, I saw the title and thought "Oh my gosh! Someone else ships them too!"

Nope, but I do like the train of thought.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Rafe
Council Member

#3 Post by Rafe »

KaiserDunk wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:39 am Just wondering, but does Rose know about Raine's existence as a child of Euchre?

Also, it will be interesting to see Raine's reaction upon finding out that Rose is her great aunt through Euchre.
Rose is Euchre's first cousin, so Rose is actually Raine's first cousin, once removed.

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#4 Post by MuonNeutrino »

As far as I know, we don't know if Rose is aware of Raine's existence. This sketch suggests that the answer *might* be yes, but sketches are non-canon unless confirmed otherwise so it's hardly conclusive. Given that Rose stayed in human lands and was associated with Trace (and perhaps through him other templar), it's not completely impossible that she could have learned at some point from Euchre or Mary, but I don't believe we have any evidence one way or another.

Raine, on the other hand, definitely does know who Rose is, given that Raine was the one narrating this whole flashback. However, that doesn't necessarily mean she could *recognize* Rose, as evidenced by her line in the most recent comic. Given that Raine presumably got the story secondhand from Mary, it's entirely plausible that Mary just didn't describe what Rose actually looked like, either not in detail or even perhaps not at all.

I *do* hope that they will have a chance to interact, as there definitely could be some interesting things to say there. Given that Tom made a point of having Raine wonder who Rose is, I'm hopeful that that will indeed get to take place.

KaiserDunk

#5 Post by KaiserDunk »

Rafe wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:41 am
Rose is Euchre's first cousin, so Rose is actually Raine's first cousin, once removed.
Thank you for correcting me.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#6 Post by Hulk10 »

Relations can get very confusing.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

NuclearBird
Master

#7 Post by NuclearBird »

Hulk10 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:53 am Relations can get very confusing.
That's only true for aristocratic families.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#8 Post by Hulk10 »

I find that even in non-aristocratic families things can get confusing.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

NuclearBird
Master

#9 Post by NuclearBird »

Hulk10 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:00 pm I find that even in non-aristocratic families things can get confusing.
I REALLY want to make an offensive joke regarding that, but my pile of Hell Tickets is already too big to fit anywhere.
If the universe is infinite, does that mean that there is a version of me out there who's thinking the exact same thing?

While we're on the topic of alternate universes, is there one where I'm a lawyer? If yes, then I may be more evil than I thought.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by Hulk10 »

NuclearBird wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:37 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:00 pm I find that even in non-aristocratic families things can get confusing.
I REALLY want to make an offensive joke regarding that, but my pile of Hell Tickets is already too big to fit anywhere.
Good because I really don't like jokes.

Ddraig
Templar Master

#11 Post by Ddraig »

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:23 am
You don't like... jokes? at all? What a boring existence that must be, where nothing is humorous
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything, but it's wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it always finds that darkness has gotten there first, and is waiting for it."

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by Hulk10 »

Ddraig wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:31 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:23 am
You don't like... jokes? at all? What a boring existence that must be, where nothing is humorous
Let me clarify. I don't like many of the jokes many adults like, like offensive ones, derogatory ones, sexually based ones. Due to this many people would say I have no sense of humor.