Comic for March 10, 2018: Doorway

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Neptune
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: the bear in my signature

Re: Comic for March 10, 2018: Doorway

#46 Post by Neptune »

BadJoke wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:42 pm Don't know about you people, but I'm getting a little bored with the current arc.

It's mostly exposition on the world's inner working and doesn't get the plot moving much. It's almost one page of plot for two/three of exposition... I mean, even when we were "stuck on the boat" we had at least a bunch of character development to go with...

Would be time for the bad guys do actually do a REAL move against our heroes.
TwoKinds has been moving slow lately, and the comic never really had a starting exposition to begin with. Now isn't really the best time to do that, but it replaces the lost time that could've been used for setting establishment in the first three years.
Image Haha, he's so tiny! Where is he going?

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#47 Post by TheMouse »

BadFoMo wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:04 pmB; she is indeed bound to the estate.
I will admit, this is just Fan Fiction level speculation, but while she's not a ghost, that's not the real Roselyn. The real one is being kept in suspended animation on the third floor with the rest of the mansion's inner workings. What we're seeing (and with which they are interacting) is simply a mental projection which can to anywhere on the estate where she's needed.
Okay, this. I love this. This is an amazing theory and I really hope that it turns out to be true.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Rafe
Council Member

#48 Post by Rafe »

I was thinking along those same lines.

From the time I saw the portrait of Rose, I wondered if there was more to it than just Trace keeping it (and Rose) for sentimental reasons.

Rose says in the last panel, talking of Saria, "...She's the reason the painting and I are still here."

One of Oscar Wilde's most famous works is the novel The Picture of Dorian Gray, about a man whose portrait ages while he remains youthful. Maybe you've read it (or seen one of the films based on it), but I can't help wondering if somehow the painting is part of what is keeping Rose alive. Maybe Rose can leave the estate, but would lose her immortality. It could be that she wants to, but she's prevented by Trace, or she's waiting to resolve her feelings about Euchre. Maybe she just wants to see Raine.

We know that Rose was much more emotional when she was young. In the present timeline, she seems very restrained. It looks like in this page, that some emotions are starting to get to her. The halting way she speaks about "It's...been a long time since... I've seen it open... Seen the outside" shows that she's having some trouble keeping whatever she's feeling to herself. In any case, as we saw earlier with Keith and Natani, Rose seems to be hiding her inner pain from everyone else.

amenon
Grand Templar

#49 Post by amenon »

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:47 pm (Like the basitin 3 way jump attack. Where the heck did that come from?)
I'll agree there :grin: (But really, see a later point about anime combat.)

I do actually have a different beef with that fight scene, though; that Keith fought so goddamn badly, even though everything was on the line for him. Bleh. Though, this is really more about me wanting Keith to be stronger than that. It is effective in showing that he's ineffectual at protecting the people he loves, which does rather go with his arc :| Just... can he ever get past that and the franticness and grab his fate by the neck and get a real big damn hero moment? But I guess in many ways it's early days yet. He's had a hell of a few weeks. Credit to him for not completely breaking, but he's running on luck at this point. And his luck isn't anything to write home about :?

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:47 pmDefeating Sara
As she was specifically called to do by Kei, to introduce Reni, and after she had already been defeated.

Seriously, this point is almost as bad as the one about accents, and that's your all-time top 1 :P

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:47 pm, driving off the wolf attack,
You mean letting Brahn's plan, that she was factored into, proceed as Brahn intended? Shocking!

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:47 pmcapturing the wolf alive that she smashed earlier
I'm actually inclined to agree, in that that hit should not have been survivable... but Twokinds combat runs on pure anime logic. Keith and Alaric broke a stone bridge. There just fundamentally is no reasonable expectation of realism.

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:47 pm, reading his mind to perfectly guess one of the masterminds,
I think it's just expedience, really. I mean, the natural outcome is just that Reni interrogates him while he's awake; or if it's necessary to loop Natani in more like happened, looks at the wolf's memories with Natani's help somehow. It's just more pages methodically applying tools that are arguably more reasonable, but not as useful dramatically.

Runtime limitations are a real problem in this medium. If this was a shortcut, I don't think it was a harmful one.

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:47 pm using saddlebags of holding to connect the two groups,
Saddlebags which were previously established, and this was a reasonable use of. (Indeed, people correctly called it beforehand!)

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:47 pm and pulling out the key to instantly send them back.
Discussed earlier, but to tie this back to your Chekov's gun analogy: This is either pure narrative fluff, or it's actually putting the gun on the mantelpiece (or the boot, I guess :P) for a later more plot-driving use.

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:47 pmTom in stream. No screenshots of it though, I wish I had so it's just my word really. People have asked where she was and when she was coming back and Tom stated that he was thinking about what a 2000+ year old elder dragon in the back pocket of the party would do to the story at the time of the Basitin Isles arc and decided to remove her before he/they became dependent on her as a get out of jail free card.
Sorry, I won't take your word for it. I would trust a screenshot from you, but human memory is notoriously malleable and this is a really common fanon sentiment. I could see avwolf arguing the exact same point with pretty much the same language. (And I'd challenge him the same way. If you're going to be didactic about someone's intentions, be ready to back it up :P)

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:47 pmHonestly the characters are kinda flimsy in a lot of places still as well. I find there is probably a 50-50 split in characters that feel really well written and real vs the ones that are just... Ehhhhh. Part of that unfortunately includes Trace and Flora.
I think the ratio is much better than 50-50 (of course, keeping in mind the relative prominence of characters.) I do agree about Trace and Flora. But of course, that's not a universal sentiment. You'll find plenty of people who are way into them, and just because they don't appeal to us specifically doesn't make them objectively bad.

I mean, hell, some people like Kei. Can you believe that? :P

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:47 pmPart of why Trace is in that negative pool. Even knowing what he did, he hasn't really shown much of any remorse or inclination to fix what he did.
And even in current times, he racked up a pretty healthy killcount starting here and hasn't really ever shown anything like remorse for it. He was a bit worried about what Flora would think of him being a crazed murderer, but zip nada and zilch for the actual acts. I wasn't really kidding when I made this:

Our heroes, the genocidal maniac and the woman who sympathizes with him because they were magically made to fall in love. (Or because she just plain has awful taste in men; see Kei again :P)

Dadrobit wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:47 pm
amenon wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:48 pmAlso, two thoughts:

1) So where's Trace's key?
Brahn maybe? I think it was Trace's manor he was in when meeting with Clovis. He could have made a dubious claim to it after Trace's disappearance.
No way, that had to be the Edinmire tower.

The main reason I'm wondering is that it's something Trace presumably would have had with him around the start of the comic. ('course, it would be simple enough to say that Ephemural yoinked it. And the keys themselves seem to be entirely generic, so I guess there's not really any point to thinking about it.)

amenon wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:48 pm2) Rose and Raine are about to meet.
I wonder if Euchre ever even told her about Raine? There is a good chance that they never spoke to each other after the gallows catastrophe, even if they saw each other.
Impossible to say, I think. But Raine could know what became of Rose, and even if not, should perhaps recognize her, with the aid of the painting if not otherwise.

Also, Trace could have conceivably told Rose, since he (at least post-insanity) knew.
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#50 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

amenon wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm
amenon wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:48 pmAlso, two thoughts:

1) So where's Trace's key?
Brahn maybe? I think it was Trace's manor he was in when meeting with Clovis. He could have made a dubious claim to it after Trace's disappearance.
No way, that had to be the Edinmire tower.

The main reason I'm wondering is that it's something Trace presumably would have had with him around the start of the comic. ('course, it would be simple enough to say that Ephemural yoinked it. And the keys themselves seem to be entirely generic, so I guess there's not really any point to thinking about it.)
The way Reni explained it on the previous page the destination of the gate depends entirely on who uses the key, while which key (as in the physical object) is being used to opening the gate is completely nonconsequential. So even if Ephemural pawned Traces key this would only prevent Trace from using his magic backdoor. And if Brahn or Clovis got hand of it they would still be unable to get into the mansion
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#51 Post by Dadrobit »

Take two because Firefox ate my reply....
amenon wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm A bunch of fairly reasonable arguments.
Taken one by one and in a vacuum, I might be inclined to agree with a majority of what you've posted. However, when placed in the context of the comic's progress, juxtaposed against the utility and impacts of the other individual characters in driving the plot across the same time frame, I still assert that Reni is too much. Her position of convenient Swiss Army Knife is taking away from the value of the other characters and her actions are too heavily in contrast to how Tom is trying to write her.

You mention that Keith has been lacking in the Big Damn Hero department, well quite frankly, Reni is to blame. He had his chance with Sera to TRULY come out on top as the superior warrior and hero, but instead it was turned into a "wardrobe malfunction" gag so that Reni could have the finishing blow.

Trace as well could have had a moment where he was definitively the savior of the town by driving off the attack, but it was Reni who came in with the Coup De Grâce.

And why add another method of magic teleportation on Chekov's wall when we already have Natani who has the established ability to teleport groups of people across long distances?

I would argue that not only would the balance of power across the parties be much more copacetic, but it would be heavily in favor of Reni's characterization as an inexperienced juvenile on the ditzy side desperately trying to prove herself if she wasn't carrying the plot. Imagine if she showed up late to the Sera fight, but Keith had already TRULY won? If she wasn't able to save the town because her magic actually wasn't powerful enough but luckily Trace was there to save the day himself? If she had no recourse to bring the party back in her overexerted state, but fortunately Natani had a few mana crystals to use? It would be SO much more in line with her persona!

Heck, she might even be considered a well written character. :mrgrin:
amenon wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm Seriously, this point is almost as bad as the one about accents, and that's your all-time top 1 :P
Huh, I would have figured you'd put my "Lynn is Maddie's father" up there.
amenon wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm Sorry, I won't take your word for it. I would trust a screenshot from you, but human memory is notoriously malleable and this is a really common fanon sentiment. I could see avwolf arguing the exact same point with pretty much the same language. (And I'd challenge him the same way. If you're going to be didactic about someone's intentions, be ready to back it up :P)
Eh, I'll try to wring it out of him again sometime after a stream or something. But getting actual canon information out of him lately is like pulling teeth from a clown. It's all about the meme answers.

amenon wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm I mean, hell, some people like Kei. Can you believe that? :P
#KeirenForMainProtagonist2018
amenon wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm And even in current times, he racked up a pretty healthy killcount starting here and hasn't really ever shown anything like remorse for it. He was a bit worried about what Flora would think of him being a crazed murderer, but zip nada and zilch for the actual acts. I wasn't really kidding when I made this:

https://i.imgur.com/sGulcTc.jpg
Absolutely agree.
amenon wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm Our heroes, the genocidal maniac and the woman who sympathizes with him because they were magically made to fall in love. (Or because she just plain has awful taste in men; see Kei again :P)
Seriously, who gives up the greatest of all time for a dude with a blue Dorito on his face? :mrgrin:

Maybe Sealeen???
amenon wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm No way, that had to be the Edinmire tower.
Honestly probably not. Only getting to look at it here and here, we don't get to see a ton of detail, but there's nowhere on that tower that looks close to accommodating what we see from the Clovis meeting.

If not Trace's though, perhaps his own personal estate? Trace may have given such gifts to his cohorts when in power if he was able to acquire his own mansion.
amenon wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:48 pm
Impossible to say, I think. But Raine could know what became of Rose, and even if not, should perhaps recognize her, with the aid of the painting if not otherwise.

Also, Trace could have conceivably told Rose, since he (at least post-insanity) knew.
The painting is a good point, but does Rose and Euchre being related come up in conversation in front of Trace? It doesn't in the comic, (as far as I recall) but even hypothetically, would Euchre even tell him about being related to Rose? Maybe? Maybe even likely depending on how you see Trace and Euchre's relationship? There's next to nothing to go off of to guess how much Euchre truly confided in Dark Trace. I generally held that Euchre maneuvered himself there to make sure the damage Trace did wasn't completely race-ending and so would probably never tell him about his true form. 100% pure headcanon, but that's my take on him.

The flip side being Rose telling Trace about Euchre, but how much would Euchre come into the picture in the home life before Saria's death and Trace's subsequent mad rise to power with Euchre, (not much I would think) and would Dark Trace trust Rose in his insanity to believe her and tell her about Raine?

The longshot is that he recalls her calling for Euchre at the gallows and connects some dots, but that was years prior even to Trace trying to court Saria in the first place.

amenon
Grand Templar

#52 Post by amenon »

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:07 pm
amenon wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm A bunch of fairly reasonable arguments.
Stuff on Reni
I think what's bugging you about Reni is something that does bug me about the comic in general, but that doesn't for me rise above the level of the ambient when it comes to Reni in specific: the fact that the characters have very little agency. For the most part, they've been getting railroaded around for coming on fifteen years now, being pawns in other people's plans.

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:07 pmYou mention that Keith has been lacking in the Big Damn Hero department, well quite frankly, Reni is to blame. He had his chance with Sera to TRULY come out on top as the superior warrior and hero, but instead it was turned into a "wardrobe malfunction" gag so that Reni could have the finishing blow.
No, Keith already lost it when he couldn't really handle her one-on-one. (Even getting a tail to the face, which, if you think about it at all, would be an incredibly telegraphed attack!)

More crucially, though, he lost it before that conflict even began, by foolishly acting in a way that directly led to that conflict. Trying to help Natani, he just put him in more risk, and risk that he could not have mitigated by himself. Keith's problems are psychological much more than they are about how well he can punch things.

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:07 pmTrace as well could have had a moment where he was definitively the savior of the town by driving off the attack, but it was Reni who came in with the Coup De Grâce.
Trace did have a good moment, and I think a show of force from him would have actually been much worse; it's rather the point with him that he cannot do that, not without dire consequences.

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:07 pmAnd why add another method of magic teleportation on Chekov's wall when we already have Natani who has the established ability to teleport groups of people across long distances?
My theory, if you'll recall, is "because it's cool" :P

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:07 pm
amenon wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:45 pm Seriously, this point is almost as bad as the one about accents, and that's your all-time top 1 :P
Huh, I would have figured you'd put my "Lynn is Maddie's father" up there.
If I've heard that one, I don't remember! But on the face of it... incredibly unlikely, but not impossible? Could be done, it's just unclear why someone would :P

(Main strike would be that I don't think Lynn and Maddie share any physical characteristics. Keith has his mother's fur color and his father's eyes; Aster and Albion seem to me to likewise share a familial resemblance; but Maddie has nothing of her mother's [or, indeed, Lynn's], making me think she's adopted [and in Lynn's case, otherwise unrelated])

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:07 pm Eh, I'll try to wring it out of him again sometime after a stream or something. But getting actual canon information out of him lately is like pulling teeth from a clown. It's all about the meme answers.
Good; less time I need to spend arguing that what he says doesn't matter, only what he puts in the comic does :P (This being a rare exception, since the point of contention is specifically his intentions!)

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:07 pm Seriously, who gives up the greatest of all time for a dude with a blue Dorito on his face? :mrgrin:

Maybe Sealeen???
Ahahahaha :grin:

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:07 pm Honestly probably not. Only getting to look at it here and here, we don't get to see a ton of detail, but there's nowhere on that tower that looks close to accommodating what we see from the Clovis meeting.
The tower is absolutely massive, though; we've only seen it from quite far away. I also think the smoke rising is a big tell, and thematically it's kind of an "of course that's where they'd be" situation.

Dadrobit wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:07 pm The painting is a good point, but does Rose and Euchre being related come up in conversation in front of Trace? It doesn't in the comic, (as far as I recall) but even hypothetically, would Euchre even tell him about being related to Rose? Maybe? Maybe even likely depending on how you see Trace and Euchre's relationship? There's next to nothing to go off of to guess how much Euchre truly confided in Dark Trace. I generally held that Euchre maneuvered himself there to make sure the damage Trace did wasn't completely race-ending and so would probably never tell him about his true form. 100% pure headcanon, but that's my take on him.
I don't think there's a lot of solid details to draw from when it comes to Euchre/Trace, but a few things come to mind about this scene:
- Trace was said to have used a version of Euchre's spell
- Trace knew to transform her into a snow wolf in particular
- Trace taunted her about her daughter

So I'm pretty sure Trace knows about Euchre's form and Raine's parentage, at least. It's true that doesn't necessarily imply all that much about Rose, though...

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

#53 Post by Dadrobit »

amenon wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:39 pm
No, Keith already lost it when he couldn't really handle her one-on-one. (Even getting a tail to the face, which, if you think about it at all, would be an incredibly telegraphed attack!)
Yeah, I recall that being a topic of conversation on that page's discussion.

Question, do you think he underperformed in that moment? Or is it more of a case that he's overperformed elsewhere? There's really not much to go on that shows him as a competent fighter. Vs the bridge guard he would have lost without his lateral thinking/style, (and the guard gave up really easily) vs Alaric, he was completely and utterly outclassed, (then the aforementioned bridge happened) and vs Natani, he is shown to only be around an equal, (maybe a bit better) while Natani is one part of a duo known only to kill their targets through unexpected means.
amenon wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:39 pm More crucially, though, he lost it before that conflict even began, by foolishly acting in a way that directly led to that conflict. Trying to help Natani, he just put him in more risk, and risk that he could not have mitigated by himself. Keith's problems are psychological much more than they are about how well he can punch things.
To his credit, he didn't start the fire. Sara was the one who initiated the attack with the bolas and it was Lynn who garnered her ire with the "lizard" comment after. Keith stepped up with the "frauds" instigation well after the flames were licking at him.
amenon wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:39 pm Trace did have a good moment, and I think a show of force from him would have actually been much worse; it's rather the point with him that he cannot do that, not without dire consequences.
Yeah, that would require risking some personal sacrifice, can't have that! :mrgrin:
amenon wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:39 pm My theory, if you'll recall, is "because it's cool" :P
And mine is "substance over style." :mrgrin:
amenon wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:39 pm If I've heard that one, I don't remember! But on the face of it... incredibly unlikely, but not impossible? Could be done, it's just unclear why someone would :P

(Main strike would be that I don't think Lynn and Maddie share any physical characteristics. Keith has his mother's fur color and his father's eyes; Aster and Albion seem to me to likewise share a familial resemblance; but Maddie has nothing of her mother's [or, indeed, Lynn's], making me think she's adopted [and in Lynn's case, otherwise unrelated])
That was actually my thought as well until I started writing the side comic for Tom. This time I do have a screenshot!

My speculation towards Lynn being the father includes a bunch of completely unreasonable things! Like how they both like their stealth and sleight of hand. The father is known to be an ex master general, and Lynn is a goddamned baller. He's there to catch her after the triple attack. And he's even looking at Maddie in this splash page...

Everyone thinks he's nearly blind or a eunuch when he's really not, it's just that he only has eyes for the King! :mrgrin:
amenon wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:39 pm The tower is absolutely massive, though; we've only seen it from quite far away. I also think the smoke rising is a big tell, and thematically it's kind of an "of course that's where they'd be" situation.
It's a few stories, but I don't think that it's so massive that it's hiding a room like that perfecly out of sight. Now smoke plumes are a properly massive thing, you can see those from miles and miles out. Furthermore, I'd think that Brahn would want to meet with him in a truly private area like one of the other hillside abodes that might be his own to use if not Trace's, whereas a Templar tower may and probably does have Templar there that aren't in on the master plan.

amenon wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:39 pm It's true that doesn't necessarily imply all that much about Rose, though...
Time to hurry up and wait for the plot. :mrgrin:

amenon
Grand Templar

#54 Post by amenon »

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 pmQuestion, do you think he underperformed in that moment? Or is it more of a case that he's overperformed elsewhere? There's really not much to go on that shows him as a competent fighter. Vs the bridge guard he would have lost without his lateral thinking, (and the guard gave up really easily) vs Alaric, he was completely and utterly outclassed, (then the aforementioned bridge happened) and vs Natani, he is shown to only be around an equal, (maybe a bit better) while Natani is one part of a duo known only to kill their targets through unexpected means.
I'd say that there's nothing to say he didn't perform more or less consistently to his previous showings. (And who's to say how tough an opponent Seraphina really is? One point comparisons are somewhat fruitless.) At least for me, it did downgrade how good I think he is -- you could say that I'd been underestimating how hard Alaric threw their fight :P -- but I think that's just because I had an overly rosy view of his skills to begin with, rather than real over/under performance.

I do think he underperformed in the sense that if he was in a good state of mind, he would have done better.

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 pmTo his credit, he didn't start the fire. Sara was the one who initiated the attack with the bolas and it was Lynn who garnered her ire with the "lizard" comment after. Keith stepped up with the "frauds" instigation well after the flames were licking at him.
I'm talking purely pre-bolas here. He went knocking doors for a healer for a wolf in this environment, which is how he drew the mercs in the first place. He didn't exactly do well in talking to them, either, but a fight might have already been inevitable at that point.

He's acting rashly in general, up to and including pulling that sword on Red. (Red was threatening to draw, so the measured response is something less than 'put a sword to his throat'.) And I don't have a problem with that, considering what he's been through. The ship ride back could have been a chance for him to rest and recuperate a bit, but instead it turned into more agony and stress, and here we are. He's terrified of losing Natani.

It's good character writing, but as a reader who cares about Keith, it makes me worried about when he'll actually have that time to process and calm down and start healing. He's three scares in today, and it's not lunch yet! :?

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 pm
amenon wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:39 pm Trace did have a good moment, and I think a show of force from him would have actually been much worse; it's rather the point with him that he cannot do that, not without dire consequences.
Yeah, that would require risking some personal sacrifice, can't have that! :mrgrin:
I meant more, 'dire for others/the world.' Or do you think he's actually capable of self-sacrifice? :grin:

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 pmAnd mine is "substance over style." :mrgrin:
There's no way that's a slogan of yours.

No way :grin:

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 pmThat was actually my thought as well until I started writing the side comic for Tom. This time I do have a screenshot!

See, this doesn't actually change my guess until and unless it actually comes up in the comic :P

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 pmEveryone thinks he's nearly blind or a eunuch when he's really not, it's just that he only has eyes for the King! :mrgrin:
I've got nothing against this theory, except that SeaLynn is a solid ship and so should be accommodated :P

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 pmIt's a few stories, but I don't think that it's so massive that it's hiding a room like that perfecly out of sight.
It's yuuuge.

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 pmNow smoke plumes are a properly massive thing, you can see those from miles and miles out.
Sure, but contrast how they look there to how they look here.

Dadrobit wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 pmFurthermore, I'd think that Brahn would want to meet with him in a truly private area like one of the other hillside abodes that might be his own to use if not Trace's, whereas a Templar tower may and probably does have Templar there that aren't in on the master plan.
I'd buy it being one of the other non-city places before buying it being Trace's estate, but my guess remains the tower.

Lordadmiral Drake
Master

#55 Post by Lordadmiral Drake »

Though, the large hall with the big time windows-wall doesn't fit the interior or exterior of any templar tower we've seen so far
Furcode: FCXcsp2a A C- D H+ M- P- R++ T++ W Z- Sm# RLE a cln d+ e h* i+ j+ p- sm+

I'm a Deviant now

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#56 Post by Hulk10 »

The doorway certainly is interesting and useful.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#57 Post by Schrodinger »

Hulk10 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:01 am The doorway certainly is interesting and useful.
But I can easily see why it isn't used commonly in this world.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#58 Post by Hulk10 »

So can I. Its certainly not very practical.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#59 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Schrodinger wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:53 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:01 am The doorway certainly is interesting and useful.
But I can easily see why it isn't used commonly in this world.
Seems like a fancy trick for rich and powerful people to show off at parties. There may be more practical versions for military and commercial use but i imagine the maintenance and requeriments are to big for regular everyday use.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#60 Post by Hulk10 »

Seems like evil Trace is a lot like Hannibal Barca, of Ancient Carthage.